Rhapsody (Fantasy)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Oasis Writer, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bick

Bick New Member

Name: Adelaide Bequem(Bick-Fame)
    Notable Aliases: Adele, Addy.
    Race: Human? Ish. (She has huge wings. Angel? But then that doesn’t seem possible.)
    Birthplace: Unknown. Raised in Greava.
    Eyes: Hazel
    Hair: Dark Brown
    Height: 5’2
    Weight: 135
    Family:

* Parents: Died when she was very very young. Raised by her Uncle Thomas Bequem.
    * Siblings: None
    * Genealogical Descendants (Same DNA): N/a
    * Wife: Unmarried
    * Descendants: N/a

Attire: Orange top and bottom, soft cotton. Light orange cloak, covers her large white wings. Golden pendant in the shape of a heart that she wears on her wrist.
    Weapon of Choice (Max of two): Bow/Arrow, Dagger
    Weapon Description: Made of hard wood, and strong elven string, red handled dagger, 7-inch blade.
    Notable Powers (Max of two): Wings(flight). Knowledge of the kitchen(cooking? xD)
    Description: Quite a friendly person, always a smile on her face. Very Outgoing. Loud.

My hands shook as I walked through the ruined streets of Greava. The burnt smell was lessened from the cool fresh air. I wrung my hands to fight back the tears. He had vanished just after the commotion, no where to be seen. Thomas, her one and only family member. She leaned against the side of a nearby building, and could feel the grief building up in her throat. She took deep breaths trying to sedate her sadness. Unfortunately, she failed and let out an agonized cry. She quickly covered it, coaxing out laughter.

She looked up, and saw a young man, very much taller then her with white hair just feet from her. She could feel her face turn red in embarrassment.

“Heh.” She said, pawing at the snow with her foot, “You know how it is. When you think of something funny.”

1 person likes this.
  2. Oasis Writer

Oasis Writer Contributor Contributor

The person was in orange, a fanciful color to be in, but not necessarily the smartest to dress if trying to stay hidden. I didn't care in any which case. Her words were kind, very soft spoken.

“Heh.” She said, pawing at the snow with her foot, “You know how it is. When you think of something funny.”

I stopped, stared, and responded. "What's funny?"

She turned red at the check and looked away, quickly making her way down the street where I had been going. Was she leading me to my own house? I certainly hoped not. I couldn't help but think this was a game to her, but in any which case, I had to beat her there. For some reason, I felt a smile across my face, even though the scenery didn't fit the mood. Flames still covered the town, and bodies laid everywhere.

And I was smiling; racing a girl to my house.

In any which case, it made me laugh on the inside. I straighten my face and moved quicker than I had before. She had a head start.

3. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

I sat there in the middle of the road just feeling that I had just been left behind so i wouldn't get into trouble.

Just me and that scary girl. I thought as i looked up at her and found my eyes lingering. "Hey it's your first time alone with a girl isn't it." Aquarius said into my ear and I felt my self blush as I looked down.

"Shut up." I said weakly.

"Isn't that sweet." he teased softly. "You should at least introduce your self." I ignored him and quickly pulled out a small wooden block to widle away at, and to keep my eyes on something.

4. Bick

Bick New Member

I could feel my face turn tomato red, and I quickly looked the other way, and trudged forward. I went at a quick pace, wanting to get past the man as quickly as possible. I slowed my breathing, and put my mind on other things. I had to find Thomas, if he was alive that was. I dug my nails into my arm. No. He was alive. He had to be.

I took a quick look behind, and saw the man following me. I quickly flung my neck forward, acting as if I had seen nothing. He didn’t look scary, just normal. But with all that had happened, who knew. I quickened my pace into a slow run, slowly sticking my hand into my cloak. My hand wrapped itself around my dagger, and I stopped suddenly. My hand shook, and I turned around.

“Why..” I started, only to have him race right past me, towards the homes not far from us.

5. Oasis Writer

I passed her! I was going to make it. I laughed on the inside, knowing that I was going to get there first. I hadn't caught it instantly when it happened, but the words finally caught up. She said why. I looked back, noticing she was on her knees. Had I accidently hit her? No...I hadn't. It would have jarred my sprint.

