How you met your Significant Other

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by NICKP2009, May 26, 2009.

1. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Amway? LOL:D

2. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

LOL not quite. :p

3. Ashleigh

Ashleigh Contributor Contributor

In the comfort of my stubborn little mind.
    I'm confused! where did you meet your bf merc?? :confused:

4. NICKP2009

NICKP2009 New Member

very confused ...you are single ...what is slumdog millionaire style??? I'm not familiar.

5. Mercurial

Ash-- I dont have much shame in it, but it's not something I want to broadcast on the world wide web.

Nick-- I havent seen him since March and he moved shortly after across the continent. I no longer have an address or a phone number, though I do know the city. A lovely population of 500,000. I'd just kind of like him to see my face on the back of some book or article or something and miss me like I miss him. *shrug*

ALRIGHT, WE'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT ME ANYMORE.

6. Ashleigh

I'm gonna be going crazy now trying to think of what it could be! What have you done to me merc! :eek:

7. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

I'll admit it, I whored around a bit after high school. There was a six-month span where I was going through approximately a guy a month. I guess I didn't know what to do. All my life, I'd been mostly ignored by the opposite sex, and then suddenly I had guys lined up to get a chance with me. I don't know what changed. Some of them were pretty awesome guys, but we just weren't right together. Throughout all this, I was also involved in an on-again-off-again abusive relationship with a boyfriend from high school. Yeah...it was a complicated time in my life.

In the middle of this, Forest shows up. I knew of him. He was my younger brother's friend, though the way my brother had described him, I'd pictured a shy little geeky boy. So when I started flirting with this tall, delicious-looking young man at a friend's Halloween party, I was totally unprepared to find out that this was my brother's friend.

But...I definitely liked him. Right from the start, we had chemistry. I remember we got stranded downtown together when the on-again-off-again boyfriend borrowed my car. We walked everywhere. We spit from the top of the Baywalk parking garage until security chased us down. We looked out over the bay from The Pier. We snuck into a construction site and took a roll of Caution tape (yeah, I know, but we were young). And the whole time he made me laugh and laugh.

It got back to me that he was interested in me. Of course, I said no way in hell. He was a year and a half younger than me, and I was not into younger guys. Meanwhile, I dated this 25 year-old computer programmer who had a band and a penchant for bragging about his manly parts (which actually were the opposite of impressive).

But I did like Forest, even if I wouldn't admit it to myself. It came to a head about five months after I'd met him, when my brother tried to set him up with another girl. I came home from work one night to an apartment full of my friends, and Forest making out with that girl on my couch. I saw red, but didn't say anything, and spent the night in my car. I commented to him the next day on how I didn't like that girl, and she wore too much makeup.

Maybe a week later, the day after Easter, our friends wandered off to do other things, and we found ourselves alone on the beach. We talked about a lot of things, and the light went on in my head. I did like him. He was right for me, and to hell with the age difference. We walked home from the beach, and I stayed silent about it. After using the outdoor shower, we settled onto the couch to watch some TV, and began to drift to sleep. He put his arms around me, and I looked up at him.

He was going to kiss me. The butterflies in my stomach were flapping madly.

He moved in closer...

And he licked my face.

I laughed, but was disappointed. Until he kissed me anyway.

We kept our romance a secret for a little while, because...well, secrets are fun. But that was a little over four years ago, and he still gives me butterflies in my tummy every time he kisses me.

Edit: Wow, Mercurial, that sounds like some story you're sitting on there.

8. Ashleigh

Freshmaker - I LOVED your story, its so cute and romantic. All the jealousy and secrecy and fun...reminds me of me and Matt.

I really want my boyfriend now :(

9. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

I want A boyfriend now. Geesh, I think I'm gonna have to leave this thread. Makes me sad.

10. NICKP2009

NICKP2009 New Member

freshmaker~ Who doesn't do some whoring around from time to time when their young? That was a kickass story, and it's funny how age means nothing to some people and everything to others. A couple years is nothing....Are you still together I take it??

Mercurial...I guess I don't really understand why you miss the guy who changed everything when he forgot to take his pills one day?lol.

11. Mercurial

Freshmaker, that made me smile just reading about it. :love: D'awww.

12. The Freshmaker

::blush:: I don't know, I like to think it'll be a nice story to tell our kids one day, if we have any.

Nick: Yes, we're still together.

13. NICKP2009

NICKP2009 New Member

That's awesome...I hate you're in Florida...I'm so jealous...when I get in Law School...I'm going to go to Miami! I can't wait till I move out of Ohio!

14. Mercurial

Editted

Let's just not talk about it anymore, like I said. :)

15. The Freshmaker

Well, if you can handle the humidity and the old people, it's a nice place to live. We actually have Stetson College of Law about twenty minutes from where I live. It's a really good school. My stepmother graduated from there.

16. NICKP2009

NICKP2009 New Member

Yeah, I wanna live in South Beach...in Miami...I'm sure the crowd isn't all old...but I love the hot weather...I have an excuse to walk around with my shirt off...outside of work ofcourse...

17. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

I was dating an abusive a**hole, and I needed a second job to support us since he decided to quit his job, so I got a part-time job delivering pizza...and Joel worked there. We got to be really good friends while I worked there. Eventually, I ended up breaking up with the guy, and Joel was one of the people who really helped me make it through the aftermath in one piece. Later, I got kicked out of my house, and he let me crash at his place until I got things worked out. Finally, after my head was back together and my life wasn't falling apart anymore, I decided that he was the one person in my life I could never live without...and here we are. :)

18. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

Best. Story. Ever.

19. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

Thanks, Em! :) I enjoy it.

20. Daniel I Russell

Daniel I Russell Active Member

Yeah. What she said. :D

21. Dalouise

Dalouise New Member

I haven't had a "significant other" for many years, I have no family either so I get a little upset when the world assumes that everyone *has* someone. My life is a complete failure and I'm sure I'm not the only one. :(

22. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

*big hugs*

23. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

Don't feel like that, love.

Relationships aren't everything, and they certainly shouldn't be used as a measure of your self-worth.

/Hugs

24. chandler245

chandler245 Banned

I second that. I may have someone, but it wasn't always like that. *hugs*

25. sophie.

sophie. New Member

Yes that must be really upsetting...but you are not a failure! No no no! You mustn't think like that :(