Feyfalken Discussion

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by AnonyMouse, May 6, 2014.

1. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

Full Name: Tessa Naaru

Gender/Age: Female aged 26

Job: Pilot/Helmswoman

Appearance: Tessa is about 5’8’’ with a slender frame and rounded shoulders. Despite her history she holds her head high, proud of herself as a pilot and person. On top of that head is shoulder length brown hair tied back in a ponytail and a face of underrated beauty. Her skin was once pale, but now tanned from the long days in the sun, and if she were ever to go back to the service her attire would be the standard grey trousers, black boots and grey jacket, but with a black shirt and no necktie, in memory of the Infinitum.

Personality: Tessa is a bubbly character full of energy and youthful enthusiasm, which is surprising given her history. Tessa has a positive outlook on life and a piss in the wind kind of attitude, though at times she can be snarky and sarcastic. Nothing tends to faze her – though her recent past has made her less of a rock – and she doesn’t shy away from a challenge. She’s a daredevil, always pushing herself to the limit and trying to break the impossible.

Background: Warning! Tessa's background is rather long so I put it in a spoiler so you don't have to read it if you don't want to :)
    When Tessa was young all she ever dreamed about was being a pilot; from the first moment she set eyes on an airship all she could think about was soaring through the air and dancing in the sky. That dream possessed her with a devil may care attitude – always smiling in the face of danger and pushing herself until the adrenaline made her fingers numb and her heart come close to stopping. This ambition and bravery (some would call it stupidity) created a potent combination for Tessa and where many would see the point of no return, she would continue through and arrive on the other side. Sometimes safely, most times within a whisker of her life.

It made her difficult to handle. Her parents couldn’t. Margery and Atlas loved their daughter with all their heart, but her adrenaline rush caused them more than a few heart attacks. So, with regret, they enrolled her in the Aeternian Royal Air Navy early in a cadet program and shipped her off to academy school. It was a compromise and Tessa got the chance of a lifetime, but the tears she wept would not be forgotten easily.

The fact that her instructors were so strict made it worse. Their hearts had no remorse for they had seen it all before, another child out of thousands crying about their family. But Tessa was different and would not be bent by their will. She acted out, broke curfew, pulled pranks – one time she even stole a wingsuit and jumped off the twelve storey roof, cheered on by her peers and breaking her arm in the process. Mind you, she’s a lot better now.

The instructors couldn’t handle her either and in their meetings they decided it would be best that she left the academy. All but one voted in agreement. The Commander of the school, Lord Admiral Barnaby Redford, felt that the girl should be given one more chance and proposed a solution. The very next day Tessa was invited aboard one of the training airships with the Lord Admiral himself and given the helm. In this moment the dream was a reality and every second was met with a smile so wide that it reached both sides of the bridge. Of course Redford could only smile himself – the kid was a natural.

However there was a price. Redford told Tessa that she would not be allowed to pilot one again, not until she had corrected her ways and come of age. Suffice to say Tessa was straight as an arrow from then on. She finished her training top of the class and was recommended by every instructor at the academy. They wrote to Dorian Cromwell, soon to be the new Captain of the Infinitum, and pledged that he would be a fool not to have her as pilot.

He accepted and she was made helmswoman, and six days later the unspeakable happened. Tragedy, the papers had said. Tessa had sat in her chair doing everything in her power to save the airship. She kept the Infinitum in the sky for as long as possible, allowing as many crewmen as possible to get to escape parachutes and wingsuits. However, when over three hundred people die there’s always an inquest. And there’s always a scapegoat.

Negligence. Inexperience. A history of recklessness. She survived and was pulled from the wreckage, only to have the journalists hound her and her peers punish her. “It may have been a boiler malfunction but you should have acted sooner, raised the alarm quicker, done all you could to prevent this…” She tried to fight it but she was court martialled, humiliated and blamed for the deaths of hundreds. Eventually Tessa disappeared from existence to all be a trusted few.