What happened?

I slowed down, looking back upon her and then slowly made my way back. What was I going to say? Sorry I chased after you. It wasn't personal, I just had to beat you? No, that was stupid, and rude. It sounded like she was crying. I felt pitiful. Had I been the reason?

I walked up behind her, placed my hand on her shoulder and bent beside her.

"Are you okay, milady?"

6. Bick

Bick New Member

As he passed me, I could feel all control of my emotions leave me. The tears flew down my face like a violent downpour. I fell to my knees, feeling weak from the sudden emotion. I lost grip of my dagger and it fell into the snow with a thud.

My hand came upon the trinket on my wrist. The last, and only thing that I had gotten from my parents, besides the wings.

Suddenly, I heard the man say “Are you okay, milady?”

I quickly got up from my knees, and grabbed the edge of my cloak wiping the tears from my face. I took a deep breath, and turned around to face him.

“Yes, of course.” I said, with a smile, “Just dropped… something.”

I looked down, and grabbed my dagger from the snow. I tugged on my cloak, as I attempted to put the dagger back in it’s place. I gave a startled yell as I managed to tug too hard, and my cloak glided down my back and onto the snow. My wings stretched out, barely missing the man’s head.

"I'm so sorry!" I blurted out, blushing once more.

1 person likes this.
  7. Darkthought

Darkthought Active Member

Adrastus Aleksandr

Name: Adrastus Aleksandr
    Notable Aliases: Stray, Aleksandr
    Race: Men of the Mountains
    Birthplace: Lootah
    Eyes: Blue-gray
    Hair:Long, black, and dirty looking
    Height: 6,3
    Weight:190 lbs
    Family: A clan of warriors with a reputation for having participated in many of the central events in the continent's history.

* Parents: Mother; Anzhelina Aleksandr, Father; Gunvor Aleksandr
    * Siblings: Brother; Veli Aleksandr
    * Genealogical Descendants (Same DNA): N/A
    * Wife: N/A
    * Descendants: N/A

Attire: A thick, gray wool cape, heavy black leather boots with spurs for riding, a black cotton shirt under a gray leather vest, black leather pants, gray leather gloves.
    Weapon of Choice: A long, two handed sword and a long bladed dagger.
    Weapon Description: The two-hander is a beautiful weapon. Its hilt is worked in the style of a hawk in flight. The blade is long and seems to be in constant motion, like the wind. The length of the blade is engraved with the word "Odion", meaning Brother of Twins. The dagger's hilt is worked in the style of a swooping dove and its blade is slightly curved. It is colored black and silver as is Odion. The length of its blade is engraved with "Kissa", meaning Sister of Twins.
    Notable Powers (Max of two): Healing, the other is not so much a power as it is an uncanny skill with his weapons.
    Description: Looks like a typical human, only with the characteristics of those that dwell in the mountains. His muscle mass is slightly more than the average man, as is his height. His eyes are also another trait of his people. He does not talk much of his past, or anything at all for that matter. In the North his family is well known, as are his exploits. He is rumored to has slain many fantastic monsters and traveled all over the continent. As a result of his far wanderings he has earned himself the name Stray. He is also called by his famed clan name, Aleksandr.

2 people like this.
  8. Oasis Writer

It took more agility than I was prepared for to dodge white wings coming from under me. I looked at the magnificent size of them. My eyes were a little wide, and for her to have to look into them, was probably making her feel bad. I straightened my gaze and smiled.

"It's okay," I reassured her. "They're gorgeous."

She blushed.

"So, what were you running for?" I asked innocently, gesturing her towards my home. I hadn't forgotten my mission.

She looked like she was thinking her answer over. I let her be for the moment. I looked up towards my home, which the fire hadn't reached yet. I sighed, before looking a little further into what I was seeing.

My lantern was lit.

I narrowed my eyes. That's not how I left it.

I looked at the girl beside me and, again, felt terrible for abandoning yet another person.

"Something is terribly wrong." I started, "I'm going to have to move on. If you want to follow, you'll need to keep up, but please be safe. Don't get in the way if blades swing. I don't want you getting hurt."

She started to speak, making me wait just a moment longer. I looked at my house as her words entered my ears.

