Male vrs. Female Authors

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Gloria Sythe, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Swiveltaffy

Swiveltaffy Contributor Contributor

I wanna see how long it takes @Ossian to get a like. No one do it just to do it.

jazzabel and elynne like this.
  2. Ossian

Ossian Banned

@minstrel @GingerCoffee @Swiveltaffy @thirdwind @Link the Writer
    Its all in the penis and vayjay. Should be obvious to anyone.

Since you inquire so politely, like good girls should.... here is an alternative opinion>
    >Women get unhealthy when they are not good at being receptive, because they are not utilizing their primary energetic trait, which is receptivity. Men become unhealthy when they do not utilize their gifts of contribution and creativity, which are their primary energetic traits.

It’s about giving in creative, structured ways. These are more Yang oriented activities.

http://www.felicedunas.com/male-and-female-differences-and-strengths-the-yin-yang-perspective/

The proof is out there, Scully, why wont you believe me??
    -There are only two kinds of mind, I call them Female and Male.

3. Ossian

Ossian Banned

They seemingly travel along the spine either downwards to the lower regions...-which is relational, sexual, social, feminine.
    or upwards to the top -which is intellectual, rational, authoritarian, male.

Both tend to oppose the other way of functioning. The female is sort-of better overall -in life, society. But they are boring like the church girl!

An example of opposition. "OMG YOU HAVE AWFUL VALUES! HOW COULD YOU STEREOTYPE PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE."

The feminine is also 'scientific'. It cannot believe in anything, unless proven by a thousand tries, it is always looking for 'external solutions'.

4. Ben414

Ben414 Contributor Contributor

As people were debating what "good" sarcasm is, let me give an example:

Ossian is a member with very well articulated viewpoints that are backed up by a lot of empirical research, and the totality of his postings that equal to 'women are inferior' and 'we need less education' are clearly not thinly-veiled trolling attempts.

Alexa C. Morgan likes this.
  5. 123456789

123456789 Contributor Contributor

Nope, sorry, this is pretty bad also.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  6. Ossian

Ossian Banned

..and what that means in a sexual sense even the church girl will understand.
    (How rude! Not fun, at all! What an insult to the church. Lets mob against the poor sucker and truthteller)

7. Ossian

Ossian Banned

This sound good but then you probably dont mean what you're saying.
    It is not trolling.
    It is backed up by numerous people, religions etc and has been for thousands of years. And so could I, to some extent.

Only the last posts in this very thread carry some degree of spiteful joking around.

edit: The feminine is the standard in life. They are much better of in society and they are more natural. Not inferior, but I wouldnt want to be one they are a little boring.

8. Ben414

Dictionary.com definition of sarcasm: harsh or bitter derision or irony.
    Dictionary.com definition of irony: the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning

I'm pretty sure that I was being sarcastic... unless you were also being sarcastic!

thewordsmith likes this.
  9. 123456789

Ossian, your comments are both authoritative and irrational. Does that make you bigender?

10. 123456789

Yeah but it didn't make me laugh :S

11. 123456789

12. Ossian

Ossian Banned

These kind of conversations never go well. They are as if designed that there is no right answer to the question.

I am androgyn/neutral in some sense. But thats advanced stuff and not very important.

My mind is male, Id say this is what is generally referred to when speaking of male/female in a more religious/spiritual interpretation than the very obvious body/sex. It could also be called life-energy or something equally magical and unpalpable.

All authoritarian people are rational but it is in such a way that it could be called irrational. It has been called Dionysian, among other things.

123456789 likes this.
  13. 123456789

Christ, I've been outdone!

@Swiveltaffy There goes your like

GingerCoffee likes this.
  14. Ben414

I guess you can't win them all. :) Speaking of not eliciting laughs and not using comedy optimally:

I thought men were supposed to be the funny ones!

15. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

@Ossian, do you have any objective evidence that what you're saying is actually, provably, true? That link you posted to Felice Dunas' page doesn't count - there's no data there, just a bunch of claims based on notions from 5000 years ago. Well, people all over the world believed a lot of wrong stuff 5000 years ago - the age of the notions does not enhance their credibility; it diminishes it.

Are there any properly-done, peer-reviewed academic studies that corroborate your claims?

shadowwalker, T.Trian and jazzabel like this.
  16. Ossian

Ossian Banned

I could source healthy people claiming similar things. I do not care about evidence myself because I can validate lots on experience and observations, but there ought to be lots of gender research unfortunately they are probably contradicting.

The truth is the truth, it is ageless like gravity. There are natural/universal laws, they are all around. Gender is like gravity, all around in everything, everywhere always.

Was there anything in particular that you're asking about? since that could make things simpler.

17. Mckk

Mckk Member Supporter Contributor

Oh great, mighty Ossian, I bow to your superior knowledge of no evidence! I scoff those who require evidence. Evidence! Bah! Evidence is for the unbeliever, who should be burnt at the stake! Who needs evidence when we have the great Ossian? Ossian's claims are like gravity, they are all around and his claims are ageless. Want proof of that? Just look at, erm, gravity!

Yes, gravity. Everything can be explained by gravity. And assumptions and presumptions and something beautiful called prejudice. Ah, lovely, delicious prejudice. Who needs evidence when you could have prejudice instead?

Again, I marvel at your greatness and can only sniffle at the feet of your superior... er... gravity!

18. minstrel

We could start with this:

19. Ossian

Ossian Banned

@Mckk With that off of your chest its time to grow up and see things as they are.

There are men and women, this is a pattern, some are androgynous. It exist in all living beings. Law, gravity.

20. minstrel

If androgynous people exist, you also have to accept transgender, gay, lesbian, etc. people. So the yin and yang theory is inadequate. You need yin, yang, yong, yun, yeng, etc.

Look, I can accept that there are differences between male and female brains. My point is simply that those differences pale in comparison to the actual differences between individual men and women. Painting all men with one brush and all women with another is hopelessly inadequate as a means of understanding people or predicting the kind of personalities they'll have. And, to relate this back to the original topic, it's inadequate as a means of differentiating between male and female writing styles.

jannert, EllBeEss, elynne and 3 others like this.
  21. Ossian

Ossian Banned

The feminine mind is fluent. It accept that people are different so to speak. The male mind is definite. Both have their qualities.

22. Ossian

Ossian Banned

There should be at least some correlation. Men would write more in a definite way and generally more to the point. Women would be more relational and communicative. In other words I completely agree with the notion of the thread. Things are also more 'fluent' than this, as mentioned but to me the pattern is very important. More important than exception.

I promote the pattern before the exception and define it the best I can.

23. 123456789

Also, professional writers might be more likely to overcome any natural, gender specific tendencies (not saying whether there are or aren't any, mind you) one might have.

plothog and minstrel like this.
  24. 123456789

This is a pretty feminine forum, if that's what you're getting at.

25. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

@minstrel : The yin/yang concept is the law of the Universe according to Eastern philosophy, it's the principle in every thing. It is the reason for all changes and the force behind destruction and prosperity, the cycle of existence as we know it. They represent the dynamic nature of existence, the changes in everything. Yin and yang are the two counterparts existing in the same subject. Interestingly, it is also thought that the optimal state is when yin and yang are in balance (this doesn't refer to quantity but to quality).

The yin and yang symbol is quite down to earth, it's the diagram of the length of the sun's shadow throughout 12 months of the year (the circle consisting of a dark/light curve, solstices and equinoxes at 90 degrees to each other). The dots are placed there not to indicate quantity but quality presence of both in everything. The various sexual orientations and genders, as well as male/female dichotomy, are both good examples of the concept of yin and yang on a biological level, imo.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014