1. Brindy

Brindy Contributing Member Supporter

DRM (Digital Rights Management) on Kindle - Yes or No

Discussion in 'Electronic Publishing' started by Brindy, Jul 19, 2016.

I have read a lot of the threads on book piracy, self-publish versus traditional publish etc. Many of these threads are a couple of years old, if not older, when first started.

So, I have made the decision to self-publish. I have also decided to publish on Kindle. I am not looking for the arguments for or against either of those two. I have a considered opinion and made a personal choice.

What I would like to hear are current thoughts on DRM. The digital market has moved on significantly in recent years and views held now may be very different to those held a couple of years ago, plus there is more experience in the world of self-publishing, which may be very relevant anyone moving into the self-publishing market.

So, any opinions and advice would be really helpful.

2. BayView

BayView Contributing Member Contributor

I don't use it. It doesn't seem to stop anyone who wants to pirate, and it does seem to annoy legitimate purchases who are trying to put the book on a different device or otherwise use what they've paid for.

Brindy likes this.
  3. Brindy

Brindy Contributing Member Supporter

Thank you, that is also where I feel I want to go, no DRM, but before I do I wondered what others thought.

My view is that as a first novel, I'm happy if anyone reads it. If they like it enough to recommend it - all the better.

4. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Supporter Contributor

I don't use it either.

Brindy likes this.