9. Bick

Bick New Member

My heart sunk as I saw how wide his eyes became. Another person to be afraid of me.

"It's okay," I reassured her. "They're gorgeous."

I blushed, but smiled.

I quickly bent over, grabbing hold of my cloak and dagger. I gently managed the dagger in it’s place on my belt, and placed the cloak in my satchel.

"Something is terribly wrong." He said, "I'm going to have to move on. If you want to follow, you'll need to keep up, but please be safe. Don't get in the way if blades swing. I don't want you getting hurt."

I paused, looking at the urgency in his voice.

“I’ll follow.” I answered, pulling my bow from it’s resting place on my shoulder, “I’ll be right behind you.”

10. Oasis Writer

I smiled, but dropped it quickly to look at my house. If it was still in there, I would even resort to killing them if I had to. It was sad, but I couldn’t lose the only thing I had left in my past. I pulled out my sword, and started trudging towards my house, staying closer to the trees as I could. Behind me, the woman followed closely, her arrow at the ready. I felt silly sneaking up on my own home.

The light went out suddenly, though the lantern was lit from the inside of the house. Someone had blown it out.

I stopped, looked back at her, and then back at my house.

“How accurate a shot are you?”

She didn’t answer, and I didn’t look back to see why.

“Can you do me a favor? Shoot a few at the windows.”

11. Oasis Writer

Arrows flew across the sky towards my house. I felt dirty, but I couldn't allow it. My window's shattered. She was a very good shot. I told her to continue shooting through the windows as I started to move towards my house again.

Behind my house, several yards away, were more houses that were burning and colapsing. I could see people everywhere, some looking like Greavans, and others looking like the Dark Ones. They were fighting in the shadows.

I finally reached the front of my house, leaning against the wall and waited. A few more arrows flew by my head into the window. I could hear the arrows stabbing through the wood, some breaking vases that I had, and some hitting random objects I had.

I sighed. I was going to have to enter sooner or later and confront this.

12. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

The smell of blood was long gone by now. The trees gave a sad cry and I touched them with my smooth hands trying to comfort them, but then again I couldn't do anything much for them because my people were dead. My people were the people of the forest. They no longer existed. I remember when many soldiers burned down our forest and killed my people.
    But I could feel it a powerful force watching me or watching the forest. Something that wanted to kill these already dead trees.
    I could feel something bad in the air and I sense another being. Somewhere somewhere far away there was something going on.
    I had to go or else. I had to find someone...a savior or two.

13. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

I was walking on the winterous mud. I had to find the saviors soon or the forest would die. the tears of the forest were getting louder it entered my heart as if I were trees myself. I tried my best to avoid the villages or mass of people. I rather them not see me. A forest elf of the White Top Mountains. I was a wander and drifter.
    The smell of magic was being picked up by the wind. Something was happening in the white winterland. I knew cause I could feel it. I wondered what was going on, but as I ahve told myself I stay from the masses they may try to kill me.
    After all my family, firneds, and home were destroyed for another village. I didn't want to be killed. I needed to survive for my species.

14. Terra Valentine

Terra Valentine New Member

Sorry I've been gone so long!

The figure lunged for the man and the little girl. The man was not quick enough to move her out of the way.

But I was.

I leaped toward the figure causing his hold on the girl to weaken. I grabbed her and threw her aside. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the man take the girl and run in the direction of the burning city. He picked up what looked like a young boy on the way.

The figure had bright red, glowing eyes. And it was strong. Very strong. Like the strength of a vampire or worse. A werewolf. My mortal enemy had long since showed its face in these lands and I couldn't be sure if that's who it was, but the strength....

The strength...

We struggled, one overpowering the other again and again. I tore chunks from his flesh and, in return, I was scathed. After minutes of the battle I had it pinned and the cloak flew off of its face.

"You'll never win the war! We shall return!" His eyes had turned black and his teeth were dangerously sharp. His face was pale white, but his skin. It burned against my own. I scrunched my face as I ripped his head from his body and flung it across the area into the flames. Purple smoke billowed from the pile. He was a hybrid. Half werewolf (I knew from the rapid change in eye color), half vampire (the pruple smoke gave that away). I hoped...no, no, no, I prayed, something I never did, that he would be the only one. He was a hybrid and I was lucky to have beaten him. Next time, if there was a next time, that may not be the case.

