For the King (fantasy rp)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Darkthought, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

Drake smirked at the out burst, particuarly elf girl. "That it is, but I can throw most men much further than i trust them." He joked and slapped the table. It was his turn to make some comment and to hopefully end this silly argument. "But in the end we are not here to work for the High lord of slime, my letter was from the king and i intend to meet him before i start throwing out the kingdoms fate. If i take this mission i will return victorius, that is not in question, what is in question is weather the kingdom is worth it and that depends on the king. I don't belive any of you have meet him yet? Well then lets give him his chance." With that he drained his drink and signaled for another.

2. Salinye

Salinye New Member

Senora’s fingers were still clenched tightly around the hilt of her mace as the elven girl laughed and remarked about it not being human to trust in the first place. She still had not taken her eyes off of Shao’Tio. As an empath, she knew that people rarely reflected on the outside how they were truly feeling on the inside. She never trusted people at face value.

Her grip on her weapon slacked a bit as he relinquished his bow back to the confines of his cloak and attempted to speak with a guest who was slumped down in his chair apparently asleep. Laughter took her attention away from Tao as another man at the table threw in his two cents about trust and working for the king. One did not need to be an empath to feel the tension between these would-be companions. She slid back into a more casual sitting position as she realized she was sitting on the edge of her chair, the trained fighter in her ready to take action. She shifted her gaze exploring the faces of the people she sat with and noticed no shortage of alcohol being served.

This is going to be a long night.

(Edited post to reflect Chad's post as we posted at the same time. How many times can I say the word post in one sentence?:0))

3. Chickidy

Chickidy New Member

Where is the old man anyway? It is not polite to be late, especially for a few guests of our importance, this disrespect best be worth the gold, if not I shall be on my way, each minute I idle here is another caravan passed through Mulesk without me at its side!

Haskeen raised one hand slightly, taking another sip from his glass. "Indeed I should like to see the great king of Galbadan, has his majesties punctuality been hampered so much by the wisdom of age? I should hope not, lest the call of the Merchant Kings be too great for me to resist, lucrative business is not so hard to come across in these times. Perhaps a stipend to prove that ours is not wasted here, though the company and service has been exceptional the waiting has done a number on my confidence in the king." Haskeen's words were slightly slurred, the wine relaxing him, this was his third glass and he had eaten hardly a bite. Thinking on it for a moment, the desert man reached for a leg of chicken on the table, beginning to eat from it in a dignified manner over his plate, awaiting an explanation from the Dragonknight.

4. Darkthought

Darkthought Active Member

The King of Galbadan

The heroes were beginning to grow impatient. Ramonis could hear them beginning to quarrel with each other in their impatience. He supposed he had kept them waiting long enough. Those who were going to arrive had already come. Now was the time to ease their wait. Quietly, of a latch.

Ramonis' first sight was that of his magister Shao'Tio and his loyal knight Rae'non rising from their seats. The maid jumped up and rushed over to help her king to his place at the head of the table. After ambling over and being seated he asked Rae and Shao'Tio to be seated. Old age and illness had truly taken its toll on the man.

For the next few moments, he silently surveyed his gathered guests. Among them were a winged girl with a bow and a pretty face, a rugged looking man who appeared half asleep, a man whose ear was pierced with a dragon's fang and strange strange eyes, a thievish looking man the King of Galbadan entered the room with little more than the clicking with a rusty looking sword, a proud looking Heckling Elf with fierce looking weapons, a large man with an even larger sword, a strange looking man with a large furry cloak, a fierce looking man from the southern sands, and a girl who seemed to be doing her best to cover herself with her cloak.

Ramonis' kind, golden hued eyes rested on each of them for a moment before going to the next. He smiled warmly and said at last, “Welcome to Galbadan. I thank all of you for coming to my aid, whether it was for money or fame, all that matters is that you came. May whatever gods you pray to smile on you for it.”

