Project Zero

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Keitsumah, Jan 7, 2013.

1. BritInFrance

BritInFrance Active Member

Magda McFarlin

"I have tracked animals before."

Magda turned to see a teenager dressed in a camouflage jacket and a hat. She signalled him to come over to join her.

“You ever seen an animal that makes tracks like that, kid?” she said. She pointed out the claw marks in the tree and the snow. “I can't tell which direction it went in, but maybe you can. By the look of that deer, it was here recently.” She looked around at the others and gestured at the youth. “Unless anyone has any better ideas, I suggest we follow this guy.”

2. Eclipseangel

Eclipseangel Member

Garan Letarim

“You ever seen an animal that makes tracks like that, kid?” she said. She pointed out the claw marks in the tree and the snow. “I can't tell which direction it went in, but maybe you can. By the look of that deer, it was here recently.” She looked around at the others and gestured at the youth. “Unless anyone has any better ideas, I suggest we follow this guy.”

"It's tracks is nothing like anything I've seen before. It looks like it easily could take down a bear." Garan said crouching over the tracks. He followed them for some metres, and
    then concluded: "The tracks are leading that way". He pointed up to the side of the closest mountain.

"That'll probably mean we're going that way" Garan suggested, turning to the others.

3. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Hunter Strike

Strike wordlessly drew his gun out and turned off the safety, "Well, we may at least get something useful done." he muttered, following the others into the trees as they tailed Garan who was tracking at the front. But he remained at the back as both a rear guard and for the fact that something was bothering him. There was no trace of it on his face but if one looked closely enough they could see it. He was wary of the creature.

The Predator

It moved like a serpent through the branches, hardly reaching out to grip them with its hands before coiling around another limb and sliding over the snow to the next tree, the sun dappling its camoflauged hide. Dark fur could be seen on its shoulders, the occasional gleam of scales and a blur of leathery skin as it passed over the forest floor, the only thing marking its passing the occasional pine needle falling to the snow.

Then it paused and scented the air, its nostrils flaring pink and its red eyes narrowing.

"That'll probably mean we're going that way." a male voice said, and the creature scented human. But that wasn't what had drawn its attention . . .

A low growl rumbled in its throat and the creature stilled, invisible to to the naked eye -high as it was in the trees.

"W.A.R-Beast. That is what you are my precious one. It is your job to . . ." the kind words faded into an abrupt blast of agonizing pain as a new voice was heard. Cold, brutal. The smell of chemicals and fear scorched its nose. Him.

The creature stifled another growl as it saw the group come within sight. The man was at the rear -letting the humans shield it from a frontal attack. Clever, but not without its own weaknesses . . .

It decided to let them know who was the predator, and who was the prey.

Dropping down out of the trees and several yards in front of the leading human, the creature let loose a high-pitched roar that shook the trees, showing gleaming fangs and flared wings. Rearing on it's hind-legs, the creature flicked its barbed tail from side to side, clenching its fists and opening them to stretch its muscles.

Fight Time!

(Now since this is the first combat experience in this RPG, i thought i would tell you guys how this works. Overall, your characters are the same, but when you attack or defend you must allow for things to happen. Example: Man flings a branch at a dog and strikes it. This is not accepted. More likely you should do it like this: Man flings a branch at a dog. This allows me as the GM to determine whether your attack suceeds or not.)

The creature is revealed a some kind of dragon, and lashes its tail at Garan, aiming to parylize him with its venom. Dodge or Take Damage?

4. BritInFrance

Magda McFarlin

Magda followed the young man. She couldn't see any tracks in the snow, but he seemed to know where he was going. She looked behind her. The general had dropped back. He drew his weapon. He muttered something to himself, but she couldn't hear a word above the noise of snow being crushed under foot. She really didn't trust this guy.

A roar, snapped Magda's head around. Something dropped from the trees, in front of her. She gasped and instinctively drew both her handguns. She crouched to the floor, and took aim. What the hell was that thing?

