Ominous Minds

Discussion in 'Archive' started by JessWrite, May 6, 2013.

1. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Roland stepped up to stand beside Kubi and gave her a sideways hug. "It'll be alright, cupcake. This day will end and a brighter one will begin tomorrow." He said with a sad smile, obviously trying to be cheerful for her sake and the sake of the others. But the news about Flora was just as painful for him as it was for Flora's children.
    He looked around at the gathered group. Some angry, some sad, others indifferent, and one or two hopeful. Strange how the same news could affect everyone differently. "Any body know how to take care of burns and cuts?" He asked guesturing to Kubi's multiple wounds.

2. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

"Detective!" David shouted running after Joe as fast as his legs could carry him.

Just as he caught up the two were already nearing the warehouse.

The police were in the process of closing off the area and there were at least eight police cars parked the entire lot as were various fire trucks two ambulances. All of them working busily though there seemed to be only one casualty as the medical workers were pushing someone on a stretcher.

While the police investigated the smoldering heap that was once a building and as they identified a charred corpse of a fallen officer.

David began coughing and his eyes filled with water forcing him to raise his arm to cover his face. "God almighty.....Flora he muttered." As once again an image of his mother flashed through his mind.

3. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

At first Kubi stayed were she was, sitting down legs tucked in. Only Roland stayed by her side. But as time went on her tears stopped, she looked up to see everyone heading towards the exsplotion, and suddenly she sprung to her feet. "Roland you help." She said sternly, "We find who did this, make him pay. Blow him up like he tried to blow me up." She nodded agreeing wth her self, then she grabbed Rolands hand and stormned off after them, dragging him behind her.

When they reached the site of truamatic night Kubi walked striaght up to one of the officers. "Sir, I knew one of the victems here, can you tell me if you no anything about who may have done this?"

4. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Stella let out a miserable sigh as she blindly followed the crowd. With the back of her hand, she wiped her pale, tear-stained face. Worries struck her heart, images of Father and Mother impressed upon her mind with every step. Of the times they had shared together, the hope they had provided; the encouragement of success they had given.

Gone. What once was had been taken from her, from all of them. David, Ruthie, and...

Her steps slowed on the concrete, brow furrowing in thought. Lester. Throughout the whole dreadful ordeal, she hadn't thought to inform him of the matter. But he must of have heard...of course he probably had, everyone in the area had heard of mother's disappearance. Still she had yet to see him. Stella knew his work was serious business, but the current situation seemed of the utmost importance. Even more so than money.

Opening her coat, she pulled her Bot from an inside pocket and scrolled through her contacts to find Lester's number. As the dull tone rang in her ears, Stella glanced up at the smoke hanging on the horizon.

A few seconds passed with the monotone rhythm, soon in tune with her rapid heartbeat.

"Hello. You have reached Lester Stanfield of Stanfield City Bank. Unfortunately, I can't take your call right now, but leave your name and detailed message after the tone and I will return your call when I am available. If you need immediate assistance, please contact my office, at extension 6338. Thank you and have a good day."

"Please call me back as soon as you get this, Lester." Stella whispered, before trying his office. Again, the voicemail mocked her and she came out with nothing.

Stella threw her Bot back into her pocket. Selfish man...why did she even bother? Always lecturing her for not answering too! Well, she hoped he was enjoying whatever marvelous business venture he had gotten himself into.

Taking a sharp breath, Stella marched up the sidewalk. Debris was scattered over the ground, dust and smoke clouding the air. The flashing red and blue lights reflected in her eyes as she witnessed the scene. Mother had been in this? The young circus girl too? Her gaze drifted to the ambulance and the stretcher being pulled into it. No...

"Mother!" Stella screamed and broke into a run. But she didn't get far as her wobbly knees hindered her. Skirts flying, she collapsed onto the ground.

---------------------------------------

"Jay, I know this is hard to do, but please don't worry." Ruthie said as they walked together. "Believe me, I would pack up my things and leave if I could. But, I...we need to keep pushing forward. Whenever we tell ourselves to give up and run, that little bit of hope in our heart whispers for us to keep going. To keep trying as hard as we possibly can."