Silence. All eyes were on him. Ramonis imagined that more than a few were probably disappointed with his appearance. He would seem a whithered old man, all bone and sagging skin. He would look tired. Tired as death itself. Yet, he still managed to wear the jewel encrusted crown with authority. His presence was powerful yet calming. All would feel at ease around him.

“Allow me to put the fears and doubts that some of you may have about your reward. The letter was no lie. All of you will have a pick of what you want from my own personal collection of weapons and armors before the journey begins. You will also be given the finest steeds in the land. After you return from your journey, those of you that have survived will have a share of Galbadan's Castle's treasury. I assure you it will be more than enough to support each of you for the rest of your hopefully long lives.”

A few of the heroes shifted uncomfortably at the mention of any of them dying. The king's face grew dark.

“Make no mistakes though. I cannot promise that each of you will live. This quest is a dangerous one to dangerous places. There is a good chance that some of you will not return. Now, before I explain what you will be doing, if any of you do not like the idea of death, leave now.”

Again, some of the shifted around, but none so much as glanced at the door. The king exhaled and gave another one of his heartwarming smiles. “Thank you, brave souls. Now, on to business. I mentioned an artifact in the letters I sent out. It is an ancient jewel of great power called Melchior's Heart. Legends say that it belonged to the Daragkhari. Yet, as I'm sure you all know, all save for one of them were killed during the War of Nations.” The king motioned to Rae. “Daragkhar is far to the north at the foot of the mountains called Melchior's teeth. Since it was destroyed, all manner of foul things have found their ways there. There is a secret cave somewhere in the city. I have a feeling that it will lead to the jewel. I do not know what dangers await you. The journey there will take a couple of weeks. I do not know how long you will be in the fallen city. However, as king, I will do my best to ensure that each of you live to receive your payment. To this end, I am sending my loyal knight Rae'non and my magister Shao'Tio with you on this journey. Rae'non is very skilled as some of you may have heard. I would trust him with my own life and hope you would trust him with yours. He knows the way to Daragkhar. Shao'Tio is a learned man, well versed in many ancient lores. His abilities will greatly aid all of you. Now, any questions?”

5. Chickidy

Chickidy New Member

A share of the treasury? My my my, the old man knows how to make a man's mind dance with imagination. With the vaults of Galbadan emptied into my pockets I shall return to Mulesk, but not as the spear, rather the King!

Haskeen's eyes seemed to flicker with interest as each word left the old king's lips, his wine lay untouched for this speech. No more wine now, such serious matters needed a clear mind, the chicken had managed to combat the alcohol some, and Haskeen wanted no more to be in him. "What a generous offer, dear king, but we are to travel alone? None of Galbadan's soldiers, but simply a band of heroes? I never expected such a powerful man as yourself to have such romantic ideas, you must know that when it comes to such imagery I am a weak man." The mercenary chuckled lightly, his face glowing with a large, teethy grin. "I have but three simple questions, O'grandest king of the north, how much of the treasury are each of us entitled to, when do we select our weaponry from your finest, extensive collection, and when do we leave." The grin never left his face, but his eyes were full of anticipation. If he was to risk his life for this man, he best be ready to pay for it.

6. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

Drake had been through these speils before, but still could not remove the smirk from his face as the king talked of the dangers they would face. The king seemed kind and wise, Drake had no problem putting his life on the line for that kind of man, and certainly would enjoy the challenge if any presented it's self. Drake stayed quiet a moment, looked again at the kings kind, wise eyes. Yes, he'd do. Drake stood while releasing his left hand from his sword hilt, before the sword moved he had his right hand on the hilt and held it up into the air. Luckily the roof was high. "Well said your magisty, I'm prepared to start the jurney as soon as you comand!" He anouned before lowering the sword to the ground and leaning on it.