Now though she writes Dorian from time to time, discussing her travels in the southern jungles of Aeternia. He always knew the truth. Currently she transports cargo from village to village on her own one man air float, The Phoenix, taking food and fuel for payment. She says she misses her family and hopes they are well.

Skills: Tessa is deathly accurate with a rifle, but since the incident she hasn’t touched anything to do with the Military. She is fantastic in the air with a wingsuit as well and has her very own yellow and black one.

Misc: Her time in the jungle has left her as somewhat an expert with all things fauna. She’ll either be on the bridge, in her room or in the hydroponic greenhouse.

Love to Write likes this.
  2. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

@AnonyMouse I hope you don't mind that I took some liberties with the contents of the library.

3. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

No problem at all. I was hoping you would. The library in your post pretty much sounds exactly like I imagined it would. :D

4. Fan7asticMrFox

Something tells me Integra is slowly regretting her decision to be a part of this adventure haha!

5. AnonyMouse

Slowly? LOL, I think the regret came all at once, like a tidal wave or a punch in the face. :p

6. AnonyMouse

Christophe might have some company shortly. Bwahahaha!! :p

7. Thomas Kitchen

Thomas Kitchen Proofreader in the Making Contributor

So it begins, @Mike Nemesis. Hehehe.
    [​IMG]

8. Mike Nemesis

Mike Nemesis Active Member

Good stuff I was planning on getting him out to meet people and then when I started writing decided I'd created to much of a time difference and then hadn't left him in the best state to go wandering out like he intended. Don't think my guy is quite room mate material right now. Should be interesting.

9. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Bah you guys have no idea how painful this is right now -and i have to get ready for graduation and college too.

But i cannot deny this character....*frustrated growl* okay you guys are going to see something new, considering that this guy was an albino dragon. (dw i know he has to be human though lol)

10. BrandonrockstheAM

BrandonrockstheAM Active Member

Full Name: Morgan Lennan Lieberman

Gender/Age: Male, 34 years old.

Job: Cook

Appearance: Morgan is large, in both height and width, and has a strong, near-rectangular face. His nose is large and is known to cast a shadow over his upper lip. His smile is huge and his teeth are always at least a little yellow. Normally he never bothers to wear anything but his white shirt and grey slacks underneath his apron, but on formal occasions he wears a purple suit, with black pants and a white and pink-striped tie.

Personality: He's been described as a big teddy-bear to people who meet him. He's caring, supportive, sensitive, and very intelligent. He loves to hug anything and anyone that he finds cute. He's dealt with being sterile, two failed relationships, and having a mother who died of lung cancer early in her life, and he will want to tear anyone apart if they bring up anything negative about his past.

Background: Living in the capital, he worked in an expensive restaurant alongside his father, who worked as a professional cook, and his mother as a factory worker. His father's mottos were always, "The customer comes first" and "love unconditionally." He grew up serving the rich, and living in a family that loved him.

When his mother died of lung cancer, supposedly caused by continuous chemical inhalation, his father tells him why his mother even had the job. She was getting paid by the company to be a test subject with various gases and substances that could possibly be used as weapons. His father said that he guessed they had found a killer. The experimental chemical company paid the family a huge amount to keep quiet, and the government offered Morgan a job aboard the next ship they could allow him on, saying it would be an adventure. He accepted, and 2 years later, he found himself standing on the Feyfalken.

Skills: Morgan is an excellent cook, and is very physically powerful. He also easily makes friends, despite being an introvert, because of his personality. He is also very educated, and is quite intelligent.

Misc: He is a natural hugger, and will often greet people with hugs when first meeting them, instead of shaking their hand. He cares little who it is; he's done it with wealthy men and women countless times. Despite being awkward the first time, its creates a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere at the restaurant he works at.

11. AnonyMouse

Two great collaborative posts are now up. :)

Sorry for sort of giving your character a quick sendoff @BrandonrockstheAM, but I've been trying to get these two posts out for days and just couldn't find an open window, so I had to make one. I apologize if it was a little heavy-handed.