She couldn't get a clean shot. The boy stood in the way.

“Jump!” she thought, her finger on the trigger, as the creature's tail swung round towards the youth.

5. Eclipseangel

Eclipseangel Member

Garan Letarim

Suddenly, something emerged from the forest. It looked very much like a gryphon, though Garan didn't get a good look before it flung It's tail at him.
    In one motion, Garan drew his rifle and jumped down on the ground.
    He turned around, put a bullet in the chamber of his gun and fired against the thing. It was a .308 round, so it should probably hurt the thing. He hoped.

6. Keitsumah

Fight Time!

When Garan ducked beneath the creature's tail and fired a bullet, the creature blinked in surprise as the round glanced harmlessly off its hardened scales. Hissing, it turned around and faced the humans fully, half-spreading huge, bat-like wings and lowering its body until it stood on all fours. Fur rippled along its spine, and the creature growled, revealing white fangs as it moved forwards, walking on the knuckles of its hand-like forepaws whle the hind legs -resembling that of an eagle's- dug into the snow and braced its body for any hard impact. It was not interested in them. It wanted to kill what they were blocking from its reach.

Strike gritted his teeth and fired a green syringe at the thing's head, and the creature screamed -an awful sound that grated against everyone's ears. Rearing back, the beast snatched at its face, clawing away the needle before the syringe could plunge its contents into the animal's forhead.

It is your job, your purpose . . . the words haunted it, and its pupils dilated suddenly, capturing everyone in its gaze as red suddenly became black. A moment passed, and then Strike cursed and scrambled to get another bullet from his pocket, but the creature had memorized all of them for their appearance, scent, and presence-feel.

"It's imprinted on us damn it -shoulda hit it in the eye like i wanted to. Damn you Doc -why make something like this that can turn against you?" Striek cursed, backing away, his face pale.

The creature loomed above Garan, but its gaze was curently elsewhere. Focused on Strike.

It stepped forwards, trapping Garan between its forelegs as it stood over him, now facing Magda. The creature reared its head back and hissed menacingly as it caught sight of the bang-pain thing, snapping powerful jaws as an even more powerful foreclaw snatched Garan up from the gorund, pressing a claw against his throat. It was smart, very smart. It knew when and how to defeat humans.

The creature lowered its head and took another step forwards, Garan in its foreclaw. Something began to well up in the sack at the base of its chin where the throat connected to its head. Fight or flee?

7. BritInFrance

Magda McFarlin

Magda was surprised at the boys speed. He jumped out of the way and shot at the beast before she could fire a round.

"It's imprinted on us damn it -shoulda hit it in the eye like i wanted to. Damn you Doc -why make something like this that can turn against you?"

The dragon-thing took hold of the boy. It steped right over Magda. She thought she saw something in it's eye when it saw her weapon.

It's eye. Perhaps the general wasn't so useless, after all.

Magda took aim at the reptile-like eyes and pressed the trigger.

8. Keitsumah

Fight Time!

The creature screamed, dropping Garan and rearing back on its hind legs, Its tail lashed out around it wildly, causing everyone to back away lest they be struck by its barbed point. Blood gushed from the wound in its eye and the creature snarled, muzzle curling to reveal rows of hooked teeth. It spat a glob of what could only be acid at Magda's feet, scorching the ground and causing it to melt several feet down.

Stumbling back and glaring at Magda with one good eye -its pupil dilated to a thin slit- the creature hissed as it decided that now was not the time to chance defeat. Flaring its huge, bat-like wings the creature pumped madly for the air, its hind-claws gouging into the earth. Striek fired off several bullets from another gun he had managed to pull out from his holster, but only managed to get several small holes in the creature's right wing before it vanished over the treetops.

Fight Over!

