Heart of Star Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by losthawken, Nov 25, 2011.

1. losthawken

losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

oops I missed this post yellow Sorry. That's fine, the only question is do you want me to include your character from the start as an unnamed-undescribed "red shirt" until you feel better, or let you introduce your character after the initial events?

2. W.H. Clay

W.H. Clay New Member

I added better detail to my character's equipment with a better understanding of the world.

I was also thinking that there is a lot of fun detail to be done with shard color and hues. The hue can represent the type of field it projects the best and the color can have to do with range of damage it is best suited for.
    Example: (actual colors need to be worked on, this is just a way to describe my idea)

Hue
    Red- better at energizing (offense)
    Blue- Better at De-energizing (defense)
    Yellow- Stronger Tach field connections, higher speeds, better control in a stream. May even be able to propel user? (speed, agility)
    purple- General shard (equal parts of all fields) This could either be a common fare kind of shard by not being especially powerful in one field, but makes you more versatile. Therefore easier to get then other shard and not worth has much, or the opposite. It is just has potent in all three fields therefore very rare and very valuable.

Color
    white->black
    White - potent in physical defense/offense. bullet break through easier and are not has powerful when energized from a white shard.
    gray/silver- your common color crystal. Bullets, arrows, misc. are energized and de-energized most effectively.
    Black- Large and fast energy/matter is most effectively energized/de-energized. possibly used by Decapods? Useless in smaller sizes since it cant generate a field large enough for the matter being energized. Commonly used has main cannon in battleships. No shard found large enough to be used with nukes since it would have to generate massive field to capitalize on the peak of energy released form a nuke. Otherwise it energizes the explosion before the nuclear reaction is finished. thus cutting it's potential in half.

side note- all hues have an general effectiveness with all fields. Their respective color is just better. for example a yellow and blue hue would be equally strong at energizing fields. but the yellow would have a better tach field then the blue and the blue would have a better de-energizing field then the yellow.
    The same is not true for colors however.

I have to go to work please feel free to tear apart and edit will add more when i can.

Our book is about to start! No telling where it will end :)

3. losthawken

I'm not opposed Clay. I enjoy details like this, but my only caution is that other players not feel restricted or burdened by these details. Lets allow anyone to use these concepts where they wish, but not feel an absolute need to integrate it into your play.

Also, I know I've discussed both hue and color, but it just occurred to me... What's the difference?

4. Evil Flamingo

Evil Flamingo Banned Contributor

Hue is the softness or hardness of the color.

5. Question

Question Active Member

Hue is just how light or how dark something is. Im not saying this color thing is a bad idea, but I am probably one of those people that hawken is referring too. I tend to not get too hung up on the details, and I will most likely mess up when writing If we have certain colors doing different things. My vote would be to keep it simple, the larger the shard the more powerfull, no matter the color.

6. W.H. Clay

W.H. Clay New Member

I was thinking of hue has the glow, since I figured that's what you meant. That would also explain why the hue ( or glow ) is an effect of the field because it's the color of the radiation leaking from the shard.

7. losthawken

That's kinda what I thought, lets keep it simple and stick to red, yellow, blue, purple, but most seekers don't worry to much about colors.

I'm a little swamped with writing a grant report at the moment, but I still hope to get started tomorrow. The first post will just be a description of the setting where you all have come to discuss the urgent response to Hawkins rescue beacon. We be meeting in a make-shift bar during a seeker trade gathering.

8. Evil Flamingo

Evil Flamingo Banned Contributor

Post made no sense. Delete it haha.

9. W.H. Clay

W.H. Clay New Member

Ok sounds good

10. losthawken

OK, all this discussion got me pumped up to get started. First post will be up in 3 seconds. Feel free to introduce your characters and have some dialogue after that.

11. yellowm&M

yellowm&M Contributor Contributor

whichever is easiest-though I might be a little late since you've already put up the first post

edit: I will send in a character profile tomorrow, promise! :)

12. losthawken

Sorry yellow, I hope you don't feel slighted. I've reserved room for you and we will make sure your character makes it in. Hope you are feeling better!

Great start guys! I really like how you are trying to guys are trying to draw other players in. I'm going to try to keep my GM characters aloof and anti-social this game is for your characters so keep them interacting with each other.

I'd like everyone to post before I move the scene ahead. Your goals are to introduce your characters and give at least some hint to your motivation for being there. Also, never be afraid to embellish the setting, I may not always have time for a full on description so take a little creative license.

13. Question

Question Active Member

Hey, on my post I added a bit of action is that ok?

14. losthawken

Can't say that I know where you're going with it, but its fine :cool: It does force everyone to react to the un-ignorable events going on, but unpredictability is the fun part of the game.

Roll with it people.

15. W.H. Clay

W.H. Clay New Member

Love it! Picks up the pace

16. Forgotten_Memories

Forgotten_Memories Active Member

Your move, Question! :p

17. Forgotten_Memories

It tells me Question has done the most recent post in the thread, but I can't see it. This new site is being dumb! :(

18. yellowm&M

Alright, just sent my character profile to Hawken, hopefully i will be playing soon :D In the meantime i'll keep up to date with the story so that I can be ready to jump in whenever

19. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

Got my introduction in, your moves.

20. losthawken

Hey guys, great work so far. Two more characters are approved and will be joining shortly. I've got my daughters birthday party today, so I won't be on a lot today :)

21. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

Does anyone think it might be more than just coincidence that my first semester ended and my month long break began the same day that this started?

22. losthawken

Honor! Are you asking to join? Of course you can. You know the drill.

23. Forgotten_Memories

Honorrrr! Yes! Join! :D

24. yellowm&M

I have officially posted :)

And I would just like to say I'm super excited about this group :D

25. losthawken

Yeah, you guys are rocking this.

Bear has arrived, and plans to sift the volunteers, but don't worry he won't be the deciding factor...

Continue introducing your characters.