Do you find the world boring?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Acglaphotis, Aug 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ChimmyBear

ChimmyBear Writing for the love of it. Contributor

Up untill recently I worked full time and went to college full time in the evenings.

I saw more of the things I mentoned in this thread, during that time than I did while being on vacation. So, I think it is all in what you make time for. :)

I agree with Cog on this one...boredom is largely a choice we make.

2. Nilfiry

Nilfiry Senior Member

^ well what doesn't comes from choice?

The world is neither inherently boring nor exciting. It is all how one views it. It is much like a coin. You can choose to see heads only, tails only, or hold it sideways and see neither.
    ......Unless that coin has two heads or two tails or is round.

3. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

Just when I thought the thread was dead :rolleyes:

That would have been an awesome conclusion to my first post, wouldn't it? :p

4. Aurora_Black

Aurora_Black New Member

That is the most awesome statement iv'e read all day. Bravo!

Sometimes the world will be boring, but thats if you don't go out and try new things. Five dollars/7 franks/ 30 rubles says you won't think the world is boring after parachuting out of an airplane at 10,000 feet in the air.

:)

5. leonorgonecrazy

leonorgonecrazy New Member

Last year my best friend died. I knew her since I was about three years old, we had good times and bad times, and I know I will and I can't ever forget her. I don't want to be overly sentimental or teaching people lessons ( I'm the last person who could do that!), but that girl had dreams, big dreams for herself and the world...she was the most outgoing and lovable person I knew...she always had this smirk on her face, she was so open to everything...she was more than just the average teen( haha I love that one statement somebody wrote too!!) and then she was diagnosed and it started going down...and then one day she was just gone...her death turned my life, i started coming out of my shell, because I don't know when it's going to hit me...I started to realize that the world is more than my room, my computer and my ipod...the world is stuffed with things you can explore and I wish she could see the things I have seen, because I know she would've loved it...everyone has one lfe on this earth and you have no idea what's planned for you, living is so beautiful...just these little moments like feeling rain on your skin or walking barefoot on the beach...I think the world offers us so much, it could never be boring :)

6. Aurora_Black

Aurora_Black New Member

Thats very deep, must've been hard to share this with us but i'm glad you did.

Death can hit anytime, might as well make the most of life.

7. leonorgonecrazy

It was hard! It was one year last week...and I know that she wouldn't want to see me sad or suffer... even if death hits you, it can have somewhat positive affects on you...of course death is not fun and happy, but that's life... and one day everyone is going to die, don't let it affect you too much...let it teach you a lesson...I loved her she was my bestes friend/buddy her memory lives through me... :) I know, I know very corny... but sharing is a good way to let go...

8. Aurora_Black

Aurora_Black New Member

Your a very courageous person though :D

9. leonorgonecrazy

aw...thanks :D