(Magda is rewarded with an updated sniper-rifle and three syringes-which can be picked up at the base later on)

Hunter Strike

"Everyone all right?" Strike asked, still watching the air lest it come back again, "That thing's grown more . . . and in winter . . ." he gritted his teeth and stifled a curse.

Lowering his gun after deciding that it had been chased off effectively, Strike walked over to Garan who lay stunned on the ground, "That thing is called a W.A.R-Beast. And for good reason. I don't think it did more than bruise you kid." he said as he examined Garan with keen sulfur eyes.

W.A.R-Beast

The creature snarled as it picked the bullet out of its eye, blood trickling down its jaw. Glaring at the tiny metal ball, it flung the thing angrily away to be lost in the trees. It had seen its enemy, but it had had defenders . . . that required new methods to take them on.

"See this? You need to bring it over to the red ring on the other side . . ." a voice echoed in its mind, reminding it of the constant "tests" it had been put through to teach it how to deal with things that it was not familiar with. The creature snapped its fangs and spread its wings again, heading back to the abandoned cabin many miles away. I needed to guard the humans it had taken there -as well as make sure none had escaped. That would be bad. It needed to keep them safe. It was not safe out there any longer, and though the human that had guarded it the night it had broken out could not seem to understand why, the creature knew that it was doing what was best.

That was what it had been made for, after all.

9. Question

Question Active Member

Art Green

He had just stood by and watched as that thing had attacked. He had frozen. When the creature came out all he could think about was that day, the day Peter died. When the beast lunged at Garran he saw the beast tearing peter to shreds, he could already smell the teal like stench of blood in the air. He had panicked and he would never forgive himself for that. Next time he would kill that beast.

He looked over at the other members of this search party sucked from his stupor by Strikes words.

"That thing is called a W.A.R-Beast. And for good reason. I don't think it did more than bruise you kid."
    Magda had done the most out of anyone it seemed. She was tough that was for sure, she had handled that situation with the greatest of ease. Frankly he was embarrassed by his momentary catatonic state. He walked over to the kid Garran, and offered him his hand to help him up.

“That’s some balls you got there, you almost got yourself killed.”

He then turned to Strike obviously angered, “You didn’t tell us that thing could fly sarge. If you keep omitting important information will all end up like bambi over there.”

10. BritInFrance

Magda McFarlin

Magda made a show of checking her weapons. She was shaken, and didn't want the others to notice. It the heat of the battle she had acted on instinct. As she was trained to do. But that thing... that thing, was something that was way outside of her normal experience. Joe Kirk obviously knew she would have thought it a hoax if he had told her they had bred a dragon. She'd have laughed.

“You didn’t tell us that thing could fly sarge. If you keep omitting important information will all end up like bambi over there.” It was the man she had seen by the town hall who spoke. The one she nearly bumped into. The one with the look of hunger. He was helping the other kid, the one who had been attacked.

She looked over at the general. This guy owed them some answers.

“You gonna tell us what was in that gun that you fired at that thing, General?” she said.

11. Keitsumah

Hunter Strike

"My apologies, but for starters that thing couldn't fly before when it escaped. . .," a troubled expression came to his face as he recalled the incident, "I think the Doc may have given it a few more upgrades than i was aware of, and from what i saw that thing is going to get a whole lot tougher from here on out if my hunch is correct. It now knows our appearance, scent, and something else that the Doc said but I can't remember -something scientific."

"As for what i just used, that is classified." he said, sheathing his gun in its holster, "Just consider it something we can use to our advantage if i get a clean shot. Right now i think we just need to worry about the fact that that thing had no wings when it got out three days ago -and now its grown wings and several feet longer to boot. We should get back to base, so we can gear outselves up for the next time we get at this thing. And Doc might be able to give us some tips on this thing's weaknesses -he's the one responsible for their creation to begin with."

12. Eclipseangel

Eclipseangel Member

Garan Letarim

The guy with the short brown hair and muscles helped Garan up. He immediatly turned to the woman who had saved him.