7. Salinye

Salinye New Member

Senora drank in the King’s presence as he entered the room. His eyes were kind, but they were also tired. She listened intently as he spoke about the mission they were preparing to embark on. It sounded dangerous, but she knew it would be before she ever set foot in his kingdom. While she was in no hurry to die, she also didn’t fear it. She knew this journey she was on would end when Kaelin’Dar willed it to and not a moment sooner.

Senora was very picky about assignments she took. She had to believe in the need for the mission before she could be part of it in good conscience. Therefore she always did her homework. King Ramonis had a good reputation and she believed he did intend to use Melchior’s Heart to better his kingdom and therefore the lives of the people that lived within its boundaries. She did prefer to get a read on someone before committing herself and her services to them. However, she had no control over this ability.

She couldn’t help but clench her teeth a bit at Haskeen as he questioned the king about the reward. It’s not that she didn’t think it fair to expect payment, but he seemed to exude lust for power and wealth. She had an immediate dislike for him and was certain that if she ever had the misfortune of reading him that it would only solidify her distaste. As far as the zealous one with the large sword, or any of the other adventurers, she had yet to form an opinion.

Looking around the room she could only assume that King Ramonis had called on her for her healing abilities. She didn’t know for sure, but it was a possibility that she was the only one among the adventurers in the room with that gift. She treasured the ability as life was sacred to her, but it also carried with it a great burden of responsibility- Especially when she never knew if harm would come from within her own group.

She focused her thoughts back on the king. I wonder if he’ll be requiring my services before we depart. I’ll have to think of a way to offer him healing assistance without insinuating that he is weak. Even kind men often have delicate egos and she understood the importance of looking strong before this group. She still had not spoken and decided to allow the king time to answer the questions that had already been asked before asking her own.

8. Darkthought

"What a generous offer, dear king, but we are to travel alone? None of Galbadan's soldiers, but simply a band of heroes? I never expected such a powerful man as yourself to have such romantic ideas, you must know that when it comes to such imagery I am a weak man."I have but three simple questions, O'grandest king of the north, how much of the treasury are each of us entitled to, when do we select our weaponry from your finest, extensive collection, and when do we leave." The grin never left his face, but his eyes were full of anticipation."

The king gave the man a kind smile and a benevolent nod. "I understand your concer, Spear of Mulesk. I am afraid to say Galbadan doesn't have man soldiers to spare at the moment. You see, when this darkness started, we sent a large number of our forces to stop whatever advancing enemy assailed our towns. Only five returned. Our general was driven insane. What soldiers remain are reduced to policing the city and keeping the mobs out of the Inner City. All of you are all I have left. All the Galbadan has left. As for your other questions, you will all be entitled to as much gold and jewelry as you can carry away on a horse. Tonight, you must all rest. The maids have prepared rooms suited to each of you. In the morning, you will be supplied with whatever weapons and armor you need. After that, you will depart."

9. Salinye

Salinye New Member

“Pardon me, M’lord. I do have one question if I may.”

Senora spoke for the first time, her voice melodic due to her nature. She waited until the king looked at her, his expression patient and attentive. “I am here because I believe that you are a good man and I have a desire to help you. However, the jewel that you seek, Melchior’s Heart, can be very powerful. May I ask who will inherit it upon your passing? I do not mean to disrespect you and I hope your days are still many to come; I just feel it is important to know who else we may be giving such power to.”

10. Klee

Klee New Member

"I have a question about it too." Rune's largely unused voice resounded. "This...Melchior's Heart....what exactly does it do? And how can you be so sure that none of us sitting at this table will try to betray you?"

11. BrinkofDawn

BrinkofDawn New Member

Leon's eyes quickly opened as he sat on the ground and they closed again as he yawned, stretching his arms out before he grabbed the empty wine bottle and slowly stood up.

Leon placed the bottle on the table between the cheery fellow with the large sword and the desert man and took a long look at the king before him, his face expressionless. For long moment there was silence, the king's face matched Leon's as if the two were like statues.

Leon's eyes narrowed and the corner of his right lip twitched as he turned and started to make his way slowly towards the dinning room doors.

12. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

in a little cage in the bowls of Cephalid
    “As, do I,” Ketka muttered shaking her head. She didn’t want the kings money. She wanted men she wanted a way back to her kingdom and she wanted her rightful place at the helm of her people protecting them. She closed her eyes for a moment, reminiscing on her glorious Vox with it’s craggy mountains and clear running streams. What had become of her home and its people.

Another thing that aggravated her, though she lived in the outer city, she was still proud of her heritage, yet no one knew of her. No one cared that she was of royal blood. Tears welled in her eyes, it hurt to think she had become no one. A soft nudging at her hand made her look down, Spere had materialised into the room. The grip on her powers had weakened with emotions. Spere laid his head in her lap his golden fur warming her. At least their was still one loyal to her.

13. Klee

Klee New Member

Rune felt another wolf presence in the room. Had he been in his true form his fur would've bristled and his nose would've have guided him to the source of the newcomer.

It was natural, he supposed. However, it didn't bring him any hostility. Regular wolfs weren't the same as him, as close cousins as they were, same with other wolven species.

'And even if I did sought him out, I've been stripped from my rank. Almost just like that Heckling,' he though to himself. Just the same, Vargr-ulf didn't want to be known and no one wanted to know the Vargr-ulf, and he wasn't resentful enough to turn treacherous.

'Perhaps, I should just keep it a secret...'

14. Time_Froze

Time_Froze New Member

As Shao'Tio heard the king speak of wealth and treasures, he saw most of the guest's eyes light up. This is perhaps why most of them came. It really is all about the money. Riches cannot last forever, a good reputation is far better. What is to be said of fame these days. Has everybody's heart turned to greed and covetousness. I hope not.

Yet as long as they help the king, it matters not what motives they have, regardless if they are wrong. Even I desire riches, though I try to hide it. I have seen the king's treasury with my own eyes. It has plenty for all of us, were we all to survive. Imagine, I could have my own share. With money, I could hire mercenaries to find my parents or at least discover who killed them so I could have my revenge. I could... Enough, money is not why I am here. I am here to save the kingdom of Galbadan. Nothing else matters.

15. Fitz

Fitz New Member

Held looked curiously at the others in the room. They were a mighty peculiar band of people... not all of them what you'd call people, actually. More... beings. Beings, some of them frightening, some of them just queer.
    But what had surprised Held the most was the King himself. He was a very, very impressive man... Held had never seen so much gold, so many decorations on one man. But not only his outfit was staggering, he was a mighty person to behold altogether. He had an aura of power, but he was also charismatic. Held had a sudden feeling that with this man in command, everything was going to be okay. But then again, he didn't knew what 'everything' was.

Held paid close attention to the kings words. He didn't like the fact that they were going to danger, but then again... he'd do anything for the money. Somewhere between the day he got that letter and this day, some moment during his strange presence in the king's dining room, he had made his decision: no matter what, he wasn't going back to being a thief. This was the one and only chance he'd got, and he didn't exactly know how and why he had gotten it, but he felt that this was his fate and that he should grab this opportunity with both hands and hold tight to it. Held was in for the money... but he was in with his life.

16. Chickidy

Chickidy New Member

I am satisfied, as much gold as my pockets can carry, a choice at weaponry in the morning, and departure soon after. Perhaps the king does not know of the skill of a mercenary includes that of packing valuables into the smallest of packs, I shall see to it that my share is healthy indeed. If I am to be able to decide what would be best to bring on this journey, I shall need rest.

Haskeen stood abruptly, his chair making an awful sound as it scraped across the stone floor of the hall. "Your answers to my questions have been most enlightening, oh great king of the north, and I now feel ready to fight under your banner and in your name. As such, I also feel ready to resign to my quarters, if you are satisfied with my presence here in your most grand castle." The king, smiling warmly, nodded his head towards one of the pages, half asleep, behind him. Haskeen returned the smile and headed towards the young boy, in uniform identical to that of the other pages, a red shirt and trousers and a white apron.

