Not so minor things that annoy me!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by The Bard of Wigan, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Leaving the toilet seat up!!! OH MY GOSH THAT AGGRAVATES ME SO MUCH!!!!!!

Adults who throw temper tantrums like little kids...

My parents coming around my house and trying to take it over! aaaaaaargh! Why must they do it every damn time??? WHYYYYYYYY? ><

Pregnancy hormones? :p lol

And Tarnished, I yell at people from my car in a road rage kind of way... once I had a guy drive out infront of me and then stopped. Thing was, I had the right of way as he was turning on the driveway, so I stopped my car yelling and screaming at the guy, got my sons hard plastic train from the back seat and smashed the guys window with the train. He missed my front end and I had both my children in the car, Amity was only 5 months old. He looked and said "Oh right. I wasn't looking, too busy chatting on the phone. No one is harmed." then he drove off!!! Jerk!

Condescending people, arrogant people, people who think they can get away with things because of who they know, people who abuse power, how about I just say people in general?

2. Lavarian

Lavarian Contributor Contributor

Stupid teen boys who drive around harassing pedestrians.

I was on my usual jog the other night, just rocking away and minding my own business. I thought I heard someone yelling so I looked and some shirtless kid was hanging out of the passenger side window of a car and shouting at me.

I pulled out my earbuds and was greeted with barely comprehensible strings of profanity. I just sort of looked at them like they were crazy and slowed to a walk. Well, they slowed to, and now the kid started throwing ketchup packets at me.
    Really? Ketchup packets? What are they five?
    I tried to ignore them and took a big gulp of my bottled water.
    It didn't work. They kept yelling (things that I shan't repeat here) and now the backseat window was rolled down and someone else was chucking french fries at me.
    Someone decided to open one of the ketchup packets before throwing it and it splurted all over by chest on contact.
    It was the last straw.
    I was pretty close to the street and I happened to notice one of those fancy ipod consoles in front of their CD player.
    I tossed the cap to the water bottle aside and got a little closer. They started to pull away, so I threw the bottle of water as hard as I could through the passenger window directly at the ipod console. The bottle of water all but exploded and I'm pretty sure it soaked that ipod because they screeched to a halt and the driver stuck his head out the window and yelled a very angry voice cracking string of profanity at me. They then sped away.
    I don't really know if I wrecked it or not, but I certainly hope I did. Teach those little bastards a lesson.
    After that encounter I also decided that I hate when teen boys where their hats crooked in an effort to look cool.
    It doesn't look cool at all. It looks like you're trying entirely too hard.

3. Agreen

Agreen Faceless Man Contributor

Those are exactly the kind of gents I was referring to with my 'think they are clever but they aren't' comment. Nice way to stand up to them, I hope their ipod was ruined.

4. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

Same here. Also, when people go to the bathroom and then don't flush. EW.

You are officially a badass for doing that. I've never had anyone throw stuff at me, but I always get the teenage boys who honk and yell stuff about the way that I look. Really, guys? Do you think that's going to impress me? Because all that's really going to happen is you're going to make me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

5. Gone Wishing

Gone Wishing New Member

Baby talk - by adults to other adults. I'm sorry but adults calling each other pet names and such, like 'bunny wabbit' makes my toes curl. >_< I can't even speak like that to babies...

And people who fall asleep in the lounge while watching a movie or playing a video game, but when you wake them up to tell them it's time to go to bed/home they insist they weren't sleeping and continuing to do whatever it was they were sleeping through - promptly falling asleep again within minutes.

6. sophie.

sophie. New Member

Same!!! Agh! It's gross! Doesn't take long for you to put it down, if you put it up in the first place! *grrrrr*

Something that really annoys me is when people talk about themselves in the 3rd person -
    'Annie had a good day yesterday, because she's been trying to stop smoking. But today she's feeling saaad.'
    'Oh really? Who's this Annie then? Maybe she needs to act like she's over 5 years old...' :mad:

It sounds so smug/stupid.

7. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

I work with a guy who does that. UGH.

8. sophie.

sophie. New Member

Aggghhhhh. I couldn't stand it. I'd probably act really grumpy the whole time they did it. 'Gaby is feeling sad.' *SHADDUP!*

It's so condescending/smug/AWFUL!