"Thanks for saving me" he said to her.

"My apologies, but for starters that thing couldn't fly before when it escaped. . .," a troubled expression came to his face as he recalled the incident, "I think the Doc may have given it a few more upgrades than i was aware of, and from what i saw that thing is going to get a whole lot tougher from here on out if my hunch is correct. It now knows our appearance, scent, and something else that the Doc said but I can't remember -something scientific."

"As for what i just used, that is classified." he said, sheathing his gun in its holster, "Just consider it something we can use to our advantage if i get a clean shot. Right now i think we just need to worry about the fact that that thing had no wings when it got out three days ago -and now its grown wings and several feet longer to boot. We should get back to base, so we can gear outselves up for the next time we get at this thing. And Doc might be able to give us some tips on this thing's weaknesses -he's the one responsible for their creation to begin with
    ."

That was certainly troubling. It didn't seem like they would meet the monster again, but he put another round in his gun, just to be sure.

"How 'bout we call the thing Deathwing?" he said with a smile.

13. Keitsumah

Hunter Strike

"How 'bout we call the thing DeathWing?" Strike turned at the boy's words and gave him a hard glare.

"One -don't name it something like that unless you want it to kill you. Two -it is properly called Project Zero, but many other names have been used. That reminds me . . ." he pulled at the radio on his shoulder and glanced at the others before speaking into it:

"Doc, send in Rai-

"Good God, Strike! What happened! Did she-" another man answered but Strike cut him off.

"We are all fine, Gerome. We need you to send in-

"I keep telling you she wouldn't hurt anyone, but you go ahead and take the assumption that-

"Gerome! I don't have time for this!" Striek yelled, exasperated, "Send in the Prototype right now!"

Static cut through for a moment, then the man named Gerome replied, "He's just been traquilized -it might not be safe for him to move right now-

"I don't care, that just means we'll have less trouble on our hands. Now send him!" Strike barked. Then he cut off the radio and crossed his arms. They would have to wait a bit. But that wasn't what made his skin crawl.

"Working here wasn't my choice to begin with just so you know." he said to no one in particular. He hated having to deal with crazy experiments like this -and they hated him just as much.

14. Depressing Jester

Depressing Jester New Member

Stephen walked for what must of been hours, carrying on in a direction he assumed the bear had gone. He sighed, but was content with the fact that at least he was getting some exercise out of it. The snow was coming down softly, painting a scenic picture of the forest. It was snowing at the station then.

Or was it raining?

His memory could be a fickle thing, but then again, it had been a long time since he allowed himself to dwell on such a thing. He remembered feeling colder than he ever felt that day, colder than even the winters spent huddled and shivering in this harsh mountain, but colder still was the metal ring he clutched so dearl-

A deafening screech broke from the sky, breaking Stephen's train of thought. He looked up and so a blurred shape bursting from the cloudline to smash upon the ground yards away in a puff of dirt and snow. For once in his life instinct overrided curiosity and Stephen ducked behind a thick patch of snowy underbrush. He clutched his rifle tightly to himself, trying to gain control of his racing heart and desperately resisting the urge to light a cigarette.

15. BritInFrance

Magda McFarlin

Hearing the exchange over the general's radio, Magda drew both her handguns.

“Boo-hoo, you don't like your job. Get over it, General. I'll tell you what I can't stand: being taken for a fool. I'll tell you something else: you can shove your 'Classified' up your jacksie*. We've earned a lot more respect than you have shown us. I don't know about the rest of you, but I could do with a few less surprises. Why don't you tell us what this 'prototype' is?”

*jacksie is British slang for butt.

16. Keitsumah

Hunter Strike

The general actually looked at the guns aimed at him and shrugged, a strange look of confidence coming to his eyes. He would have dared her to fire and see what came of it, but that wouldn't be much fun to begin with.