I stood. I knew this wasn't over, but what had he been talking about? We will never win the war? What war? And they would return. Who were they?

I looked up at the buildings and saw more figures bounding from rooftop to rooftop. Why did I have to be the one with the superhuman strength? I leaped to the nearest rooftop and began to sprint to the figures. They were fast, too. One by one they were beheaded, torn to pieces, and burned. Purple smoke filled the city.

Down below the rooftop I was on, I saw the man below me another figure in front of him. I crouched as the figure's sword swung upwards in a dramatic motion. Human's reactions were so slow. I lept and fell upon the figure. The man's eyes were wide and he quickly left.

The figure's head hung heavily in my bloody hand.

The man had run into a beautiful woman, angelic almost. With wings as white as snow. She was clothed in all orange. A little strange for my taste, but all the same...

The man was beaming at her and looks of curiosity and attraction were being exchanged. I felt a pang of jealousy in me. Strange. He was human.

They left in the direction of more burning houses. I beat them there. I entered the house that I assumed they were running to. It was the last one on the street. I went inside and turned on the lantern. Cozy. I looked around the house, examining things as I went. Studying. I went upstairs. Suddenly, I heard the door open and two people come rushing inside. The man said something that I couldn't hear, but the woman agreed to something and I heard arrows being shot through glass. Windows. I lept out of the second story window and took off. It wasn't 100 yards from the house when I ran into them.

The Dark Ones. Thousands of them. Thousands of glowing, red eyes with sharp fangs and pale skin.

Thousands upon thousands... of hybrids. The man and the angelic woamn walked up next to me at that moment. They both watched the massive army with wary eyes.

I felt my jaw drop and a bloody tear came to my eye.

15. Oasis Writer

I pushed the door open and entered. The arrows stopped as I entered, sword aloft. It felt natural to be infiltrating, though it felt awkward to be doing it in my own home. Nothing seemed out of place, excluding the arrow damages. I made my way up the stairs, towards my room. I knew where I had left it. I peaked over corners and looked for anything that would be suspicious. As I entered my room, I noticed nothing was touched, or so I thought.

I reached into my pillow case and pulled out a pendent. I reached into my pocket and pulled out a second pendent.

Two pendents: two of the things I had left from my past.

I placed both of them in my pocket and moved to my bookshelf. There was a small palm sized book on the shelf with white bindings. I grabbed it and opened. A small picture of a woman with light hair was smiling. It was black and white, but it was the third thing I had left. I shut the book and looked at it for a moment.

Laments of a Rhapsodist

My favorite play, though I had no memory of why.

I pocketed it and moved out of my room, stopping at the window that was facing north. My eyes widened as I then started moving down stairs at great speed.

Dark ones. Thousands of them.

There were people fighting them and I needed to help. I got outside and waved for the girl with the bow to come towards me. I turned to the side of the house and ran around, straight for the dark ones. I came up to the girl from the pub, who was completely in awestruck. I gripped my sword and looked at them, the angel girl grabbing arrows for her bow.

If it was a fight they wanted, it's a fight they were going to get.

16. Terra Valentine

Terra Valentine New Member

It was the three of us, virtually having a staring contest with the thousands of Dark Ones. They were still. We were still.

I wiped away the tear forcefully and licked the blood off of my hand. It tasted sweet, yet bitter. I hadn't had human blood in hundreds of years. My own blood didn't satisfy me, but I wasn't going to turn on the man and woman standing beside me. I had more discipline than that.

Many emotions went through my head. Fear. Anger. Sadness. Worry. How the HELL were we going to defeat these thousands of dangerous creatures? I was the only immortal on our side (I assumed we were on the same side). Perhaps the angelic woman had some sort of holy power, but I couldn't be sure. And the man? He was just a man. What could an immortal do?

Besides bring down a creature only seen in nightmares.

I blushed at the thought.

Questions also floated through my mind. The one burning in the back of my mind was picking a hole in my brain ever since I had seen the endless fires and the vampire in the "abandoned" cottage.

