Kids say the darndest things

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Torana, May 5, 2007.

1. Klee

Klee New Member

My one year old cousin is starting to speak and can say a few words. He likes to bang pots for fun, so one day he and my mom had this conversation.

Mom: Who made this mess?
    Cousin: Me
    Mom: And who's gonna clean it up?
    Cousin: You

We have a lot of funny conversations with him.

2. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

hahaha that is soooo cute :p

Oh and Fam means fan...fargy farg....your guess is as good as mine really lol

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Kinda like Morse code. :)

4. Torana

Exactly like morse code....spose you could call it num code :p

5. CharlieTheUnicorn13

CharlieTheUnicorn13 New Member

Somewhere in this universe... Is there some reason
    When I was little, I called olives, "Baby Dollives." I really don't know where that came from. I also called milk, "Nilky nilk," and guitar, "Tiguitar," and fancy shoes, "Splickety shoes."

Do you have any idea how little kids come up with those weird names?

6. lessa

lessa New Member

my eldest son called my mom and dad vava and va.
    mom said she didn't mind since she was too young to be a grandma he could call her vava all he wanted.
    my grandson called me gamma
    my granddaughter calls me mama.

7. Myopic Chihuahua

Myopic Chihuahua Banned

I used to say fidgidator for refrigerator. My friend, a Christian woman, sent her 3 year old son to her room and said: Please go to your room and talk to Jesus about why you are misbehaving. He obediently went.

About 10 minutes later, he popped his head out of his door and quietly said, "Mummy."

She replied, "Yes Caleb."

He answered, "Jesus said Caleb can come out of his room because he won't be bad anymore."

8. Torana

lessa that is so cute. Mine call my mom grammy, they call their father mom nannB and their fathers dad grumpsy gramps. It is cute.

and Justina that is damn adorable lol :p Kids are awesome

9. Torana

Hehe I like the word Splickety shoes lol I have lots Splickety Shoes :p sounds funny and I am sure it could create a lot of laughs.

I think it is all due to the way we all hear things though. My son has hearing difficulties so everything is muffled. I guess that is the reason for his speech problems. I think it has a lot to do with the way we speak and the way they hear what we say and the way it registers in the brain.

Don't quote me, I could be wrong.

10. Myopic Chihuahua

Myopic Chihuahua Banned

I think that makes sense Torana. Maybe it is splickety shoes because to him that is the sound they make???

11. Torana

That would make sense actually. Sound has a lot to do with how we perceive things I feel.

Like with my daughter, she is afraid of motorbikes. She wasn't before hand, but after being near one when it was running she became afraid of them. The sound scares her, not the object.

12. Torana

Oh and my father has a beard and moustache, Amity, who is 2. Says ploppy (that is what she calls him. It was a slip of the tongue and it has remained :p) take off you plickles. Grammy...Grammy...Ploppy got plickles on face.

Masons reply to this "I don't want plickles on my face."

(plickles is prickles by the way)

13. Myopic Chihuahua

Myopic Chihuahua Banned

That is great! I really think it is great how they do that... I bet if we had a child write a book based on how they describe things and then translate that book then it would be brilliant... I mean... so far I already know that grandpa has a prickly face just from one small post!

14. lessa

lessa New Member

Raymond and I were in the grocery store one day and I was pregnant so Dom wasn't born yet so Raymond was almost 3. I was checking the eggs to make sure none were broken. Raymond pipes up with "you have a cute butt mom" I looked around quickly and there was a young man getting cheese just a few feet away. I said "Raymond you don't talk like that" Raymond said " well Daddy thinks it is really cute too" I looked up just in time to see the guy practically run around the end of the aisle. Don't know if he got his cheese or not.

15. Hulk

Hulk Banned

Hahaha, that is really good!

16. Cogito

<laughing>

All this reminds me of a Snickers candy commercial. I think it was aired last year. A father has brought his boss over for dinner, and introduces him to his wife and young son. So the little boy tugs on his father's sleeve, and loudly proclaims, "Daddy, you're wrong. His nose isn't brown at all!"

Announcer voice over: Snickers. Stop the chatter.

(For those who may not know - a Snickers candy bar is a chocolate covered chewy candy bar with peanuts and caramel, so it can keep someone's mouth busy for a couple minutes.)

17. Torana

hahaha that is hilarious lessa.

Mason used to be a right stud. He'd cross his arms, get a sly coy look in his eyes, tilt his head, give a little nod at the good looking girls and say.... "Mmmm num num!"
    His uncle Keith loved it lol I used to get so embaressed by it but. He used to get the cutest comments and looks. Even cuddles. It was adorable but shameful at the same time.

and Cogito that advertisement was hilarious. I loved it!

18. lessa

lessa New Member

even in english it is funny.

Dom was almost 2 and we were shopping and Santa was in the mall. There was a craft fair going on and he found something he really wanted at one of the booths. He asked if he could have it and I told him he would have to ask Santa. Next thing I hear is a lady running after him hollering that he stole the toy. I caught up to both of them and asked Dom what he was doing with the toy that wasn't paid for. "I was taking it to show Santa what I wanted." Everyone was laughing except the lady who still wanted to get everyone to believe he was a thief. I bought the toy from her and made her feel like a heel. For someone who made toys for children she certainly didn't understand them much.

19. Torana

Mason just came up to me and said "Mommy I have a bloont on my hand and I need a bands ages to make it better cause the spider dragon got hurt and it's Dora's fault now."

I have no idea what he is going on about >< his hand is fine! I gave him his bands ages though lol

20. lessa

lessa New Member

Torana that is cute but if it gets to be a regular thing for bands ages to save money use my trick.
    Magic bands ages.
    you look and see that the bloont is really in need of one.
    you reach to the shelf with the magic spray that will clean it really well.
    then you get the box of magic bands ages and open it up take out the bands ages
    peel it open as you would a regular one. Make a big show of putting it on properly.
    then tell Mason that he can't see it but that makes it easier to see when the bloont
    is healed.
    Saves trips to the store for more bandaids.
    Kids seem to go through a phase when everything needs a bandaid.
    It was fun seeing Raymond fixing Danny's cuts the same way.

21. Torana

I do that with my two cause they ask for a bands ages <bandaid for their tongues> so we taught them the difference. Blood needs bandaids hurts need bands ages.

And it is even funnier when they think a bandaid will fix broken ornaments, scratches in the car or broken headlights, holes or makrs on the wall, broken toys....the list goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on
    the funniest was Mason trying to fix an orchid with a bandaid once. He was terrified grammy would go off at him.

22. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

having had 7 kids, my list of 'the darnedest things' would be too long to post... but here's some of the best gems:

fire-dreathing bragon
    review mirror
    hambadurger

23. lessa

lessa New Member

maia, I figured the things from my two would be a long list but 7 would top it by quite a bit.

my kids call bean sprouts snakes. they liked them raw as a snack and kids at school laughed so I told them to take them and call them snakes. I think Raymond still does to this day.

24. Milady

Milady Active Member

When my brother was little, he would say "Numnum" for food and "Cue Cue" for Thank You. Thats about all he would say, and we'd feed him just for a laugh. I swear, I thought he was going to get fat...

I used to call Yellow "Ellyo", Escalators "Eleskators", and Refrigerator "Frigi-gator".

But nothing I've got can top the things you guys come up with!

25. Cogito

Is there a kid alive who didn't at some point pronounce spaghetti as if it were "pasghetti"?