1. wrc

wrc New Member

Not ready for the Rubber Room yet (313 wrds)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by wrc, Apr 6, 2016.

Allow me to introduce myself. (313 wrds)

Hello everyone.

I one of those writers who never gave up and I’ve been a writer for over 30 years. During that time I’ve had a mixed bag of successes.

Here are some highlights of the writing projects I finished: Three of my stage plays were given full public performances. Four of my screenplays had Agents running around Hollywood trying to sell them, unsuccessfully. I wrote a textbook on screenwriting which is still being sold on Amazon. I do not view this as a success since they never paid me my share and they’re still selling it while continuing to stonewall me. I want them to stop selling it but don’t know how to stop them.

I’ve had a couple of careers while also taking time to write. Without HS I earned two degrees. While finishing the Masters I joined the faculty in Theater Arts and taught classes in TV/Film Production for many years. I taught Creative Writing at a Jr. College for 8 years. I left teaching and formed my own TV/Film production company in SF. I functioned as Producer, Director and Writer and ran that for over 20 years.

Now I’m an older writer living the life of an Expat in Mexico. I’ve been here for 6 years and Mexico was very productive for me. I finished a screenplay I’d struggled with for many years (I hope this is my last one as they’re impossible to sell). While here I began writing short stories. Now I have two collections in the polish mode: one is mainstream and the other hardboiled/noir stories. I also wrote a novella.

I work at writing every day, but take one or two days a week to do marketing.

I joined Writing Forums because I like the company of writers. I also like to give feedback to other writers and receive it for my work. I look forward to participating.

Have a nice writing day. wrc

2. Cave Troll

Cave Troll Bite the bullet, do your own thing. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Welcome to the community. :p Look forward to seeing you around. :D

3. Wreybies

Wreybies The Ops Pops Operations Manager Staff Contest Administrator Supporter Contributor

313...... The number...... :bigeek:

WRC, you've no idea, of course, but that number follows everywhere I go. I see it all the time. It's one of those things in life for me. One of my works in progress even has that title, Three Thirteen.

Anywho.... :whistle:

We've chatted already, you and I, in otherly climbs. Welcome! :bigwink:

Be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Wrey