Why were vampires, hybrids, monsters of myth suddenly showing themselves, exposing themselves? I didn't make sense... Unless....

They were planning to take over.

They were planning a worldwide massacre.

17. Bick

Bick New Member

I followed him a few steps behind as we came up a home.

“How accurate a shot are you?” he asked.

I grinned, and pulled an arrow from my shoulder carrier. I put the arrow in it’s place, and pulled back on the string as tightly as I could.

“Can you do me a favor? Shoot a few at the windows.” He said.

I looked at the window, and aimed. The arrow shot out at mach speed, shattering the window. I quickly grabbed another arrow and continued to shoot through the windows of the home. I could hear the sound of splintering wood, and of shattering nic-nacs from inside the home.

I reached for one last arrow, as the man walked inside. I quickly put it away, placing my bow back onto my shoulder. I followed him into his home, picking up my arrows that laid around the house. I smiled to myself, only one broken arrow. I placed the unbroken arrows back in the carrier, and put the broken one in my satchel, I would fix it later. I walked from the house, as the man motioned for me to follow him to the north of the house.
    I first took note of a hooded woman, but my eyes turned wide as I saw thousands of dark figures staring at us. I stood next to the white-haired man, and quickly grabbed my bow, and placed one of the arrows in place, pulling back the sting tightly. My hand shook, as I stared blankly at the figures ahead of us. I had never been a fighter, but I knew I had to help. I took in a deep breath of air, and stood my ground.

18. Oasis Writer

Laments of a Rhapsodist spoke of lies and war, love and lose, and every other cliché thing in the book. I could only base my thoughts right now on what I had once read.

The figures started moving around a Nephilm girl in the distance. Felt like an ally. I looked at the two besides me and was about to speak when I noticed they had seen the girl as well. I looked back to make sure she was still okay.

We were wasting time standing still, but we couldn't do much right now. I started taking my first steps towards them when the girl from the pub grabbed my arm. Again, the strength that I could not understand. She shook her head.

I was about to detest when she pointed at a path that would lead us to the Nephilm girl and around the dark ones path just a little bit better. It was still suicidal, but standing still until they all noticed us completely was paving a deadlier path.

I nodded, and the three of us made our way northeast around the army of dark ones, the best we could, to come in contact with the Nephilm girl.

19. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

I could feel it coming closer. The feeling of the abyss and darkness. The forest cried a deep cry as ancient wood started to bend from the darkness. I saw in the corner of my eyes some Dark Ones.
    I sighed calmly and closed my eyes. I heard the whispers of the forest this was their end if a fight ensued here.
    The forest would be destroyed. The Dark Ones seemed to have a location talking in their langauge of dark hearts. I decided to follow them, but in the cover of the green forest. I snuck slowly watching them carefully. I found the forest began to get smaller and turned into a small willowed garden. A garden of a vampire I suppose. A house, and some fighters entranced me. I wondered, but then again my duty was to protect the forest.
    But they began yo head northeast. Were they going to see the Nephilim one. He wondered so he began to stay close to the green calmy and swiftly.
    he wanted to see what was going on without getting invovled.

20. Milady

Milady Active Member

Things were happening so swiftly. The Bad Ones were here, then they weren't. The man was here, then he vanished. The boy was still here, though, talking to that snakey thing. It whispered something in his ear. He blushed and snapped something back, then found a block of wood and began to carve it.

Sare wondered briefly whether he would bring his new creation to life, as he had the stone statue. The granite form was dead now. And where was the man, anyway? Sare was finding it hard to keep everyone straight--she had met many people in so short a time and had only learned one--two of their names. Funny, they probably were all having the same problem.

On a whim, she staggered over to the hunched form of the boy--Drake?--and grabbed his arm, interrupting his whittling. He looked up at her; she shook his hand quickly and muttered, "Hi, I'm Sare. Bye," and scuttled away.

Out in the open, she looked for the man. In the shadows across the street from her, a new stranger appeared. It looked like another woman, different from the first but powerful in that supernatural way. Nephilim, Sare thought, though she had never heard the word before and had no clue what it meant. The Nephilim didn't give her a feel of "bad", but it was best to be wary.

