1. Edward

Edward Active Member

Pen tablet troubleshooting, help needed

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by Edward, Jul 29, 2007.

I've got a problem with my pen tool: the front end doesn't work, and whenever I use it and pull it up above the tablet, it still thinks I'm pressing it and keeps drawing a long line. I've been forced to let it draw a line between what I was drawing and what I will be drawing, lift it completely out of range, and then ctrl+z, draw, and repeat.

does anyone know what I could do (short of buying a new one, they cost 30 bucks, and I'm cheap.) to stop it from being so stupid? I mean, the way it is I can't even use the software.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

It probably has a pressure switch on the tip that has become jammed in the on position, possibly from bearing down too hard. If you can figure out how to free up the switch, you may be able to make it usable again, otherwise you may just have to bite the bullet and replace the tablet,

3. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

With mine, you can move the cursor with the pen while moving it over the tablet, but not touching the surface. Is yours like that? If so, there should be a setting you can change so that it will only move when you're touching the pen to the tablet. Try that and see if it helps.

4. Edward

Edward Active Member

I hadn't actually though of that...

can't actually change any of the settings I lost the disk so I've been using it as a regular mouse, but with more precision, when I move it over the tablet it just thinks I'm moving the mouse along the table. At first when it happened on my laptop I thought click lock was on, but then it happened with my home computer...