"Inkheart" Trilogy

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by 13YrOldWriter, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

I definitely think so; and I think that if you avoid sequels you're not getting the whole story, plus you're missing out on great reads--or at least the chance to know how it all ends.

2. Gigi_GNR

There were points in the book where I really wanted to strangle Orpheus. I also wanted to strangle the Adderhead; every evil person in general, really. :D

Sorry! :redface: You should read the book to know how it all ends; I would (and did).

3. yellowm&M

yellowm&M Contributor Contributor

God i have never hated any book character as much as she made me hate Orpheus, I love her :D She is the best author ever! Lol

4. Gigi_GNR

I could imagine him so clearly, too--this fat, unappealing suck-up powerhog with a bewitching voice, able to write and read anything into existance. Quite a scary villain, in an understated way. He's not Voldemort-evil, with big poofs of smoke; he's quiet, but he can destroy you with a few words, which is probably the scarier of the two.

5. yellowm&M

yellowm&M Contributor Contributor

you've definately got a point there

6. hoodwinked

hoodwinked New Member

I don't think CheeseFace has a heart like Voldemort. Voldemort would have had to world destroyed by the end of the first if he had that power.

7. Gigi_GNR

True, or he would try to control it. Orpheus doesn't have that magnitude of power, but if he gathered followers and commanded fear like Capricorn did or Voldemort did, he could be considered a Voldemort, sans horcruxes. Maybe he could write himself a few horcruxes.