Instead, he raised his hands in a sign for peace and said, "Fine, you wanna know what the Prototype is, well i figured i'd show off the fact that we at least have another one under our control -happy now?"

His last words were punctuated by the sudden appearance of a large, black dragon running through the trees, its wings clasped tightly to its body as its serpentine frame moved back and forth between the trees, red eyes gleaming. The thing was easilly twice as big as the creature they had just fought off.

"Whoa!" came a shout from a man riding on its back, and the creature's head was pulled back sharply as reins were tightened in his grip. Coming to a skidding halt ont he edges of the clearing, the creature danced like an excited stallion on its toes, the club-like end of its tail flicking back and forth as its eyes rolled. The beast snorted and finally settled, and the man pulled off a helmet, revealing a face that belonged to a boy not many days out of boot camp.

"Raider and Private Hanson reporting!" he panted, his face flushed. A silly grin was on his face, and it was clear he rather enjoyed being on the back of a creature that could easilly swallow him without a bat of an eye. Blinkign at the alarmed stares he was receiving, he looked at the general and an eyebrow quirked.

"Uhhh, sir excuse me if I'm late -Raider's just had his trank's and I only could bring him at a run. Flying was out of the question." he said, soundign puzzled before Raider snorted and lunged at a nearby tree, makign the rider focus on his mount for a moment.

Hopping off the W.A.R-Beast's back, he grinned pridefully.

"Heh -didn't know the only stud we got could make even human girls gawk." he said.

*tranks: Tranquilizers

17. BritInFrance

Magda McFarlin

Magda almost shot the general. Just for the hell of it. She knew she was being played for a fool.

“Right now i think we just need to worry about the fact that that thing had no wings when it got out three days ago -and now its grown wings and several feet longer to boot” he had said not 10 minutes ago. Then another one turns up with wings. Not only that but is ridden on by one of his men who (according to the general), apparently were too scared to leave the base. Bull-crap (as these Yanks would say): bollocks, in plain Limey.

Her best chance of finding out what happened to Joe was to make it to the Base. And the best chance of getting in there, without killing a few innocent guards, was to tag along with general dickhead. As long as she could control the urge to stick a hole in the middle of his forehead.

“Pleased to meet you, Private Hanson,” Magda said. “I would expect a bit more respect for a senior officer, even from an American. Stand to attention Private.”

18. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

A land far far away, in a time long forgotten.
    Introducing Wing

Wing moved slowly through the woods. Even though her sight was long lost, the girl seemed to know where to tread. She walked silently through the forest like a ghost and gracefully like a proud stag. Her head was held high to pick up any sounds that might inform her of danger. She heard heavy wings beat in a steady rhythm heading her way, a smile formed on her lips, one of the majestic birds must have caught dinner for his family. She found a clearing and stopped to rest. If she wasn't mistaking, she was still far away from civilization. She enjoyed being out in the forest, far away from cities and the dangers they represented. She shuddered at the thought of cars she barely had time to notice, before there were someone shouting at her to move out of the way. A small bird landed on her shoulder, singing happily. She pulled the dry bread she had gotten from a farmer, out of her pocket and handed some of it to the bird. There was always short on food for the songbirds in the winter. Sighting peacefully she continued to scratch the bird at the special place in the neck. She knew she would take a single bird over lots of annoying people anytime.

19. Keitsumah

Hunter Strike

Private Hanson immediately stiffened and gave Magda a respectful salute, but a strange badge on his shirt caught the light. It appeared like a dragon in flight and had the word W.A.R emblazoned on it.

"I'm here to take you guys back to base -apologies if Raider is a bit jumpy but something started bugging him and Taiga the week before she escaped. We have to keep him on daily doses of tranquilizers at the moment and only the general could have the strings to call him out. Not that I mind, he needs his excercize-" his rambling was abruptly cut off when Raider turned his head and looked at the others, nostrils flaring. A low growl rumbled in his throat when he caught sight of General Strike. Private Hanson laughed, "Jeez Genral -they never seem to like you."