Anyhow, we'll probably be moving on sometime in the coming week. Everyone's aboard, I'm waiting for one more person to finalize her character sheet (I'm looking at you @Keitsumah ). After that, we'll be shoving off. :)

12. Keitsumah

Done with the edits, and I hope you know i plan on making Vlad the one guy who Integra likes. :D

leave everyone guessing now lol

13. AnonyMouse

Integra likes everyone... she just doesn't like their blatant disregard for the rules. Hate the sin, not the sinner. :p

And I just PM'd you back. I may have an *ahem* opportunity for your character. It involves the Emperor, a stone, and a possible hostile takeover.

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  14. Keitsumah

Bah this is the most in-depth bio i've ever made. And the blame is on his mother! jeez

speaking of which: i grinned like the cheshire cat the moment you mentioned that.

15. Keitsumah

Full Name: Vladimir "Vlad" Albion

Gender/Age: Male, 21

Job: Defensive Coordinator

Appearance: Vlad is over six feet in height, with a slim, almost feminine build. As an albino, his skin is much paler, almost a porcelain white, and his hair is a stark ivory color, slicked sideways close to his skull. His eyes are also a faint pink, turning red around the pupils. On first sighting, people usually do a double-take as he does hint at looking like a vampire from old myths. However, he is not, and detests anyone who asks about his appearance. Vlad's typical attire consists of a neat white shirt, white suit-pants instead of the grey crew trousers, and white shoes. The one thing that isn't white on him is a small brooch in the shape and color of a robin's egg pinned to the right side of his chest.

Personality: Vlad behaves cold and aloof to many people, and seems to take pleasure in intimidating others. He is also prideful of his skills to a fault. However, he is not unkind, and if you "get under his skin" he can prove to be a loyal friend.

Background:

Vladimir Albion is the son of a noble family thought to have ties with the Arcanians. Born and raised in a house closer to the borders than most would deem safe, the child was kept hidden away in dark, metallic halls full of maps and blueprints. His father, considered a scientific genius, invented many specialized bombs and aircraft. His mother, however, was the one that brought the rumors, and no one really knew how close to the truth they really were.

Born and raised in Arcania, Evelynn joined up with the military to become a minor pilot, expecting to protect her nation as best she could. However, in training she proved one of the best in deception and subterfuge, so she ended up becoming a spy instead.

After five years during one of the more risky missions, she managed to steal several rare artifacts from the Vault of Aeternia. A feat that has only been attempted two times before, often always ending in death.

And in death it did end -at least for her team. Evelynn escaped alive, and unseen thanks to her careful disguises, but she lost all but one of the relics.

However, trying to return home was night impossible. Evelynn could not get across the border, no matter what disguise she tried. Eventually, she was exhausted and forced to hide while she recuperated, trying to come up with another plan.

It was in this state that Kirk Albion, then a young engineer, found her in the streets. Not once did it occur to the man that she was an enemy, and she kept her albino complexion hidden beneath a mask of dirt and grime to keep her from standing out. To her alarm, though, he insisted that he help her out and clean her up, and she could not come up with any excuses that would put him off. Lo and behold, she ended up being found out, but not as an Arcanian. Instead, the servants marveled at her snow-white complexion. When the nervous and panicky Evelynn was brought before Kirk again, he immediately proposed. Call it ridiculous, but at the time, Kirk was a foolish young man after anything rare and unseen, yet untested for his skills in ship-design.

But the man was kind to Evelynn, and never actually forced her to stay. He realized the next day how sudden the proposal had been and apologized, but promptly started to court her. Stuck in a foreign land and unable to return home, she decided to take advantage of what he offered while she regained enough energy to head back to the border again.

Somewhere along the line, though, Evelynn fell in love with him. And after three years or more being stuck in Aeternia, she figured life would not be so hard so long as she kept her past secret. And it was. Later on at least.

