Global warming effects 100+ years from now

Discussion in 'Research' started by Lea`Brooks, Mar 26, 2016.

1. ChickenFreak

ChickenFreak Contributor Contributor

When arguing about science it's a mistake to reference....scientists?

2. HelloImRex

HelloImRex Senior Member

No, but that's not even referencing. If we were having some argument about evolution vs. creationism and then my argument (because I'd be arguing for evolution) was to link Richard Dawkins's credentials and tell you to go email him if you want to learn something after failing to defend the more easily defensible position for several paragraphs, then yeah, I lost the argument. It's not even about if you are right or wrong at that point, you didn't do a respectable job with conveying the position.

To be fair, if that were just one of many things said it would be neat. Here's what I think, here's some evidence by this person, I used to know them, they'd be open to talking to you if you have any questions I'm not qualified to answer.

But it wasn't that. It was more like this.

You haven't taken a global warming class so you aren't qualified to talk about this. Go take a class. My old teacher could tell you how wrong you are if you aren't just trolling. In fact, here is their name and qualifications, go email them.

I mean come on, the second way just has overcompensation written all over it.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016