New Dawn(Sanctuary Sequel)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Darkthought, Dec 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade

Jade Active Member

Bruce came to stand nearby, using the light to examine the strange weapon which he carried around. He stood there, looking back into the cave and making himself an easy target for enemy fire, Jess noted.

"You know, babe, I think what you're doing is wonderful. But to be completely honest, I just can't see anybody wanting to come in here."

Jess looked away from the blizzard as one of the others came out from behind the row of chairs which protected them from the wind. It was Lin again. He had spoken to her several times in the last week. That alone mystified Jess. It was not often that people made an effort to talk to her. She supposed that there weren’t many other people in the cave for him to talk too.

She looked back, realizing that she had taken her eyes from the cave entrance. If someone did come, friend or enemy it was her job to notice them. And she had been distracted. She pulled her coat tighter around her and looked back into the snow, biting her lip piercing. “You should go back into the cave before you get cold.”

2. sprb_skrbblz

sprb_skrbblz Active Member

“You should go back into the cave before you get cold.”

"Too late."

He hadn't thought about how cold it would actually be outside. The wind slapped his chest hard, making it hard to breathe. He tried to situate himself a little further inside the cave.

He wrapped his arms around himself and rubbed his aching chest, trying to get the feeling back in his fingertips. He raises his voice a bit over the roaring winds to make sure Jess can still hear her.

"So... where's the lizard? I say we eat him and get it over with."

3. CommonGoods

CommonGoods New Member

“Right. Right, they’ll come.” Joshua said, ignoring Lin’s remark on eating Vishka. He started moving closer to V, filling up the spot where Lin had been sitting. If they wanted to trap body heat, they should stick close together. Even if it wasn’t the most comfortable situation. He looked at V, then glanced at Jack. There was something going on between those two, but it seemed the cold had dampened their spirit.

Joshua shivered again. “But what if they don’t? It has been what, ten days now?” He tried to make his voice sound calm and reasonable, but even he himself heard how close his comments came to whining.

4. Foxee

Foxee Contributor Contributor

V put her arm around Josh, both to try to comfort him and to help keep warm. She rubbed his arm a bit.

"Which means we've survived this long, Josh. Someone will come rescue us."

She tried not to think of those who they didn't want to come find them and she tried to catch Jack's eye. He didn't respond, looking away from her.

In the press of bodies, intimately close to everyone else, V had never felt so alone in her life.

5. sprb_skrbblz

Jess' face was unshaken by Lin's humor. Not that he was looking for laughs. Hell, he was only half-joking in the first place. He smiled at Jess' seriousness as she stared out into the bitter cold.

Rubbing his shoulders, he realized he really should go back inside the cave. He went back to the spot where they all huddled, spotting Josh getting close to V. He smirked a bit as he looked at them.

"She's right, little man. Someone will rescue us. You know, Josh, I'm jealous of ya. I sleep in that spot and get roughed up, and you get body heat. How do you do it?"

He figured a joke might lighten Josh up. Lin couldn't stand negative thinking. Especially when he was a part of the situation getting the negative thought.

6. Darkthought

Darkthought Active Member

The past week spent in the cave had been the first time in a great long while that Dre hadn't had a nightmare. He had grown so used to them growing up that it just kind of seemed normal. Their absence would have been reassuring if it weren't for the fact of what awaited him upon waking. No nightmare was as bad as waking up to the cold darkness of the cave and catching a glimpse of the cold whiteness beyond.

“They’ll come,” V said, trying to believe it as Dre’s head rested on her shoulder as he dozed, “surely they’ll come.”

“Right. Right, they’ll come," Joshua said sounding none to sure about himself. "But what if they don’t? It has been what, ten days now?"

Dre picked his head up off V's shoulder and yawned. Josh was right. They would die in the cave eventually. If the cold didn't get them sooner then the hunger would later. For all any of them knew no one had even gotten the distress call. They didn't even know where they were for sure.

"We can't stay here for very much longer. We'll die." There was no emotion in what he said. It was just simple fact that they were all well aware of.