Ruthie swallowed hard. "Stella once told me that. Anyway, come on and let's see what's happened." She picked up her pace, heading towards the building.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  5. Kingtype

The officer managing the yellow tape was caught off guard by the sudden group that appeared. His eyes flashed with surprised as a girl with a tale skipped up to her.

Sir, I knew one of the victems here, can you tell me if you no anything about who may have done this?"

She raised an eyebrow at Kubi. Certainly a forward young lady. But the cop did as most police did. Ignored her question and pressed a different matter. "Which of the victims did you know?"

Though the cop's attention when she heard someone shout.

"Mother!"

As the girl went down. The cop cocked her head a look of sympathy in her eyes. "You're Stella Stanfield right? The actress." She asked

6. Exzalia

"Flora, well I didn't know her well, but I was asking first." Kubi said crossing her arms

7. JessWrite

Hearing the officer's words, a glittering smile appeared on Stella's face. Since arriving in Chicago she hadn't once been acknowledged of who she was in Hollywood. As it has been said before, one is not without honor except in their own city. Yet, she preferred it that way. She liked the freedom of being a nobody. In fact, despite the happenings going on, it was quite nice to be treated as a normal person.

But still who didn't love to be noticed? And at a time like this, Stella needed a little bit of pride!

Brushing away the dust lingering on her coat, she got to her feet. "Yes darling, of course! I am the Stella Stanfield! Would you happen to be a fan? "she replied, flipping her hand in a dramatic pose. Not more than a second later, she scowled to herself. "Oh, but I'm speaking such nonsense! What I mean to ask is, would you happen to have any information regarding my mother?"

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  8. Kingtype

"Oh, but I'm speaking such nonsense! What I mean to ask is, would you happen to have any information regarding my mother?"

Her eyes lit up at Stella and then nodded towards. "Miss its not exactly your business to know who might have done this at the moment."

She sighed but a big smile formed on her face. "Yes I am fan but I think you and your friends here will be pleased to know that your mother Flora was found in the wreckage of this place." She frowned once again. "She was badly injured but she was breathing." The cop scooted closer to Stella and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Whatever happened here we are glad we at least recovered a missing person and saved one." The woman whispered to herself. "Some our own were not so lucky though."

9. JessWrite

Stella gasped upon hearing the news. Good news!

Tears blurred her vision as relief flooded through her. She could hardly resist sharing in her happiness that her mother was alive. Without thinking twice, she threw her arms around the officer in a quick hug. "Oh darling, thank you, thank you so much! You have no idea how much I desperately needed to hear that!" Stella exclaimed, eyes glistening.

"But, oh dear I am sorry for your losses. This is all...very horrid...I...I can't imagine..." She glanced at the disastrous ruins before bringing her gaze forward once again. Stella's face hardened, her jaw set in a firm frown. "Only a simply monstrous human being could have done such a thing as this. Have you any leads on what happened? Why it did? And...where did you find my mother?" Stella spouted off the questions one by one.

10. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

“Yeah a famous actress but on this case she is the daughter of the Standfield family that recently lost its patriarch and has a wounded matriarch. I think that is better for us to respect her that way… Or are you implying that her condition as an actress conditions the veracity of her statements and acts?” said the voice of a man at the same moment than a figure from behind the cop patted his shoulder.

He was a tall man dressed with black shoes, very clear white pants that matched a white shirt, he also sported a brown vest over the shirt and despite the nice aspect of the clothing, the man did not use a tie, in fact he let his neck open revealing a portion of his chest. His hair was abnormally of a red color and a prominent scar stood on his front. However the most notorious characteristic was his arm tied to his shoulder by a sling pointing that it had been wounded at some point.

The man smiled in front of the face of uncertainty of those in the mansion, it wasn’t strange, after all no one had even saw this man before, however this man had met them before.

Though that woman being an actress is an important fact… is better to not let the police to be involved with the case. High ranks are as suspicious as the family members.

11. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Jay nodded, but his mouth curved into a slight frown. "Fine, but if anything goes wrong..." Jay reached into his pocket and pulled out a tiny device that he had been working on for the past week. Not saying anything about what it was of what it could do, he plugged it into his own Bot and watched as it hovered around his head for a moment, bleeping confusingly, before it finally stopped and returned to normal.

Still, a new, bright red light began to glow on its surface.

12. Kingtype

"Only a simply monstrous human being could have done such a thing as this. Have you any leads on what happened? Why it did? And...where did you find my mother?" Stella spouted off the questions one by one.

