Did Aliens Build the Pyramids?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bluemouth, Jan 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. PrincessGarnet

PrincessGarnet New Member

while i am no expert on the universe or ancient egypt. I do know that the egyptians did know a lot more than people would assume, like they knew the world was round and I am sure that they did actually know pi - although someone feel free to correct me on that last one. I think its human nature to assume people in the past were very ignorant compared to us. Also the theory that because similar drawings have appeared in different cultures i don't think proves anything, as there are tales of fairies and giants etc in a lot of cultures it doesn't mean they existed. But there are some interesting points there.

2. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Don't worry Dom I already got it.

I've been looking over the first link you listed Bluemouth and I think the guy who made it needs to look up his history.

1. The Egyptians had calculated Pi past the fourth decimal by the 20th century BC (Not the 6th). See Rhind Mathmatical Papyrus. I'll look for a link. EDIT: History of Pi This is just one papyrus. The history could go back way furthur without us even knowing it.

2. The Egyptians were skilled in astronomy. They probably knew the length of the year and would know the times of the soltices. Moreso its pretty easy to built a pyrimid to have a sun rise between them, if that is indeed what they were doing. They also would know the axis of the earth which would line up with the magnetic north pole (I'm not sure about this one, magnetics arn't somethig I know to a great deal.).

3. Th Egyptians would have know the Nile Delta well so to say they couldn't build the Pyrimid so that all the Delta could be included in those lines is silly.

4. Egypt is in the dead center of the world, as is the base of the nile delta so if the Egyptians built the Great Pyrimids there of course it would be a coincidince.

5. With the Egyptians as skilled in astronomy as they were I wouldn't be surprised if they calculated the distance to the sun. We may never know since such records would be on papyrus which would easily degrade if left untended which would easily explain why there are no records of the pyrimids construction. Even if they didn't calculate it, this could easily be a coincidence as no matter waht height the pyrimid is it has to be a certain ratio of the distance to the sun.

I'm not attacking you or anything I just hate misappropriate uses of history.

3. MarcG

MarcG New Member

The picture isn't a figure, if you look closely. The different shades of rock give the effect - I'll up the contrast to show you what I see. :p

The second figure is a part of the rock the "figure" rock is on top of. If you look at the picture that isn't so zoomed in, it's more obvious.

It isn't very clear because of how zoomed in it is, but if you look closely you can see the edge of the brighter side of the rock that ends up blurring into the background. I made it darker so it would be easier to see.

[​IMG]

4. Bluemouth

Bluemouth Contributor Contributor

Too lazy for quoting so I'll reply to everyone in a mix and match fashion.

Very good assessment, Dom. I'm grateful you went through it with a fine-tooth comb. Understandably I made a number of errors. I based that article on about 10 different sources I've read over time so there were bound to be inconsistencies. A couple of things I'd like to argue, though:

I really don't see how it's possible for the Egyptians to have built the Great Pyramid. They simply didn't have the tools for the job, nor the complicated mathematical knowledge to align it so perfectly with the North Pole. This task is too hard for humans today, with our advanced technology, so how did they manage it.

I'd like to also add that I can't see how 100,000 men could consistently work on the project over the supposed 20 years. I'd be surprised if the population managed to be sustainable over time.

While life on a planet further than Pluto is highly unlikely, it can't be ruled out. After all, we haven't actually seen it yet. What if that planet is on the fringe of another galaxy? Within that galaxy could be our visitors?

The Incan airstrips have been well-argued that it was an agricultural practice, which I don't deny.

I don't think the people of the past were stupid, but I strongly doubt their capabilities to build natural wonders.

I've read a number of books that all say pi wasn't discovered until the 5th or 6th century. Who knows, maybe they're wrong, maybe I am. The Egyptians may have been skilled in astronomy, but there's no way they built the pyramids without a little help. loh, that site has a lot poor information, thanks for correcting some of it. And the face still looks like a face, even up close. :p

MarcG, all is see is a figure, although what I'll term 'the dress crinkling' gives it a rocky appearance. I can't really understand what you're saying though. Can you throw in a couple of red circles as indicators to help me? The thing that annoys me is why it has to look so human-like. What is wrong with that planet!?

5. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

I've been surfing around the internet looking up this subject (I've taken it on as my random topic to learn today. Yestarday it was the Vikings.).

I found this one site that seems to give the opposite view. The author has some interesting explainations for the human built view as well as an answer for the compass thing.

Provided by: Link

I've been trying to look for a more reputable site with the alien perspective but haven't found one that goes into good detail (Wikipedia doesn't even ahve an article about it, go figure? They usually got everything). I'll keep looking (Yes I am obssessed... for knowledge!).

Links for those interested in learning more:

Wikipedia: Construction Theories (The alien view is somehow absent)

Wikipedia: Giza Pyramids Alternative Theory This one has some interesting stuff, even suggesting the pyramids were built by humans, but by a long gone and ancient civilization that predates the Egyptians. They even have one that says the Hebrews did it or that it was christian revelation.

I'll keep looking for good pro-alien view sites as soon as I find one I'll post it.

EDIT: It took me awhile but I think I found one that has the pro-alien built view.

Ancient Egyptian Culture (Best part? They mention Stargate!)

Man this is hard. All the places that actually reference this theory are in forums and their talking about books not websites. The above is the best I can find and tis not that detailed (but I've read it over and found no glaring historical errors, none of the kind that aren't debatable).

6. Bluemouth

I should add some of my stuff to Wikipedia, for the sake of it.

And keep posting up what you find, I'll certainly read it.

7. MarcG

MarcG New Member

Pi was discovered by the Greeks if I remember right. And it isn't all that hard to figure out, as it's derived logically and can be done with fractions. I forget the specifics, but there is a wikipedia page explaining it, no doubt.

According to the wikipedia page the Egyptians had a rough idea of pi, which was close to 3.16, and this was well before the greek Archimedes went thoroughly into the process of deriving the true value (at least, the way to get an approximation).

[​IMG]

If you look at it in that picture, it's alot more obvious that it's just the rock. (what people assume is the 2nd figure)

Due to the fuzziness of the "zoomed" shot, it's evidently hard to show that the 'figure' is a rock. All I can say is to look at how there is a 2nd edge (although not very distinct) on the right side of it. It might also help to look at all of the other rocks on the upper part of the picture, as they have the same effect - one side blends into the sandy surface, while the other is very dark.

8. Montag

Montag New Member

As lord of hats pointed out, you conveniently forgot the hi-res MGS images taken a few years back. Those show that it looks nothing like a face when it is not in shadow.

The pyramids are five-sided and far from symetrical. I'd have expected more from an advanced civilisation. Why would they build five-sided structures on mars, then switch to four-sided ones on earth?

The egyptian pyramids are not all made of carefully carved, multi-toinne blocks. The outer layers are, but inside that is just rubble carted from the quarries. Rubble which takes no special effort to move, just a donkey or a strong person.

Also, rocks weighing many tonnes can be moved easily by a single person. No, I'm not kidding. Place a small round stone under the center of a cube will allow you to balance it, and spin it by hand. Place two stones under the block, a few inches apart, and you can spin it from one to the other, shifting it a few inches laterally.

Furthermore, you can make a track composed of semicircular bumps made of hardened clay or wood. If you apply the correct mathematics, you can make a multi-tonne cube roll on these tracks just like a wheel rolls on tarmac, and move it all by yourself.

Don't belive me? Here, have a video:
    YouTube - Building Stonehenge - This Man can Move Anything

9. Bluemouth

The second figure is a joke - that's obviously rock. But although you made a reasonable argument with the 'alien', I'm still not fully convinced. There are probably more photos out there, NASA just isn't showing them yet.

The Stonehenge video was intriguing. I'm still not convinced by the pyramids and now I'm going to look into South American mysteries.

10. TheFedoraPirate

TheFedoraPirate New Member

But Montag, someone who isn't a scientist clearly couldn't have such advanced block raising technology...that man was abducted and implanted with knowledge! :D

That's a really cool video...makes me want to try and move something but I'm all out of heavy stone.