7. CommonGoods

CommonGoods New Member

Joshua shook his head. “Not being a total jackass helps.” It wasn’t that Josh disliked the man, but Lin had the annoying habit of making the wrong comments at the wrong time. He had grown up with V, and although they hadn’t been in touch for years, they had been friends as children. V had always been the leader, Joshua the one who was taken along so he wouldn’t tattle. They had explored the Junkyard with Zefie and some of the other children. If anything, V reminded him of home and easier times.

Which brought him back to their current situation. He decided not to insist on why they hadn’t been rescued yet. Instead, he tried to force a smile onto his face. And was about to say something positive when Dre spoke up.

Joshua shivered at the sound of the man’s voice. There was no emotion there. As if he had decided and accepted long ago that he would die here. “So what do you propose?” It had been Dre that had saved them from the Hunter-Stalker in Sanctuary, and some foolish part of Joshua hoped the man had a solution.

8. sprb_skrbblz

"Not being a total jackass? If I knew how to give it in small doses, I would. I guess it's a good thing I like the rough stuff, huh?"

He didn't take the comment to heart. He's been this way for most of his life, it's not going to stop in the near future. He actually pitied Josh, which was the main reason he spoke to him. He wanted to get the fellow's spirits up. And then what does he get? An insult thrown his way.

Still, Lin smiled and took comfort in the fact that in an ambush, Josh would be the first to die, especially with that crappy attitude. And now Dre chimed in, stating the obvious.

Of course he was right, but had Lin been the one to speak that way, the whole cave would find a way to further ostracize him. Again, Lin smiled and carried on. The sleeping quarters stunk of bad attitudes, so he walked around the cave a bit.

9. Foxee

V smiled slightly at the interchange. She'd seen enough of Lin by now to know that he wasn't a bad guy, really, just rough and without much regard for what others thought of him. He'd been fine 'sleeping' in the spot now occupied by Josh, but trying to capitalize on the situation by pinching her bottom had been too much.

Then Dre spoke up, his voice right near her ear, with his gloomy pronouncement.

V's spirits sank, he was probably right but she didn't want to think about it.

10. Blossom

Blossom New Member

Zefie was almost completely unruffled by the cold, barren cave, sleeping soundly on the rocky floor. For the past week her companions had worried about food, warmth and death, but it was no less than Zefie was used to; growing up scavenging and stealing on the streets of the Junkyard had been no joke. All that really caused her concern now was the bleak, inhospitable wilderness outside. It was a complete unknown, not the familiar territory of Sanctuary. Zefie was a survivor, but even the strongest of spirits would waver in the face of this situation.

And then, of course, there was the mysterious Magnus Disc. Something Zefie had never heard of two weeks ago, but had now risked life and limb for. And no one had truly explained why. What was so special about this tiny disc?

The thoughts chased themselves round her head, forming into strange and surreal dreams as she slept - until someone shoved her roughly aside and she hit her head on the hard, rocky floor.

Slowly, with a quiet moan of pain, she opened her eyes and pushed herself into a sitting position. She looked blearily around the cave, focusing on those gathered around the entrance. V appeared to be comforting Josh, who was wearing the same scared expression she recognised from her childhood and that his face seemed permanently frozen into recently.

"We can't stay here for very much longer. We'll die." Dre spoke with a quiet, emotionless voice. Stating fact. Recognising the precariousness of their situation.

Zefie picked herself up off the ground and walked slowly over as Josh asked, "So what do you propose?"

There was a slight pause. The question hadn't been directed at her, but Zefie shrugged and said simply "We have to get movin'. To try. There might be somethin' out there, and there's definitely nothin' here."

11. Foxee

V listened to Zefie. She understood what her friend was saying but it was so much of a risk.

"We'll die here if they don't find us but at least we have shelter. We'll die out there," V nodded toward the outside, "much quicker. Two coats for so many people? We'll die of exposure. I know it's an unfamiliar idea but I've read about it. The weather can actually kill you very quickly."

12. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Well it was time wasting just sit here and look at the letter. Landa needed to find out if this was a hoax or not. He stared at the group of blockheads in the tent. They would be fine without him for a few hours. First off he needed to find where this Lord North person lived. It seemed almost ridiculous to be invited without a true clue of where to go.
    "I'm going out," Landa said.
    " 'Kay chief be back in two hours,"
    "All right,"
    Landa said all right, but it certainly wasn't all right. Two hours to find some house he didn't know what looked like. Sounded wonderful, sounded easy, sounded ridiculous.
    Landa walked out the tent and began his decent on the sidewalks of the streets. Landa sighed there was no need to get heated about some place you couldn't find. Somebody around here might know, well at least the left over wondering soldiers. Landa realized something though he should know where the Lord North lives. It was something that was slightly needed. Landa also realized this meant he wasn't getting out often enough to look around. But then again he was busy with the job.
    Why was he even thinking about this while he was suppose to be finding some place?

13. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

in a little cage in the bowls of Cephalid
    Sarafena stepped off the bus she had taken and walked across the street The Queen’s circle was well guarded, soldiers that walked in an automated manner roamed the streets. Sarafena couldn’t help giving a grin she was glad she hadn’t fallen into that line of work. Being a pilot she tended to be excused for her rash behaviour in the bars and clubs she frequented and from slacking.

She looked at the street sign over head and took a step bumping into someone she steadied herself and cursed watching as he fell on his rump. The man looked as distracted as she was.

“Hey, sorry about that,” she offered her hand to him. He didn’t look pleased and Sarafena wondered if she should be rolling up her sleaves. She ran her fingers through her short black hair and put a hand on her hip.

14. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

“Hey, sorry about that,”
    Landa got up by his own will, he didn't take her hand, but he stared at her as she got into the feistiest body postures. Landa could do the same, but he didn't he just stared at her. He shifted all of his wait on one leg and had the other knee up.
    "I was thinking to much," he told her, "I'm looking for some place that I don't even know where it exist."
    He wasn't in this stance for a fight, it was just the most comfortable at the moment. And right now on lookers might be looking to see if it's a cat fight between two woman.

15. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

"I'm looking for some place that I don't even know where it exist." He said.

Sarafena let her hand drop, “oh I see, I might be able to help out, I‘m a pilot…” she let her voice trail off she wasn’t going to get into the highlights of her career and how great people had been making her out to be of late. “Where are you headed then?”

She looked up at the sign again. She wasn’t far from the lords house and she cursed wanting to find out what all the fuss was about. Not to help some lady, boy who looked lost.

16. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

“Where are you headed then?”
    Landa stared at her. She was still give him that feisty attitude he didn't appreciate very well. He thought about asking her or ignoring her. Which ever the two he may or may not find the Lord North's house.
    "I am looking for the Lord North's house," he said in that sort of off handed way that made his words sound sexier then what they were.

17. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

"I am looking for the Lord North's house," he said. His voice now had changed and had a sultry sound to it. She jerked her head back a little an amused smile crossing her features. The lady boy, or tomboy, girl. She frowned and shook her head, she’d say he for now, was giving Sarafena all the right signals.

“Is that right,” she grinned. “It just so happens I‘m headed there myself you‘re in luck follow me. Make sure you keep up though.”

18. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

“It just so happens I‘m headed there myself you‘re in luck follow me. Make sure you keep up though.”
    "Sweetheart my job entitles me to keep up," Landa said.
    Landa stared at the girl ready to follow her to their destination. He wondered how far or how close their destination was. And he wondered if he'll make that two hour break limit. He hoped this better not be a hoax. He had patients in critical conditions.

19. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

"Sweetheart my job entitles me to keep up," she grinned at his ire comments then laughed.

“Oh, no, no, honey you don‘t know the words keep up until you‘ve worked with me,” she teased.

She followed the street sign towards the Lords house. The heavy high buildings gave way to lavish white stone building with gleaming windows. The lawns were manicured and the street smelt of freshly cut grass. She stepped into the shade of the willows and pointed to a large stone gate that had a guards box positioned before the gates.