"No leads yet though-" She jumped when she was patted on the shoulder by a mysterious man with his arm in a sling. She hadn't even heard his approach.

“Yeah a famous actress but on this case she is the daughter of the Standfield family that recently lost its patriarch and has a wounded matriarch. I think that is better for us to respect her that way… Or are you implying that her condition as an actress conditions the veracity of her statements and acts?”

The cop glowered at him. She wasn't used to being spooked. She wasn't exactly sure how to respond to his questions, they were somewhat off putting. "N..n..no I'm just a fa- Wait!" She shouted. Come on remember protocol. She simply ignored his questions and tried to turn the tables on him as she'd done with Kubi. "Did you see anything or know any of the victims?"

13. mmarage

mmarage The Detective Contributor

I looked over at David. "Keep your head or turn around, I have no use for someone that can't keep a steady head and trample all over a crime scene and mess with any possible clues." I said, I walked over to the ambulance, and sighed quietly as I heard that Flora was still alive. "Well that's good news at least." I said.

I looked over at the man that came onto the scene and merely nodded. "Good to see you again." I said simply, wanting to see his reaction to my statement, I had a feeling that I knew who this man was, his eyes... they looked familiar, if I was right about the Valentine's true identity.

14. lixAxil

The cop glowered at him. She wasn't used to being spooked. She wasn't exactly sure how to respond to his questions, they were somewhat off putting. "N..n..no I'm just a fa- Wait!" She shouted. Come on remember protocol. She simply ignored his questions and tried to turn the tables on him as she'd done with Kubi. "Did you see anything or know any of the victims?"

The man let a light laugh to escape, very light yet not enough to not be noticed.
    "Let me guess missy you're new in the department right?" said Gerald without bothering to present himself.
    "Anyway it doesn't matter. Would you be so nice to take to Derf?... tell him that the one who used to play with his son is here" stated firmly.

I looked over at the man that came onto the scene and merely nodded. "Good to see you again." I said simply, wanting to see his reaction to my statement, I had a feeling that I knew who this man was, his eyes... they looked familiar, if I was right about the Valentine's true identity.

"Had we met before young man?...Oh! I know! You are the market's attendant right?"

15. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Senior Member

"Haha!" Stewart said from the side of Joe, delighted that he was right "I told you didn't I? Optimism does pay off at times. Good to see she is ok." Stewart was aware of what people thought of him, and normally didnt let that get to him, but he was always happy when he thought he did or said something smart.

16. JessWrite

Stella's sapphire eyes glanced from the officer to the man who had made a silent entrance. She studied him; from his slick attire and rugged face, all the way to his arm in a tight sling. What a curious man...including the words he said. Had he pinpointed that some thought she could be a suspect as well?

Stella took a deep breath as she tried to not let the thought offend her. She knew it would be foolish to get angered, although she had an excuse to be. The events of the day had been pulling her down, draining her.

Still, she merely nodded in the man's direction and again turned her attention to the woman beside her.

"I'm sorry to hear you haven't any leads...but, please would you mind telling me where you found my mother? What...happened to her?" Stella took a step closer, desperation clear in her expression. "I simply must know."

17. Kingtype

"Let me guess missy you're new in the department right?" said Gerald without bothering to present himself.
    "Anyway it doesn't matter. Would you be so nice to take to Derf?... tell him that the one who used to play with his son is here" stated firmly.

"I haven't seen the Chief since this morning." She replied. Then her's eyes widened in surprise as what he said finally registered in her head. "Are you confessing to the crime of kidnapping the Chief's son?" She asked sternly as she produced her handcuffs.

"I'm sorry to hear you haven't any leads...but, please would you mind telling me where you found my mother? What...happened to her?" Stella took a step closer, desperation clear in her expression. "I simply must know."

She blinked her eyes not moving from Gerald as she responded to Stella. "We found her just laying on top of the debris away from the house. As for what happened to her.........its not very pretty I'm afraid." Her voice becoming apologetic. "She was badly burned in her face areas but I heard from Officer Layton that she had sustained various injuries from someone else. That someone else we are still looking for."

