1. FadedSpectrum

FadedSpectrum New Member

I Got Shy

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by FadedSpectrum, Oct 25, 2015.

...so I waited a bit to post my introductory thread. Haven't been in such a big community before. Hello there.

I'm a younger, amateur writer. My goal is to work my way up to becoming a professional and someday publish a few novels. There's a lot of burning ideas in my mind that I'd love to commit to paper.
    Don't worry, I've worked my way out of my awkward-fourteen-year-old-writing-fanfic phase. Thank goodness.

As of right now, I'm working on a slightly dystopic fantasy novel. I have it stored on Google Docs, and I've shown what I have of it so far to a few writer friends of mine. They seem to like it, and provided some good critique, so I would say it's coming along well. There's also a sci-fi story I have shelved until I can give it a complete overhaul.
    I wouldn't mind trying short stories sometime, if a good idea for one hits me.

My tastes leans towards fantasy stories on the whole. I'm not as fond as ones that follow a more Tolkien world format. You know, elf, dwarf, human, etc etc. There's so much more the genre could have, you know?
    In general, I like self-exploration, social concerns, character drama, false utopias, and dystopic societies. Magic's cool too, but it's best when it has a few rules.

So, that's me, I guess.

2. Imaginarily

Imaginarily Disparu en Mer Contributor

Hi new person! :cheerleader:

No need to be shy, we don't bite.

Er. Unless you're into that kind of thing. :whistle:

3. Wreybies

Wreybies The Ops Pops Operations Manager Staff Contest Administrator Supporter Contributor

Seems you've already poked around, but in case they got missed, make sure to read the New Member Quick Start and the Forum Rules. :agreed:

Welcome to it. :-D

Wrey

4. FadedSpectrum

FadedSpectrum New Member

Thanks guys.
    That's a relief, Imaginarily! Nope, not into that sort of thing.
    Don't worry Wrey; I checked out the rules. Might reread them again later, just in case.