However, after Vlad was born, the drive to prepare him for any situation made the woman act much more rashly than she should have. Evelynn feared for his life as a "half-breed" and knew that if she was found out, he would be too.

However, Kirk saw how his wife fretted over their son, always worrying about attack. Thus, in his own attempt to assure her, Kirk enlisted Vlad in multiple military schools. The boy learned the art of sword fighting quickly and well. And at the age of sixteen, he was at the top of his class.

Then, his mother fell ill, and Vladimir left the school. Not once had Evelynn seen a doctor, and she refused to see one even then in her death bed. It was her fear of being discovered that eventually led to her demise, but in the end, she gave Vlad the one relic she had managed to steal -a blue stone shaped like a bird's egg.

Vladimir returned to school a year after his mother's death, no longer quite the friendly child he had been. Instead, he was cold and distant, angry at his father for not ignoring his mother's wishes. The two grew further and further apart, Vladimir throwing himself into his studies and ignoring everyone else, while his father continued to create more and more ships for war as the Arcanians' method of battle grew still more skillful.

Vladimir was eventually went to college at the age of eighteen to learn how to defend Aeternia. He proved skillful at tactical maneuvers and was able to block most practice attacks. His cold and aloof manner did not make him popular among those he commanded in practice, but he got the job done with less and less "casualties" each time. Thus, at the age of twenty-one, he graduated the Military College and plans to put himself to the ultimate test and prove himself by taking his first assignment on the Feyfalken and making sure the ship gets to its destination and back safely. Though he will not tell anyone, he hopes that what they may find will eventually lead to peace.

Skills: Skilled in defensive strategy and can anticipate and judge threats well. He also has a practiced hand in sword-play, and prefers long-range weaponry over short.

Misc: He keeps a rapier at his hip, but there are also two daggers hidden beneath his shirt, strapped to his sides.

16. AnonyMouse

Dear players,

I'm currently working on a collab post with Keitsumah to intro her character. After that, I'll probably do a post that moves us on.... waaaaay on. I'm talking about a time jump that moves us a month or more forward and hundreds of miles.

So, if you have anything left to say or do with your characters before takeoff, speak now. I'm willing to delay if there's anything more you'd like to add. If not, the Sands await and we'll be deep into the unknown by Wednesday morning.

Thank you, have a nice day. :)

17. Simpson17866

Simpson17866 Contributor Contributor

@AnonyMouse Unless somebody else feels their guy needs to interact with Gaspar about something, I'm pretty sure I'm good.

@Keitsumah Was any of that my influence, perchance? :rolleyes:

18. Keitsumah

I really don't know this is the first time I've ever played this kind of character -and its become clear already that I'm going to be interacting/collaborating with @AnonyMouse to get the right information so i don't make any mistakes.

19. Fan7asticMrFox

Yep I am happy to move on!

20. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

I concur. Host the sails!
    Trixy: And let the card games begin. I will be hosting them every week!

21. AnonyMouse

I've moved us on. It's not the big time jump I promised (that comes tomorrow) but we're now airborne. Write your character's responses. I'll start working on the start of Act 2, so it'll be ready to go first thing tomorrow.

Main reason I'm not posting it now is because I gotta go to work this evening (can't access a computer there, other than peeking at my phone from time to time) and I really don't want to do such a huge move and then disappear for hours. But I have tomorrow off, so... yeah... RP all day!

Pheonix likes this.
  22. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

That was awesome. :D

Love to Write and Simpson17866 like this.
  23. Simpson17866

Simpson17866 Contributor Contributor

Yes it was ;)

24. Keitsumah

What makes it ironic was that Vlad was calm.

25. Mike Nemesis

Mike Nemesis Active Member

I was hanging around in my room for my room mate but decided I wanted to be out for the big take off, still failed to interact with anyone. Lets hope next month my character has made a couple of friends although the current choice of threatening to throw people off the airship is probably not the best way to go about it!