Haskeen coughed in an annoyed tone at the lad, though his smile remained. When this did not succeed in breaking the child's slumber, he whispered into his ear. "A kind suggestion, my dear boy, awaken immediately and lead me to my room, lest you be content with living the rest of your life with broken hands, for so if this be true, I shall snap each and every finger off of your weak, minuscule little arms, cook them like little sausages, and see that you eat them. Is that understood?" The boy, his eyes still shut, shuddered slightly as Haskeen's lips moved away from his ear. After a moment, he coughed again, this time the lad nearly flew to life, jumping backwards at the sight of the desert man in front of him. Haskeen smiled, though his eyes were dark, and this seemed to disturb the boy, who could not but studder as he tried to say something. "I-I-I-I-I-I, *cough* *cough*, I-I-I w-w-w-"

"You were just about to lead me to my quarters, am I not correct?" He said as he raised one finger to the frightened boy's lips. One eyebrow of the impatient mercenary rose high on his forehead.

"Y-y-y. *cough*, yes sah, of course sah. I don't know what came over me, milord, please forgive me." The lad quickly motioned for the man before him to follow as he walked off quickly towards one of the doors, in between two of the decorative pillars that rose high on the walls, seeming to attempt to distance himself from his guest. Haskeen bowed deeply to his compatriots, still seated, before following the page off into the castle.

* * * 10 minutes later * * *

"H-h-here you are sah, is there anything else you wish of me?" Said the boy nervously as he held the old studded door open for Haskeen, who stood in the frame, looking at his quarters. A scarlet bed, large enough for four people, a rich cherry dresser, complete with a mirror, a matching round table, with seats for eight, scarlet and gold fringed rugs, and paintings brighting the old stone walls, his own possessions already packed away in the dresser. He looked back to the young man and said, "Why yes indeed, humble page, bring me two bowls of fresh water and some detergent from the apothecary, not soap, I'm not looking to catch any acne." Haskeen thought about it for a moment, and then continued, "Also bring me a pot of coals and a flask of beer to heat my bed and ease my throat. In the morning I expect you to wake me an hour before the king wishes us to be waked, as well as to have brought me a bottle of the north's fine whiskey, for I have not tried the cereal broth here yet. In addition to whiskey, I expect 2 eggs, not cooked, but boiled and chilled, and some ice, to refresh me. Did you get all of that or shall I have to break your legs as well?"

"What?" asked the boy, his eyes shooting open and looking up at the Haskeen.

With a tone of impatience, he said, "Did you get all of that or shall I have to repeat my self once more?"

"N-n-no, of course not milord, you wish two bowls of water and some soap, as well as some coals and beer for your throat and bed. The you said to wake you an hour early in the morning and bring you ice, whiskey and two chilled, boiled eggs. I-is that correct sah?" the young man said uncertainly.

"Actually it was detergent, not soap, animal fat is plague to the skin. Don't forget that, lest I be forced to kill you, you insignificant worm." replied the mercenary, smiling warmly.

"Yes of course detergen-, wait what was that sire?"

"Lest I be plagued by blemishes, you poor, tied boy, now hop to it, the sooner you complete these things for me the sooner you can get to rest." Haskeen walked into his room and threw the door shut, ready to enjoy the king's hospitality thoroughly before the journey that may very well be his last.

17. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

Drake frowned slightly at his new desert comrades behavour. He wasn't sure what had happened but the young boy looked horrified now and was almost shaking. Oh well, it was none of his bussiness, he thought silently and then stood and looked over at the king. "I too should be headed off to bed, so that i will be ready to go in the morning." He said and when the king nodded he bowed clumsily and headed over to a page, this one seemed a bit scared of him, obvoisely after observing the other page's reaction.

"I'll lead you right to your room sir." He said hastily and i smiled kindly and put one of my massive hands on his small head ruffling his short brown hair.

