My Wife's Flu And Donuts

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Raven, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Raven

Raven Banned

How old are you Connolly?

2. (Mark)

(Mark) New Member

I'm nineteen.

3. Raven

Raven Banned

Ah old enough to know women are a total mind boggle but not old enough to understand a 14 year miarrage. lol One day my friend you'll truly understand.

4. (Mark)

(Mark) New Member

So, are you saying that all I have to do is pretend to enjoy my wife's cooking at all costs, and then she'll be happy?

5. Raven

Raven Banned

lol. I only wish it were that simple. lol.

6. (Mark)

(Mark) New Member

I don't understand women. At this point in my life, I've found myself quite disillusioned with them to be honest.

7. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Amen. Women are baffling. It like their another... kind of animal :confused:. You know not men but still human...

8. Raven

Raven Banned

I remember those years. Man did I love to drink and party lol. and women back then, seemed a different breed. Now its a whole different league.

To any females reading this. Please don't tell the wife what I said. :D

9. (Mark)

(Mark) New Member

I'm not much of a drinker, nor a partier. I used to do that in high school, but I got tired of it after a while. The girls you meet in those sort of situations usually aren't very worthwhile.

10. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

That's why I don't party and crap like that. It's not worth it, and booze tastes bad. :rolleyes:

11. Raven

Raven Banned

It was a different era when I was young. And now well now its very different the night clubs for a start i wouldn't touch. Shame really the old days were full of grace now its drugs booze and well.....

12. (Mark)

(Mark) New Member

I like the taste of alcohol, but I don't drink much. I'm afraid of developing some sort of dependency on it...

13. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Blah. I can't stand alcohol. I had beer, wine, champagin, liquor, whisky, vodka, and various other beverages and I just don't like them. Its probably genetic. My mom hates the taste of anything containing alcohol too.

14. (Mark)

(Mark) New Member

I don't like most hard liquor. Tequila is really good though.

15. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

I drink alcohol very rarely as it reacts with my daily dose of antihistamine causing me to become completely wasted after half a standard drink. Least it saves money though... and yes, Eoz is a cheap drunk .

16. (Mark)

(Mark) New Member

Eh, after the first bit, does it really even matter what you're drinking anymore?

17. adamant

adamant Contributor Contributor

What's the fascination with becoming drunk, or drinking any amount really?

18. (Mark)

(Mark) New Member

It's fun, sometimes.

19. adamant

But you don't need to be drunk to have fun...

20. (Mark)

(Mark) New Member

No, you don't. It's just a way to have fun. If you don't feel comfortable drinking, then don't do it.

21. adamant

I don't... and I'm not sure as to why so many do, which is the reason I was asking.

22. (Mark)

(Mark) New Member

When I do drink, it's because I enjoy it. I'm sure I could have fun with my friends even if alcohol weren't a factor. Getting trashed with your friends tends to loosen things up. It helps you to get closer to the people around you by breaking barriers. For example, I was at a bagel shop earlier today. It was in the afternoon, and there were tons of people there getting bagels, and not one of them said anything to each other, unless they had come in together. A few weeks ago, in that very same bagel shop, I was sober, but the majority of the people in there were drunk. It was about 1:30 in the morning, and the place was packed. The thing was, everyone was talking to complete strangers like they were old friends. It created a sense of unity that isn't often found anywhere.

23. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Oh you are so done for now Raven!

Give me back my rock and a free ticket to the UK and I will keep quiet. If you don't I'm TELLING Lilly! :cool: hahahahaha I have ammunition against you now. Blackmail...I love it! WOOOOOOOOOT

And alcohol is used for many reasons adamant. Some people enjoy the flavour of the drink and hence why they drink it, others have one or two every so often just to unwind after a long hard day of work or just a way to forget the stress. It is also a way to help you relax in a social situation. A lot of people abuse alcohol and thus becoming drunken and it is never a good look. I enjoy a nice cold drink every few days, but I never have more than one or two except on a weekend and even then I never have more than what I know I am commfortable with so that I am in full control.

I drink because I enjoy the taste of the drinks that I drink. If I didn't I wouldn't drink them.

24. lessa

lessa New Member

A question here.
    Have you ever met someone who can drink almost constantly and never show any sign of being drunk or smelling of booze.
    My FIL drank for 6 years after he got married and his wife never knew he drank at all. He promised her he would stop drinking and she believed him.
    He would dump out his thermos of coffee and fill it with cherry whiskey go to work drinking all the time at work come home rinse out his thermos and act normal. When I met him I didn't know he drank. When he finally stopped drinking the only thing that changed was he wasn't as exuberant.
    My husband is the same. One of his brothers could do the same but not to the same extent as Don can.
    Don doesn't drink anymore just lost the taste for alcohol but I had never seen anyone who could do this until I met this family.
    That is why I am asking that question.

25. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

I haven't met anyone like that at all lessa.

My family are the violent type when they drink. The will get loud, rude, agressive and aggetated and half the time violent as well. I don't like drunk people anymore and won't be around them.

My friends are generally happy drunks, though some are quite the oarty annoyances. Randomly getting upset over nothing, becoming overly flirtatious, sleeping with every male/female possible. These are the kinds of drunks I have to put up with. So I don't go out to get drunk, I go to have a few quiet drinks with friends, if they intend on getting drunk they can count me out of it!

One or two is ok, 3 or 4 yeah, but more than that and I am gone! I don't like drunk people. There is no need to get drunk!