Childhood obesity

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by The Bard of Wigan, Mar 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

Sure didn't you know in 2027, fat people will be executed on spot. Their fat being used to feed to "underwiehg" who will be on the verge of getting executed themselfes for falling sort of "norm:.

No more western world BTW ;)

2. Rei

Rei Contributor Contributor

Ashleigh, you're the only one who sounds hateful right now.

Would you think it's okay to say, "In big cities, you'll find people with lung cancer and asthma. That's life," the expect everyone to just accept it and ignore the causes? Instead, we educate people on the causes of air polution, find ways to reduce it, and encourage people to choose transportation methods that cause less pollution. True, people choose to overeat and they don't choose to live near factories. What they do choose is transportation methods, smoking, and whether or not they will take care of the plant-life around them.

Obesity, though self-inflicted, is still a disease. Over-eating is just as much an eating disorder as anorexia is. The increase in the number of obese does effect everyone. The fatter we get, the worse our health gets, and the less we are able to do certain jobs. And the worse our health gets, the greater the strain on the healthcare system, or on the personal finances and insurance companies of people who live in countries that do not have universal healthcare.

Parents who overfeed their children, in some cases, can be charged with abuse. It's rare, but it happens. You are endagering the child's health just as much, if not more, than when you do not feed them enough. Child abuse is everyone's business. In Canada, if you know a child is being abused, and you don't report it, you can face criminal charges.

3. Ashleigh

Ashleigh Contributor Contributor

In the comfort of my stubborn little mind.
    Well i'm dead then haha.

4. Ashleigh

Ashleigh Contributor Contributor

In the comfort of my stubborn little mind.
    Rei, I'm entitled to my own opinion on the subject. This does not make me 'hateful' so do not label me as such or this conversation is going to get ugly very fast.
    I'm not some uneducated crettin - I know the facts of health and society, I do study you know.

The point that i'm making is that you people are wasting your time and forum space on CONSTANTLY bringing up the same subject. Sitting here whingeing about people being overweight isn't going to solve any issues what so ever.
    Also, dont send out MORE facts to try to contradict me - I made it clear in my response that I dont find those impressive - they're over used, and frankly worthless when it comes to an individuals opinion.

No, i'm not saying that obesity should be ignored and not solved - I'm saying leave that to the proffessionals and stop making petty argumentative threads about it on what is supposed to be a forum dedicated to writing.

Also - i'm pretty sure you just compared my attitude to that of an abuser, considering that you believe me to be ignorant in the way that abusive parents are. That's disgusting. Dont do it.

I've made my point clear - but dont worry, this thread most certainly will be closed :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.