Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gigi_GNR, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

I agree, I hate picky eaters. I'm game for almost anything, so when people are so outrageously picky it annoys me to no end.

2. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

I'm a picky eater, but it's more out of necessity than anything else...that's what happens when you've got acid reflux, are lactose intolerant, allergic to tons of food, etc...

Joel, on the other hand, is far more picky than I am with absolutely no reason to be. Frustrating.

3. JavaMan

JavaMan New Member

Advanced algebra.

4. Lydia

Lydia Contributor Contributor

:eek: We are definetely meant for each other!
    If my brother compains about onion, I basically shove the entire plate in his mouth. :D
    And yes, I will eat everything.

5. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

I get annoyed with the silly finishing marks on the English alphabet. I am a lazy manual writer --I dont cross my f's or dot my i's or put periods after abbreviations like Dr or Mr or anything like that. I feel like it is a waste of my time.

Also, I dont like it when people follow the speed limit in a no passing zone. I feel like they're forcing their beliefs on me. :p

6. hiddennovelist

That made me laugh.

I don't mind people following the speed limit in a no passing zone so much, but I hatehatehate it when people cut me off and then slow down in an attempt to force me to slow down.

7. Gigi_GNR

I hate when my family forces me to do stuff I don't like. Some days I swear I'm adopted. They all wanted to go to a parade, and they love that. Me, I don't see the point in watching a bunch of second-rate small-town floats go by, throwing out sticky, melting candy to the kids. I hated it. But they all loved it, for reasons uncomprehendible.

8. Xeno

Xeno Mad and Bitey Contributor

When you're sat with a group of friends and they begin to bitch about the one who's not there, who just so happens to be your best friend. :mad:

Then getting shunned for asking them to stop. :(

9. Gigi_GNR

I hate--HATE--when people have no table manners. I don't mean 3 different forks and all that, I mean chewing with your mouth open, wiping greasy hands on the tablecloth *shudder*

10. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Not to mention talking with your mouth full while leaning forward and pointing with the fork for emphasis, as a cloud of pork chop particles settles on the mashed potato serving dish.

Or my granfather's specialty, leaning to one side at the table and letting one rip, then joking about barking spiders.

11. afinemess

afinemess Active Member

I cant stand people who block you in the grocery store, and you know they see you but they ignore you and continue to evaluate which of the thousand cans of chicken noodle soup they need...or, and this is a southern thing, people who go to the grocery store to socailize and then hold up the lanes. :mad:

12. ChimmyBear

ChimmyBear Writing for the love of it. Contributor

The one thing that gets on my nerves is being force feed something when I know I am not going to like it. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind trying something new, but when I say "no" that means no thank you, I'm not interested.

13. hiddennovelist

That's so lame. The group I was friends with while I was dating my ex were like this...whoever wasn't there got talked sh*t about. It was ridiculous. I could never understand why they were all friends if they hated each other so much...

Joel's mom does that to me all the time, and it drives me crazy! "Just try a little bite!" Why? I already know I won't like it. "Well, maybe if you warmed it up a little bit." If I warm it up a little bit, is it suddenly not going to contain ingredients that I'm allergic to or that I'm not allowed to eat? :rolleyes: Irritating.

14. Triggerhippie

Triggerhippie Active Member

I hate when people are talking about a situation and say, "You know when you're going to work and you..."

No I do not know, because I am not you! >.>

15. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Hollywood infighting that forces one very well known franchise to have to alter its name for a movie release of said franchise because someone else's gimungo (jai-mung-go) Hollywood ego won't let go of the name to his next project which is only going to confuse the ba-jeez-eez out of audiences when they go to see these movies.

Avatar: The Last Airbender is being released as simply The Last Airbender because James Cameron has a movie coming out by the name Avatar.*

Ree. Tar. Ded.

* Don't get me wrong, I saw the trailer for the Cameron movie and I do very much want to see it, but... HELLO! Avatar means cute little goofy monk with spiffy tattoos charged with bringing balance to the world. It does not mean giant blue/green neo-fairy-esque.... things.... with crazy monsters.
    No. It does not. I have spoken.

16. Gigi_GNR

*gasp!!*

Soul brother!! I have found you!!!! :D

I was SO ANGRY at that too!!! I am incredibly excited for A:TLA's movie. I have all three seasons on DVD, and I have an urge to slap James Cameron upside the head.

17. ChimmyBear

ChimmyBear Writing for the love of it. Contributor

Grrrr...Ex-Husbands who can't seem to learn to let go...it's been over five years, Hellooo. :mad:

18. Gigi_GNR

Aw, what happened Chim? (if i may ask)

19. hiddennovelist

I would like to add to this ex boyfriends and their friends. Because mine cannot seem to just let things go and stop hounding me. Blech.

20. Gigi_GNR

IDEA! Flash your ring in his face and start singing "If you like it then ya should'a put a ring on it...."

:D That's the first thing I thought of.

21. hiddennovelist

HAHAHA that would be good. Somehow, I don't think that would stop him, though. He's not hounding me because he wants to get back together...he's hounding me because apparently he's got nothing better to do than talk sh*t about me.:rolleyes: Loser.

22. Gigi_GNR

A pox on his head!! Grr, why people do that I'll never know. Just be content that he'll die alone and sad, crying over you. :D

23. hiddennovelist

I hope so. Usually after he and his friends pop up in my life, I just remind myself that what goes around comes around...eventually, they'll get theirs. :)

24. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

fruit flies.

*cries at the swarm in her kitchen*

25. DownUnder

DownUnder New Member

Or for me, flies in the room when you're trying to sleep. Even if it's only one of them, the noise is enough to make me get up and seek it out.