Ferguson

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Daniel, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Garball

Garball Banned Contributor

I'm not not considering them. Has the conversation from the video been proven fake?

2. Jack Asher

Jack Asher Banned Contributor

Well there's your problem, champ.
    [​IMG]
    It's doesn't look like the bullet hit his frontal at all, and if it did it was right on the suture between the parietals.

This isn't a guy tucking his head down. To get this kind of perspective he would have to bend deeply at the waist. Easy test: Put the top of your head flush with the wall and see how much you have to bend to do that.

According to the report that bullet then exited his eye and entered his collar bone. This would suggest that the shooter was pointing down at his bowed head.

3. Garball

Thanks for the pic, champ.

Looking at that now supports my picture of running through a cornfield.

4. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

How do you figure?

5. GingerCoffee

What is it on that video you think contradicts the other witnesses?

It is stated Brown turned and was coming back toward Wilson. We know that. It doesn't say any version of "bull rushing". I didn't hear "running toward". Did I miss that?

There's no mention of hands up surrendering. But the witnesses were also further away than the three closer witnesses.

6. GingerCoffee

The dishonesty on the Blogosphere/Twitterverse is getting crazy.

Earlier a fake FaceBook page of the police chief's wife posting racist comments was spread around. Turned out to be completely fake.

Now there's a claim Wilson had a blowout orbital fracture. The right wingers are eating it up.

It's possible but I'm going to bet given the source that it turns out to be fake.

And the nebulous half dozen witnesses supporting Wilson's version has now climbed to "police have a dozen witnesses backing Wilson's story."

7. Lea`Brooks

Lea`Brooks Contributor Contributor

I second this. I don't understand how it relates to running through a cornfield.

When I run through a cornfield, my head is down, my chin touching my chest, yes... But in order for a bullet to enter the top of Brown's 6'4 head, he would have had to have been bent over at the waist. And I've never run through a cornfield (I've never run anywhere) with my head bent, chin touching my chest, bent over at the waist...

So I don't really see the connection there, Garball. :confused:

8. Garball

Go run through a corn field and come back and describe how you ran. Or have somebody start firing a paint ball gun at you will you try to rush them.

9. Garball

Was he left-handed?

10. Lea`Brooks

I just described it.. And I've been paint balling. Neither instance did I bend at the waist and run forward, which is what Brown would have to have done to get a wound in the top of his head.

The only time I can see someone tucking their chin to the chest and bending at the waist is to hide or dodge something, or to sit or kneel.. Maybe I haven't watched enough street fights, but I've never seen anyone run like that..

11. Lea`Brooks

I tried to google it, but that's not the kind of information to be released in a case like this.

Why do you ask?

12. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

There is only one way this can turn out at this point, and that is because despite the fact that very few facts have been released, everyone has made up their mind that Brown was gunned down by some out of control cop. Why are we even going through the motions at this point? String up the cop and draw and quarter him in downtown Ferguson. Maybe that will quell the blood thirst of the masses.

13. GingerCoffee

There is more evidence still to be revealed, @Lewdog. So I think your pessimism is premature.

Lea`Brooks likes this.
  14. Garball

Like bullets?

The reason I asked if he was left-handed is because all of the wounds were on the right side of his body. I am sorry that some people can't imagine running and shielding your face, but when you do, it is most likely that your jabbing or defensive hand will be held out front and your torso will be twisted to make the target area smaller (this is reflexive in a lot of people). Usually your strong hand will be held in reserve and on the opposite side of your body from your attacker (if you are planning on attacking).

15. yagr

yagr Senior Member

Actually, not like bullets. Your analysis is correct, and insightful for non-lethal attacks. In lethal attacks, typically one's dominant side is protected. If one is right dominant for instance, one has a better chance of stopping an incoming fist with one's right hand. Since one has more or less zero chance of stopping a bullet with their hands (or a rushing shark attack or...) people instinctively protect their dominant side in, the theory goes, hopes of a future counter-attack.

(https://www.writingforums.org/threads/amanda-knox.130406/page-4#post-1193496 post #99)

16. Garball

Right. If he is left handed, it makes since for all of the injuries to be on his right.

17. GingerCoffee

I'm still confused what it is people are hearing on that post shooting tape that supposedly contradicts the other witnesses. As for the video being right away as if the timing gave more credence to the casual discussion of what people saw, all three of the witnesses who have said they saw what happened up close also gave their stories right after the shooting.

18. Garball

That's what makes them stories.

ETA. Sorry. Walking back to work and hit send. If indeed, the people on the phone did not realize they were being recorded, I believe that account to be without bias

19. GingerCoffee

You still haven't answered the question I asked. What is said on that recording that contradicts the other witnesses?

I know a lot of people think there are witnesses to the altercation between Brown and Wilson. But that's not denied.

On the tape some witnesses say Brown turned around and was coming back toward Wilson.

That's not denied either.

Does anyone on that tape say anything suggesting Brown turned and was charging/attacking/taunting/or anything else like that?

As for it being spontaneous, while that may be valid what we don't know is who saw what, how clearly, from how far away, was anything obstructing the view, could they hear the exchange, and did they see it themselves or are they repeating what someone else said?

Listen to the chatter. They think the man that approaches the body is Brown's father. Turns out it was his uncle trying to confirm if it was his nephew because people thought it was but they weren't sure. There are other comments that are rather casually repeating what people heard. Not everything said on the tape is a direct eye witness clear view account.

On the other hand, all I heard said is the report Brown was coming back toward the cop. The speaker does not say Brown's arms were up. That doesn't mean they weren't.

That's why I'm asking, what is on the tape that contradicts the three witnesses?

20. Garball

So, he stopped running, turned around, and bowed showing that the match was over. Unfortunately, Mr Brown did not keep eye contact while bowing to his opponent and showed him the top oh his head instead. This act of insolence angered Wilson to such a degree, as it was an insult to him and his school of training, Wilson decided to shoot the top of Brown's head.

There is evidence from the autopsy that this could have happened.

There is also the candid recording of somebody saying, "The police kept dumpin on him, and I’m thinking the police kept missing – he like – be like – but he kept coming toward him," which is the normal reaction to having a gun fired at you.

21. Jack Asher

Jack Asher Banned Contributor

You have to remember the target bias of the officer too. While it's normal to have a left side bias (which comes from pulling the trigger with your right hand), the officer could be compensating, and shooting to the right of his intended target. Or the officer could be left handed*.

This is corroborated by that fact that police are not trained to shoot to wound in any way. The officer who was firing was only targeting vital areas of Michael Brown's body.

*Does anyone know if an officer is trained only to shoot with his right hand for some reason?

22. Lewdog

You know that 'friend' that was with Brown (Alex Renteria?) when he was shot and later gave his firsthand account of what happened? Well he had pictures on his Facebook account of Brown posing for the camera with a gun, money, and liquor. It's now been taken down, but I saw it after it was linked to me through a friend on my Facebook list. It shows Brown and the friend can be seen in the background.

23. Garball

The one with the guy holding money in his mouth? I don't think that was Michael Brown...:confused:

24. Lewdog

Yeah I'm pretty sure that is Mike Brown and that is his friend in the background.

25. Garball

The interwebs has that pic as Joda Cain