"No need for such formalities, the names Drake." Drake said to him and moved my hand back and he smiled up at me. "Ok now on to the room so that you can get to bed quickly." With that he followed the boy out of the great hall and too his room, entertaining the boy with war stories and fish tales the entire way.

Once their Drake walked in and flopped down on the huge bed and looked over at the small Page. "Could you do me a favor and wake me eairly, I'd like to get a head start on the others if possible."

"Of course Drake." The boy said happily and then hurried on his way. Drake sat up tiredly and peeled off his armor and clothes. Then he laid back down on the bed, sword gripped firmly in his right hand and drifted off into a light sleep that was earned through years of watching his own back.

18. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

Ketka rose, her desire for an answer pushed to one side. She watched as the desert man whispered something to a Page then turned to leave. Whatever they did was at their own discretion and no concern of hers. She could here another page on his feet following her. He was lagging behind, Ketka could feel his apprehension. She could feel Spere’s breath on the back of her calves. She stopped and turned to the page, then beckoned him over with a wave of her hand.

“Come little one.” He cautiously stepped over to her, Ketka stooped to his level taking his small wrist in his her hand.

“You need not fear the wolven lord.” she said placing the boys hand on Spere’s glossy coat. The boy licked his lips nervously. His eyes locked onto her own and she nodded her head. “Fear not,” she coaxed. Gave Spere a shivering pat then another with a more certain hand. Then finally gave him a lavish rub down. Ketka smiled and folded her arms.

“See, as well as he knows the mistress likes you, then he will like you too.” The boy stood up with a sigh. Then began to walk again. Spere kept in step with the boy and now Ketka was the one lagging behind. She had no qualms with the servants and other staff of the royal palace. With them she couldn’t find it in her heart to be bitter. She was certain they’d have family in the outer city. The page lead her to the quarters she had been designated inside several maids were waiting with wash clothes buckets of steaming water and whale bone combs. The page waved her farewell and she sighed closing the door. Spere seemed to evaporate into the shadows. She would sing him back later and scorn him for abandoning her when she was about to be tortured.

The bath water drawn, Ketka was peeled out of the tattered rags that had clung to her body. The mud caked tatters were discarded on the floor and she slipped into the warm waters. She soaked in the bath as a maid began the tedious task of washing her hair and combing free the large snarls and mats in it. Several times the maid had wailed that perhaps Ketka should simply allow her to cut it all off. Eventually she had succeeded in brushing the mess back to its former glory. After being bathed she had the maids leave allowing her to dress alone. The armour they had left her, was of another race of elves. She cringed at the knowledge they had of her people. There was no tunic for beneath the plates, so she bound her chest with white clothe then Strapped the chest plate to her.

As a rule she generally didn’t like to wear plate armour it tended to restrict movement. While she had the muscle to carry it she felt more free within chain mail. The plate was embossed in ferns and dragon lilies. She ran her hands across the patterns before adding the mantle. Silver trimmed in red metal. It shone well, freshly polished. The skirt at least was red the colour the Hecklings most liked to wear. Two layers of blood coloured silk with splits at each side that came level with her thighs. To help with movement due to the large silver boots that were worn beneath it. She strapped on the bracers and struggled with the boots before retrieving a small pouch from the pockets of the dress she had been wearing. Two green stones a black feather and some dirt. She braided a small section of her hair then rubbed the dirt of the outer city within it, before fastening the beads and feather. A promise braid to friend. To remind her she promised to return. Now dressed she looked at herself in the mirror opposite of the old oak bed. Ketka hoped now she had the face of one worthy of being listened to.

19. Darkthought

One by one the heroes departed to their chambers, led by the king's pages. In the end, all that was left was Rae'non, Shao'Tio, and the king. Rae sighed nervously. They were a rough group...but perhaps it would take such a group to do what needed to be done.

