Meaningless Accomplishments

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by A.M.P., Jan 27, 2014.

1. obsidian_cicatrix

obsidian_cicatrix I ink, therefore I am. Contributor

Dunno... certainly I've seen people more densely tattooed than I am. When I first started getting tattooed, it wasn't the done thing for women here. Tended to be mostly merchant seamen paramilitary thugs, and guys sporting their local footie club insignia. It's now so common place, people tend to commit to larger pieces rather than the old postage stamp work, so coverage isn't a big deal anymore. I used to walk down the street and people would nearly get whiplash, now it draws little reaction. (Though for that I am glad... got a bit wearisome when people got in my face with their unsolicited personal opinions. I used to get that a lot.)

2. Thomas Kitchen

Thomas Kitchen Proofreader in the Making Contributor

A couple of years ago, when I was 17, I flew off to Crete with Symphonic Brass Wales to take part in the 2011 Cretan tattoo. This was extremely exciting, and I played next to other bands and countries such as Russia and Canada. But one of the best moments was when I was playing in the centre of a large town, along with the other band members. Peter Karrie (who was the Phantom in The Phantom of the Opera and sang all over the world) was also with us for the whole trip, and that night he was singing while we were playing. He sang The Music of the Night, among other pieces, but it was in that particular moment that I realised just how incredible it was that I was a trombonist backing up the astounding Peter Karrie.

That was pretty cool. :D

Lemex likes this.
  3. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

That's pretty freaking awesome! Crete is a great place. :)

4. JJ_Maxx

JJ_Maxx Banned

Are there any pics in the Picture Gallery? If there isn't, consider this a request!

5. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    I knew a guy that went to high school and sold weed to Linkin Park before they got famous.
    I have been pot free for 11 years now.
    My little brother in law was on the Ultimate Soldier Challenge, and his team beat the contractors and the challenge. (And I use little brother lightly, dude is huge :p)

Lewdog likes this.
  6. KokoN

KokoN Active Member

Probably all my Twitter posts that have been liked by celebrity accounts, lol. I actually have lost count of how many likes from actors I've gotten on Twitter, but the official Bones (the tv show) Twitter account followed me (they were giving out follows to some people who tweeted at them), and that same account has replied to at least two of my tweets to them. Also one of the actors on Bones retweeted my tweet, another quote-tweeted one of my tweets, and another replied to my tweet when I wasn't even tweeting at him (I was tweeting at the Bones official account).

I really like the show Bones in case you haven't noticed, lol. I've gotten a bunch of likes from actors on that show and other shows too but like I said I lost count. It's really not that hard of an accomplishment actually. :p But I still think it's fun :)

Lewdog likes this.