"Feeling's mutual." Strike replied curtly, one hand on the holster of his gun. Then, he walked forwards and grabbed one of the many spines running alogn the creature's back and swung himself on. The W.A.R-Beast was easilly long enough to carry them all, and a row of seat-like pads showed that the creature had been trained to carry heavy loads if his bulk wasn't proof enough, "Let's get going -I'm sure these kids have a lot of questions for Doc, and I need another re-load."

Hanson nodded and said "Down." to Raider, who obligingly lowered his head and body until he lay flat on the ground. Carefully helping everyone on and into their seats, he directed them to strap themselves in because falling out would not be a good idea.

Once everyone was safely seated and tied down, Hanson took his own place and grabbed the reins, turning Raider to the forest and letting him take his own pace through the trees -which turned out to be a ground-eating lope similar to that of a horse.

It became a strange fact that the creature was perfectly fine -even freindly almost- to the others, but when it came to Strike it clearly would like nothing more than to rip him to shreds.

The W.A.R-Beast

It pawed at its eye again, groaning in pain as blood continued to trickle down its muzzle and spattered on the snow. Pain. Bad pain. Bang-Pain. it kept thinking, and its tail flicked from side to side as it limped along -having crashed into the snow due to lack of sight on its right side.

Then its head casme up sharply and it scented the air, nostrils flaring. Human. There was a human nearby. A low hiss came from its throat as it remembered those who had the bang-pain things, but this one didn't smell like that. Crouchung, it moved forwards silently over the snow, its one good eye flicking from one direction to the next to catch any movement. Its dark brown and green skin would keep it camaflouged against anything, but it couldn't be sure that this one wasn't dangerous.

Then it spotted the human. A small girl with a bird -which quickly chirruped an alarm call and took off as it spotted the beast- was eating some bread, looking perfectly harmless.

Taking several cautious steps forwards, the creature extended its neck until its muzzle was within several inches of the girl and sniffed tentatively.

20. Question

Question Active Member

Art Green

His eyes were wild, he couldn’t believe what was happening. He held his shotgun tightly in his lap. He could just imagine pumping six round of lead into the beast he was now strapped into. It had taken all of his will power to not shoot this private hanson and is abomination of a pet on sight, but he knew he was no match by himself. His revenge could wait, he’d waited six long years in a mental hospital, what was another few days, months even, compared to that. He would have to find a solid way to kill these beasts, all of them, so he’d bide his time, learn as much as he could, join this secrete club, then after all the dust settled he’d burn the military base to the ground and put a bullet in each thing or person that he felt deserved his just retribution.

He turned towards magda and whispered, “Look, I don’t trust any of this. Strikes been withholding information from the beginning and I don’t like the looks of the boy wonder Hanson and his pet sparky." He glanced over at the other passengers quickly to make sure no one was listening.

"I mean come on! We just learned that they have their own giant pet monster, the same kind of creature that attacked us, the same thing that killed your friend. You saw what that thing was capable of, do you really want these things loose in the world? How many more of these things are going to escape? Your in the military does this seem like standard protocol? Now, I know we just met but If this thing goes bad, and it will go bad, I’d feel a whole lot better If I had someone I could trust. You understand?”

21. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

A land far far away, in a time long forgotten.
    Wing

Taking several cautious steps forwards, the creature extended its neck until its muzzle was within several inches of the girl and sniffed tentatively.

Wing resisted the urge to gasp at what she sensed in front of her. She was amazed by this majestic and beautiful creature. She immediately relaxed all her muscles and lowered her head. The last thing she wanted was to appear as a threat. Never before had she witnessed anything like this, not even close. She made sure her hands was held away from her body, when faced with something new, the best course of action was to take every precaution. She had picked up a few tricks in her time out in the wild, some of them was the signs animals used to signalize friendship, or at least to tell them she wasn't a threat. She stood completely still and allowed the creature to come closer.