"Be calm Rae'non," came the king's humble and warm voice. "Our fate lies with them now...and with both of you. You should all get some rest. Morning will come soon."

As Rae and Shao'Tio each departed from the Great Hall, the king noticed to shapes of a few of the Heroes stepping forward with questions. The first of them was a cloaked girl. She seemed shy...but the king felt a radiance about her he could not quite place his finger on.

“Pardon me, M’lord. I do have one question if I may," began the woman. "I am here because I believe that you are a good man and I have a desire to help you. However, the jewel that you seek, Melchior’s Heart, can be very powerful. May I ask who will inherit it upon your passing? I do not mean to disrespect you and I hope your days are still many to come; I just feel it is important to know who else we may be giving such power to.”

The king stroked his long beard and nodded. "It is a good question...and it warms my heart to know that your concern for the kingdom goes beyond the money you will be receiving. After the jewel is used...it will be destroyed. The thing is to powerful to be left alone."

Another of the heroes stepped forward. "I have a question about it too." The quiet hero's voice sounded. "This...Melchior's Heart....what exactly does it do? And how can you be so sure that none of us sitting at this table will try to betray you?"

Again the king nodded. "Yet another worthy question. Melchior's Heart..." he paused, as if trying to choose his words carefully. "It is an artifact...of the old world. Legends say it was crafted by the Old Gods. Beyond this I cannot say much. I have a feeling though. I cannot be sure that none of you will betray me...but that is another reason Rae'non and Shao'Tio will be going with you."

Another hero...one the King recognized as Ketka of Vox, departed before the king could answer. He had one of the pages send her a letter detailing his plan for restoring Vox and recognizing it as an independent realm. After that... the king himself had departed.

20. BrinkofDawn

BrinkofDawn New Member

After Leon exited the dinning hall through the huge wooden doors the maid who had fallen into his arms followed him hastely, catching up to him.

"I-I will lead you to your room my lor-"

"Don't call me that, please..", Leon replied before she could finish.

The maid bit her lip and escorted him to a door at the end of the hallway. Opening it and motioning him inside Leon took note of the fancy furniture. The bed was king-sized, bigger than what Leon thought was necessary, and the carpet and ceiling were lined and decorated with fancy designs and stuff Leon didn't really care about other than the feeling of importance he would rather not feel.

Before the maid walked off with her head down Leon frowned and grabbed her arm and stopped her.

She didn't look him in the eyes, but she gave him a sort of frightened face like he was like he was a person of higher respect which Leon didn't like.

"Look at me", he said.

The maid looked at him sheepishly.

His frown lessened "Thank you"

"Y-your welcome s-sir-"

"Leon. Call me Leon, please"

She cleared her throat before she spoke again.

"Your welcome, Leon"

He gave a sympathetic smile before he let go of her hand and she slowly backed away from him, giving Leon a small smile of thanks before she walked off.

Leon looked down and brushed his hand through his hair and closed the door.

"Women"

21. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

Ketka sat by the fire, her eyes following the dance of the flames as they flickered and leapt in a mesmerising motion. A soft knock at the door made her jump her armour clanking as she jolted in her seat. Enter she finally said her voice soft and eyes still lingering on the flames. The page who had showed her to her quarters previously walked through the room before sitting at her side. She watched him as he looked about to be sure no one was around to scorn him for his actions, then he passed her a note. Ketka read the piece before giving a bemused smile, then her anger snatched it away and instead she bit at her lip.

“What does it say?” the boy asked and she allowed her hand to rest on his golden halo of curls.

“It says I would go home after this,” she replied. He looked up at her and she smiled at him. She thought for a moment to be impulsive to offer him a place at her kingdom. He did not belong to her and she had no right. Even if he did not have a home and family here, he would have if he were to be knighted. She wished the best for him.

“When they sent my father and brothers out they did not come home,” he mused. She nodded her head. Ketka could not help but wonder if she would be like the page’s father and brothers. What if she could not return to her people. What if her promise braid could not be complied with by her body.