18. lixAxil

"I haven't seen the Chief since this morning." She replied. Then her's eyes widened in surprise as what he said finally registered in her head. "Are you confessing to the crime of kidnapping the Chief's son?" She asked sternly as she produced her handcuffs.

"Is that a present for me missy?" asked the man as soon as the handcuffs appeared.
    "So I can't find Derf here, I'm sorry for interrupting you missy, continue your good work, a good impression is always good in the department" said before turning his back to her. However he wasn't leaving the mansion, as things were now it was best for him to keep an eye on the family as long as he doesn't know the chief's location.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  19. mmarage

mmarage The Detective Contributor

"Anyway it doesn't matter. Would you be so nice to take to Derf?... tell him that the one who used to play with his son is here" stated firmly. "Had we met before young man?...Oh! I know! You are the market's attendant right?" The man said. I looked at the man and crossed my arms, not believing his act. "Yup, this is definitely the Valentine... well... Gerald. Gerald would have no reason to kidnap Derf's son, but the Valentine would, in order to try to find out the truth, he must have used a mask this whole time, he's pretty good at disguising himself, oh well... I'll speak to him about this later." I thought. "...No, but I'm sorry, must be mistaken." I said.

20. Exzalia

"Kubi had not spoken since she found out Flora lived, what a relief, and here she thought she had died. She didn't no whether to feel embarrassed or happy. But rejoicing could come later, now was there chance.

"We need to speak to Flora as soon as soon as possible! she may know something about her kidnapper, like why he kidnapped her."

Kubi said jumping to her feet, "Officer he ran in that direction, maybe you catch him? Then maybe you don't ignore me." She said crossing her arms.

21. Kingtype

"Is that a present for me missy?" asked the man as soon as the handcuffs appeared.
    "So I can't find Derf here, I'm sorry for interrupting you missy, continue your good work, a good impression is always good in the department"

She frowned as he dismissed her question. "Hey h..hold on!" She shouted quickly walking behind. Her small hand reached out grabbed Gerald by his sleeve.

'CLICK'

One end of the handcuffs went around his left wrist.

"Excuse me sir we aren't done here. You've confessed to serious crime." She pointed out as her other hand reached out to cuff his other hand.

"We need to speak to Flora as soon as soon as possible! she may know something about her kidnapper, like why he kidnapped her."

"I doubt Miss Stanfield is in any position to be answering questions at the moment." She replied to Kubi.

"Officer he ran in that direction, maybe you catch him? Then maybe you don't ignore me."

"What did you just say?" She asked her, surprise in her voice as her focus turned away from Gerald and now to Kubi.

22. Exzalia

"I saw him, look look these burns and cuts, me close to the blast. Saw him run that way, must have only been half an hour ago, stupid me should have followed. Was too distressed." Kubi confessed.

"But, he has not left the city yet, no time, in fact me think that was his hide out. I think he's homeless, trying to find a place to hide, we search for him now!"

23. Kingtype

"I saw him, look look these burns and cuts, me close to the blast. Saw him run that way, must have only been half an hour ago, stupid me should have followed. Was too distressed." Kubi confessed.
    "But, he has not left the city yet, no time, in fact me think that was his hide out. I think he's homeless, trying to find a place to hide, we search for him now!"

The female officer shook her head. Many questions touched tip of her tongue for the tailed girl. "And you're positive of this?" Her grip did not loosen on Gerald.

"I'll need to inform the other officers of this and also you saw this man? Anything you can describe about him? What were you doing around this place?" She fired out as she pushed Gerald along towards the other officers motioning for the group to follow her.

24. lixAxil

Gerad sighed, he then produced a cigarette from his pocket and put it in his mouth...

The disadvantages of having only one usable arm... it becomes harder to lit a cigarette... thought the man

The officers of course were surprised, after all the man freed his hand from a handcuff in such a natural way no one noticed it.
    Gerald noticed their face of atonishment.
    "Don't worry, don't worry, not planning to escape you can put me the handcuff again" said while offering his free hand.
    "Oh btw missy!" exclaimed the man to the female officer he was talking before..
    "Would you be nice and lit me the cigarette please my lady?" said the man with a gallant tone.

25. Exzalia

"I had a blood hound was looking for flora, that's when I found this place. But no more chatting! lets go catch him!" Kubi said impatiently.

"He is covered in blood from all the torture he did, he should be easy to spot, or at least track!"