22. BritInFrance

Magda McFarlin

Magda had ridden in helicopters, transporters, a tank, and (as a child) she'd ridden horses. She'd begged her mother for riding lessons, for months. Her mother saved up and after her very first lesson, Magda begged her mother to not make her go again. Her mother had made her continue. She'd hated it, but she'd learnt two things; one, how to ride a horse; two, never ask for anything, because you might just get what's coming to you.

Horse riding was nothing to being strapped on to the back of a giant lizard with wings (she'd decided for her own sanity she couldn't continue to refer to the beast as a dragon). The kid from the Town Hall (Hungry Eyes) was sitting in front of her. He turned in his seat, and spoke to her in a low voice.

“Look, I don’t trust any of this. Strikes been withholding information from the beginning and I don’t like the looks of the boy wonder Hanson and his pet sparky." He glanced over at the other passengers quickly to make sure no one was listening.

"I mean come on! We just learned that they have their own giant pet monster, the same kind of creature that attacked us, the same thing that killed your friend. You saw what that thing was capable of, do you really want these things loose in the world? How many more of these things are going to escape? Your in the military does this seem like standard protocol? Now, I know we just met but If this thing goes bad, and it will go bad, I’d feel a whole lot better If I had someone I could trust. You understand?”

Magda nodded. At least she wasn't the only one who thought this whole thing was nuts. She leaned towards him.

“I don't think these guys are Military.” Her voice was low, barely more than a breath. "These beasts are the least of our worries: it's their masters we need to watch out for. Once at the base, follow my lead. Keep on your guard, kid. Trust no one.”

23. BritInFrance

Duplicate post

24. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

Thomas Berony

Thomas hopped out of a tree and landed a few feet before the others. He clapped his hands slowly as he approached the rest of the group. "Quite the show" he said with a smile. He cocked his head and looked at the other creature. "No offense, but I'd rather walk" he said with a smile to the creature. He did not know if it would understand or not but from what he had seen, these creatures were intelligent. He nudged his head ever so slightly and then returned his gaze towards the others. "I stayed behind a bit, a sniper rifle won't help your from up close. I could have taken the shot but I-"

Thomas cut of his sentence, his mind racing for an excuse.

"But one of you got in the way, and it took off before I could pull the trigger, so yea. Too bad." Thomas said with a smile.

"General, perhaps next time we should equip more lightly, I was expecting we would stay here and hunt it down, and I packed for that." Thomas said as he tightened the straps of his rucksack. He had brough a sleeping bag, an emergency kit, food for five days and plenty of water. "and I agree with Magda, if you want us to help you, you shouldn't hold things back. This thing has wings" Thomas said pointing to the friendly creature "and yet you claimed you did not know when your Project Zero attacked."

"Just saying" Thomas said as he shrugged.

25. Keitsumah

Hunter Strike

"There are two types of these creatures as far as i know." Strike responded. "Project Zero was one of the . . . unpredictable cases. The Prototype here -" he said, giving the beast he rode a slight kick in the ribs which made it growl, "Was expected to have wings along with many other things. Doc is working on the third type as we speak -Project One. I think it's supposed to have four wings if i'm not mistaken . . ."

"Yeah, X-wing, General." Hanson said, but a sad look came to his face, "We've gone thorugh a thousand eggs and one finally hatched -but when i left Doc was trying to revive it. Poor little guy's heart gave out." He turned to pat Raider's head, and the creature rubbed its muzzle against the private's chest, making an odd purring noise.

"If you guys are wonderign why there aren't more of us . . . well -I'm Raider's handler. Joe Kirk is Project Zero's."

"You don't know if he's alive, Private." Striek said darkly, and Hanson shrugged.

"Sir, don't you remember what W.A.R stands for? Winged unit of Arial Rescue."