Sare padded up the street a little way only to come face-to-face with the Man and yet another new stranger. Wary, she clutched at her dagger, until the new woman turned around and displayed, to Sare's surprise, a pair of magnificent wings.

Sare had heard of angels. She decided to trust this one.

The man had turned to walk straight into the maw of the massing Bad Ones. And though he could probably take care of himself, Sare still felt obligated to pay him back for the trillions of times he had saved her life in the past few hours. She scampered up beside his elbow and grabbed his arm, pointing back the way she had come and to the Nephilim. It was all clear there.

The Angel looked at Sare with interest. The man nodded. The three of them picked their way back up the path to the street corner where Sare had first sighted the Nephilim.

Everyone looked at each other, and at the still-growing horde of Bad Ones.

Tension was thick.

21. Bick

Bick New Member

I lowered my bow, slowly releasing my hold on the string. I let the arrow lay limply in its position, ready for whatever was going to happen. I looked over as a little girl grabbed onto the white-haired man, and pointed in the direction of a silver-eyed woman. The group walked towards the woman, but my eyes were on the little girl. I had always loved kids, since I had been born with that strong maternal instincts. I wanted nothing more then to hold the child and keep her warm and safe. Suddenly, I heard the sound of quick footsteps. I turned around, and a little boy with a small dragon on his shoulder came running up to the girl. I smiled, more children. I quickly moved my gaze back to the horde in front of me.

I again pulled the string on the bow back, and waited. They had to make the first move.

22. Oasis Writer

I looked down at the girl as we all made our way to the path. I picked her up and put her on my shoulders. I didn’t see a reason for her to freeze her feet off. I looked up at her and smiled. It was time to get to know everyone. It wasn’t necessarily the best environment, but if we were going to die, I felt better dieing by friends than strangers.

“My name is Evan Amaryllis Del Blaine.” I said aloud, keeping my sights on the girl from the pub that lead the way.

She, surprisingly, was the first to reply. “Naomi.” Simple, and yet, very effective.

From my shoulders, the girl said, “Sare.”

From behind me, I heard a very familiar dragon, considering it was the first dragon I had met. "I'm Aquarious and he's Drake." I looked back to see Drake and his little pal.

The angel spoke last. “Adelaide Bequem.”

I smiled. That was everyone, I guessed.

“Okay, Naomi. Lead the way.”

23. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

"Hey. Hold on." I called out to the Sare, pocketing the now oddly shaped piece of wood. As I walked swiftly after her.

I stopped suddenly as I noticed an angel looking in our direction before returning her attention back on an army of thoughs creatures. "What's going on here?" Sare stood by a new guy, and I just slowly pulled my small knife out.

"I hope you ain't asking me?" Aquarius replied to my undirected question. He move higher on to my sholder and snapped his razor sharp teeth togeath lightly. "I think we're in over our heads." He added, as always stating the obvious.

24. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

I wanted to get a closer look from the non green plants. I began to step out, but still stay hidden. A snap of a twig, how could I be so careless? Then I fell over. I only hoped to god the masses didn't see me watching them. Or even see me. Elves were known in these times as spies and thieves.
    But that wasn't I. I was no spy and I was no thief. I was just an elf trying to protect a forest. I didn't want my forest to go away. I was connected to them like I was connected to my home that was destroyed.
    i was fairly shy since I only talk to wood and green leaves. I quickly moved back into the bushes, hopefully they hadn't seen me.

25. Bick

Bick New Member

I stepped back from the group. I placed my bow back onto my shoulder and put the arrow back in it’s carrier. I stretched out my wings, and began to flap them. I quickly took flight, and began circling around the general area. I playfully waved to the children, giving them the most pleasant smile I could make out. They smiled back.

I struggled to keep altitude with the lack thermals. I flew over the woods, and gasped as I saw a quick movement and a flash of white in the plant-life near the group. I quickly dove behind the area, pulling my dagger out. I landed with a gentle thud, right next to what appeared to be an elf clothed in white, with long platinum blond hair. He turned to look at me, a staff in his hand.

I flashed him my dagger, letting him know I wasn’t defenseless.

“Are you spying on us?” I said, eying(that doesn't look right, but that's what spell check said.) him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.