“That‘s the lords house,” she trotted up to the guards box and gave the man behind the glass window a sleek smile.

“May I see some identification please,” the guard asked.

“Sure,” Sarafena said passing over her military identification card.

“officer Blake,” he said with a salute. Sarafena rolled her eyes.

“Please no need for that.”

She stepped aside so that the lady boy could show his identification to the guard and waited.

20. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Landa smiled a little amused. She had no clue what he had to do sometimes to get his patients. He certainly could keep up to anyone. He was slightly attracted to how luxurious and rich the place looked. But that attraction turned to disgust. While the Lord lived like this, in this building people were suffering from unknown diseases. Despite it being the most beautiful in the world at the moment, it was down right ugly.
    He walked over to the box.
    "Identification..." the guard paused, "Chief is that you, thanks about my leg...it feels good as new you're the best chief."
    Despite knowing the man on a personal patient doctor level. Landa handed him his ID.
    "It's good to hear your leg is doing better," Landa said once again his words turned out sexier sounding then what they were suppose to be.
    "Oh Chief, it's good to see you,"

21. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

"It's good to hear your leg is doing better," the man said. Sarafena was grinning again amused at how his words sounded like bedroom talk. She felt like demanding what the guard had been paid to prove the lady boys point. She shrugged it was probably a stroke of fortune on his behalf.

Sarafena watched as the gate was opened and she stepped inside looking at the garden. Solid stone paths framed lush lawns and garden beds with lilac roses in full bloom. She could smell the roses on the wind. It was nice and reminded her of her feminine side. The girl that liked flowers and pretty trinkets. The path was shaded by climbing shrubs that had been trained up the sides of an arch of lattice.

Sarafena walked up the path her posture slouched and her hands in her pockets. She turned the bronze door handle and pushed the door open. Inside the halls were sleek grey marble, their pattern like billowing storm clouds. She couldn’t stop thinking they’d be a b**** to clean.

“Fancy,” she muttered looking up as a maid approached them.

“Good day officer Blake,” she greeted her.

22. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Landa smiled amused at how the girl appreciated all this fancy junk. But it wasn't the best. It was very ugly. Very ugly indeed. Somehow he had this sick notion to burn the place down right here and right now. But he had to find out about this hoax. Suddenly a soldier ran up to him.
    "Chief...hey it's me remember my arm," he said, "Thanks for fixing it Chief you're the greatest doc I ever had...gotta go back on duty now, hope we can talk again...thanks again chief."

23. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

"Thanks for fixing it Chief you're the greatest doc I ever had...gotta go back on duty now, hope we can talk again...thanks again chief." A soldier called out to the man.

The amusement was starting to wear thin now. “What are you a one man fan base.” she sighed, looking back to the maid.

“We are looking for the Lord North can you tell him officer Blake and ah this dude are here.”

“Right away officer Blake,” the woman said. Sarafena gave the man a sceptical glance. Dr do little she thought to herself. She snickered at her own immature joke, she did that a lot.

24. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

“What are you a one man fan base.”
    Landa stared at her and her huffy words.
    "I have you know sweetheart that I am the military's own medical chief," Landa said, "I think Blake that since I kinda know your name already because you yourself are a man fan base as well since everyone knows you, that it's time I told your my name it's Landa Medical Chief of the military."
    Landa stared at her in a huffy way, he didn't like being mocked. And he certainly didn't like his job being taken lightly. He fixed these soldiers up so they can continue doing living. And she was taking him to lightly.

25. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

"I have you know sweetheart that I am the military's own medical chief," Landa said, "I think Blake that since I kinda know your name already because you yourself are a man fan base as well since everyone knows you, that it's time I told your my name it's Landa Medical Chief of the military."

Sarafena let out a sigh, “Relax I didn‘t mean to upset you. I have no idea what you are talking about. I‘ve got no nothing. I‘m just a pilot nothing special,” it wasn’t that big a lie she was a pilot. She just hadn’t mentioned the military bit. She hadn’t realised he was the chief of military it made her feel bad for all her mocking. She shrugged he was a big boy he’d deal with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.