*rant over*

9. Gallowglass

Gallowglass Contributor Contributor

That sounds a lot like what people do on Twitter. I hate:

1. Tourists who can't speak a word of Gaelic. I've sent some a hundred miles out of where they wanted to go because they came up and spoke in the wrong Gaelic, though.
    2. People who don't have blinds. Which is pretty much everyone. No-one here has blinds or curtains, and they just expect you not to look, then wonder why when you do.
    3. People who wear kilts. How the invention of an English industrialist became the historic national dress of Scotland I'll never know.
    4. People who call Britain or the UK England.
    5. People who abuse the Outdoor Access Code and let their dogs poo in Loch na Seilg.
    6. People who ask for directions because they can't read Gaelic roadsigns - look at the small text, it's in English!

10. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Improper use of the word "epicenter." It is NOT a sexier synonym for "center." It means the point on a surface directly above the actual center under that surface.

I groan and gnash my teeth every time I hear it misused. Soon I'll need to go to the dentist, and it's all their fault.

11. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

Adult to adult baby talk.. yeah, you're 25, it's not cute anymore.

Pseudo-intellectuals. Kill them all.

Rude and obnoxious customers. If you like feeling ten centimetres tall, come work in retail.

Racists. Seriously, I'm over your mocking-asian accents. They were never funny.

People who think it’s cool to drink until they’re paralytic. Yeah, you deserve all the consequences of being so out-of it you're unable to make decisions.

12. Dr. Doctor

Dr. Doctor New Member

Yeah, that'd probably be me. :D

I hate people who tell you to cool off when you respond to something they said in even a moderately serious way. What exactly do they want?

And on the other side of the spectrum, people who are too edgy all the time. Come on, I just asked you a goddamn question, no need to jump on me for it.

13. sophie.

sophie. New Member

Ugh yes. :mad: People who are endlessly trying to get one over each other, acting clever...esp. when they never read and are incredibly narrow-minded.

Yep..why people find it so hilarious I will never know..shut up with the curry jokes...

That is half the people in my year. 'Ohhh right I was so pissed I pissed myself..nah I was paralytic so it's OK' yes right..What's the point?

14. Lavarian

When I went to college, nearly every single person there was a drinker and very vocal about it.
    Over 70% of the conversations I heard ALL DAY LONG consisted of "Man, I was so wasted last night. I'm gonna get so wasted tonight too."

Good lord people, don't you have any hobbies?

15. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

The fact that the BNP won two seats in the EU elections annoys me.

And judging by my facebook home page, it's annoyed a lot of others too...

16. madhoca

madhoca Contributor Contributor

People who wear sandals (sometimes quite flashy and eyecatching) but don't look after their toenails. Sorry, gross I know, but that is what you are. I'm not saying you need to have a pedicure every three days, but basic grooming is good manners.

17. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

Women who complain about the state of the toilet seat. It can't be any harder for you to move than it is for us, and I don't see you showing enough consideration to put it up after you're done. And if you're the kind of person to sit down without looking first, then frankly you deserve whatever you get.

18. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I wear sandals with everything! I live on a tropical island, what else would I wear. I could not agree more! A give myself a pedi every other weekend to ensure that the toes are cute, not crusty. :cool:

And I moisturize my feet. Ain't tryin' to have no ashy ankles.

19. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

I agree with that.

But. People who don't flush the toilet get to me. It's just one handle. Geesh. I'm waiting for the day when autoflush toilets are in everyone's houses.

20. Lavarian

Wait, that flap thing is for sitting on? I always use it like a basketball player used the backboard. It's very handy for bank-shots.

21. Carmina

Carmina Contributor Contributor

I HATE it when (and I have two friends who do this constantly) I am having a conversation with someone, their phone makes a noise telling them that they are getting a text and all of a sudden I am talking to the top of their heads as they bend over their little phones typing furiously with their thumbs not paying me any attention. Can you text the word "RUDE"!!!

22. Lavarian

Amen. I hate that too. They should at least have the courtesy to let you finish, then say "excuse me for one moment". Then they can read their text.

23. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

Yeah, not flushing is something else. My friend's little brother forgot to flush right before heading out on a week-long vacation. Their bathroom has reeked of fish ever after.

Jokes jokes everywhere, and not a one to tell. :redface:

Oh, I have another one: Militant Feminists, you know, the ones who get mad when you open a door for them. They never seem to be around when they would actually come in handy, namely, in line at the refreshment table.