1. vera2014

vera2014 Contributing Member

Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by vera2014, Mar 12, 2014.

Hi, I'm Vera: a book loving, grammar hating, novice-writer who lives in snowy Canada (the snow is really coming down as I write this post). How is everyone? The winter seems to be dragging on too long this year. Like all the tulips, I'm eagerly waiting for spring.

A bit about me: I want to learn to write as a hobby. I'm decent at practical and business writing but fiction writing seems elusive. Actually, it's almost non-existent. Right now, I'm trudging my way through the tutorial of a trial version of Scrivener. My brain feels numb with the sensations of new software knowledge--or it could be the winter weather. Well that sums it up. Have a great week everyone.

2. outsider

outsider Contributing Member Contributor

Hi Vera, your grammar doesn't seem too bad for a hater. :D.
    The best advice I can give you if you want to write is just that. . . write. There's plenty of good and sound advice to be found on here; albeit conflicting at times, but it's a friendly online community generally. Welcome.

3. vera2014

Thanks for the welcome. For some reason, I seem to be more interested in reading how to write than sitting down and writing. :D I've found lots of helpful advice on the site. I agree, it's a friendly place.

4. MainerMikeBrown

MainerMikeBrown Contributing Member

Actually, Vera, the winter doesn't seem to be dragging on too long. Instead, it is dragging on too long, ha, ha.

Anyway, welcome!

5. vera2014

Thanks for the welcome. It isn't dragging on too long for those who love skiing or skating on Ottawa's canal so it only seems that way to me. :D