22. Salinye

Salinye New Member

Senora signed her signature at the bottom of the missive she had just written and returned the quill to the vial of ink that sat upon the desk she sat at within her quarters that were provided by the king. She went through the motions of folding the letter and sealing it with wax, but her thoughts were of the King. She had been satisfied by his answer about the Melchior’s heart and sincerely hoped it played out the way the king currently wished.

Power was quite the allure for most men and the king would be a living target as long as the jewel remained in his possession. Soft candlelight flickered across her hooded face revealing her eyes momentarily as she turned to face the page that had led her to her room. The page shifted a bit uncomfortably and stared at her unabashedly.

She handed him the sealed letter and a coin. “Please take this missive to Shao’Tio.” The page closed his hand around the letter and coin, but did not move. She placed a kind hand on his shoulder. “Lad, I don’t have much time. It’s important that you deliver this message now.”

The boy blinked and blushed, slightly embarrassed. “Of course, Milady.” He gave a quick bow and departed from her quarters.

23. Time_Froze

Time_Froze New Member

A page came in Shao'Tio's room. He was holding a letter. "It is of utmost importance that you read this," said the page.

"Who is it from?" Shao'Tio finished putting on his chain mail armor.

"It is from one of the guests that came last night. Here it is:" Saying these words, the page handed Shao'Tio the sealed letter. He read:

M’lord Shao’Tio~

I apologize in advance for this bold letter, but our departure is only a few hours away and I therefore do not have the luxury of time on my side. I can only assume that King Rae’non summoned me because of my healing gift.

I don’t know how long this mission will take us, but I am concerned for the king’s health. If he wishes a healing before we depart, please send word and I am happy to do whatever I can to aid and strengthen him. If I do not hear from you, I will assume he does not wish my aid.

~Lady Senora

"The king needs all the help he can get. If what this lady says is true, then I must see to it that the king gets this chance to be healed." Walking out of the room with the letter in his hand, Shao'Tio headed for the king's chamber.

24. Darkthought

Rae sat quietly in the darkness of his personal chamber as he contemplated the coming journey. It was only an hour or so away now. It would take him into the very depths of his would-be kingdom. The place had been destroyed around the time of his birth. Rae couldn't even remember it. Indeed, the only relic he had of his homeland was the sword and armor he wore, which the king said had been on the body of the man who had died protecting him.

The king was his first memory. He could recall those warm yet powerful eyes smiling down at him from the earliest moments of his existence. That man had treated Rae like a son. Rae knew the only reason he wasn't going to become king was that the Galbadanian law forbid it.

With little more contemplation, Rae began suiting up for the mission.

25. Darkthought

Ramonis flipped through the dusty pages of the tome, running his finger along the lines of archaic text and over the sweeping drawings and astrological charts the pages were filled with. Depicted on the pages were three items along with numerous writings of many ancient scribes. There was a red jewel, cut so that it seemed to contain light within itself. There was a cloak that appeared to be made out of the skin of a giant black wolf. Lastly, there was depicted a magnificent sword, and edge painted black and and edge painted white. Melchior's Heart, Gaspar's Flesh, and Belthasar's Will. They were the sacred artifacts of the Old Gods.

A knock came at the king's door and he slammed the tome shut as the magister Shao'Tio stepped in. "My lord?" came his questioning voice.

"Uh...yes Shao. What is it that I can help you with?"

"The cleric, Senora, she knows you are ill...and wants to know if you would like her services. You know, to be hea-"

"No!" snapped the king and Shao'Tio jumped back a little, surprised at the king's unusual violence. "No..." he said again more calmly. "I...I am fine."

"Very well M'lord."

"Shao?"

"Yes M'lord?"

"Rouse the heroes will you? I think the time has come. Have them meet once more in the Great Hall. I shall address them one last time there."

"Yes M'Lord."

The door closed quietly and the king returned once more to pore over the tome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.