1. Nina B

Nina B New Member

Hi I'm new to the site

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Nina B, Apr 5, 2014.

Hello I just joined the site, and thought I would introduce myself. I am Nina. I have written a lot for myself over the years, but recently decided I needed to get more focussed about it if I am ever going to realise my ambition of becoming a published writer. I have two things on the go at the moment, a novel for which I have the outline devised, chapter by chapter, and a self help sort of book, which I am about 5 k into the first draft. I think my main issue is confidence, am I good enough to get published? Any encouragement appreciated.

2. Thomas Kitchen

Thomas Kitchen Proofreader in the Making Contributor

Hello there, Nina!

It's great to have another member, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it here. :)

Well judging from this post, your spelling and grammar is good, so that's a strong start. :D You also mention that you've written for yourself for many years, and that's encouraging; if you have the will to write for yourself and keep going, it means a love and passion for words/stories/reading is there. So, are you good enough to be published? No idea - you'll have to stick around and post a piece up here for us to read first. ;) But as I say, if you have a passion and keep writing, then your work will surely improve.

Keep writing, Nina!

3. Nina B

Nina B New Member

Thanks Thomas, your words are appreciated.

4. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Staff Supporter Contributor

Hi, Nina, and welcome to the forum :)

Please have a look through the Forum Rules, and the FAQ as a start.

This is a good place for aspiring and published writers alike, methinks. I've learned a lot and gained confidence, been inspired time and time again, and met a lot of cool people, so I hope you'll enjoy your stay too :)

-Kat

5. Nina B

Nina B New Member

Thanks Kat, nice to meet you :)