1. rainy_summerday

rainy_summerday Active Member

Hello world!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by rainy_summerday, Aug 13, 2015.

Hello everyone,

My name is Rebecca, and I am 21 years old.

I am very pleased to be part of your community as of today. I have been writing since I can remember, but not in any professional capacity so far. To me, creating fictional worlds is like a nasty habbit that I cannot shake. Sometimes the urge to write just overwhelms me :)
    I believe that sharing the joy of writing is a good idea, that is why I registered. It sounds like a lot of fun, even though I must confess that English is not my first language, therefore my responses may seem clumsy at times. Which is a bit embarrassing on this site, I know.
    Until now, I have been mostly writing short stories and (attempts at) novels. Oh, and one drama! I like to dabble in different genres as well.

I am looking forward to participating in lively debates, as well as inspiring people and finding inspiration myself.

2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Staff Supporter Contributor

Hi Rebecca, and welcome to the forum. :)

Always fun to meet other non-native speakers! Do you write your stories in English?

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started. See you around!

-Kat

3. rainy_summerday

I wrote an English drama for my university course, but other than that, I usually stick to German. It's quite hard to write WELL in a foreign language. But I am not adverse to trying out new things. I might attempt to write an English short story in the future.
    Thank you for the nice post and the link :)

4. Valery Faye

Valery Faye Member

Hi, welcome!!

If it's any consolation, every attempt of mine to write a story in Japanese has failed, haha.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  5. Cave Troll

Cave Troll Bite the bullet, do your own thing. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Welcome!

Don't worry about it, don't let language barriers deter you. I am sure you have many wonderful stories to tell. So reach for the stars! You'll be great. :p

6. rainy_summerday

Thank you both for the nice posts. I appreciate it!