1. Electralight

Electralight Member

Co-Writing

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by Electralight, Jan 20, 2016.

I was wondering how common it is to co-write something. Back in sixth grade, when I first started getting into writing, I would co-write stories with my friends. At first we would brainstorm together, and write together. Then we decided we would do "you write a chapter, I write a chapter". It was really fun, even though we didn't get that far, but I was wondering how many other people have tried this (or something like this) and what your thoughts were on it.

2. kateamedeo

kateamedeo Active Member

I've never done co-writing with anyone. I guess that if you find a person with the same 'writing tastes' you can write a book together. I would like to know how it works, too :)

I remember me and my best friend used to write song lyrics together. Silent Hill was popular then (ah, my youth... how many years have passed since then :D ). We used Akira Yamaoka's music and wrote our own lyrics. That was fun :)

3. Raven484

Raven484 Contributing Member

When I was in the navy in the early 90's, two other shipmates and myself started to write a story. We actually finished 12 chapters, about 150 pages before we stopped. It was great, killed a lot of time while we were sitting in the gulf during desert shield. I wish I had the manuscript now, I would try and finish it.
    We outlined the entire story first, then we each picked up after one of us finished a chapter. Only downside was one of us wrote really slow, and after the gulf we just put it down.
    If I were to do it again, I would set a one or two week limit on how long to write the next chapter.