Coolest weapons you've heard/thought of

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bongo Mongo, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Gallowglass

Gallowglass Contributor Contributor

Just let the bullet bounce. It's harder than it looks in the films, but it's possible ;)

As for cool weapons (and military equipment) that I've thought of:

- A chainmail coat on a metal shield, worn like an apron. It's bulletproof, especially if you wear silk under it.
    - Grenades that roll, and are filled with flammable liquids that don't go out, so they leave a burning trail.
    - A claymore sword with a hook at the end of the hilt
    - A plank with a nail in it

;)

2. So Past a Dub

So Past a Dub New Member

These are the weapons of your nightmares

Weapons research is something I find interesting. The lines between what is on the drawing boards and science fiction are becoming closer and closer. Here are a few things that I've read in fiction stories over the years that are now either deployable or under development:

*Electric bullets that deliver 50,000 volt knock down stuns
    *Portable ultra-high pressure water cutters that can cut a car in half in seconds, up to 50 feet away.
    *Ultra-strong nanowire that is smaller in diameter than a human hair and can easily amputate any part of your body in seconds.
    *ultra-pure water can be super cooled to about -70 below zero and if you threw a glass of it at someone, it would likely kill them instantly.
    *Explosive driven high flux charge devices can power a radar pulse so powerful that it would give you enough radiation in 1/10,000 of a second to kill you. The whole thing would fit inside an attache case.

I'm sure this is just the tip of the iceberg in what type of research is being done.