Self-publishing as a serious alternative?

Discussion in 'Traditional Publishing' started by El_Scubadiver, Aug 25, 2007.

Tags:
  1. badlandscafe

badlandscafe New Member

i should point out here that i took 10 years off, between 1998 & 2007 from writing novels. i helped create a zine during this time & worked on it...completely forgetting about novel writing. but the end point here is that: self-publishing can work out; the 1 i self published went well. as i said it can be found on line & i am glad that somebody is earning $ off it. & harbor zero regrets in putting it out there & or the cost, & am happy that it is out there because what ever $ i may have earned from it in 96-97 would be long spent but the book is there, still & forever.

2. Suzanne

Suzanne New Member

Self publishing sounds like an interesting option... Though I wouldn't have the money for some time to actually do it. I think, though, I would really only do self publishing if I had spent years and years sending it out to agents and publishers, and no one accepted it. It only takes one yes to make you forget all the billions of nos, though, and I'm bit of a stubborn person so I'd stick to the usual route, unless like was mentioned previously, I found that I was writing something that most publishers would distribute.

Of course, my novel is no where near finished, edited, and ready to send off, so I have lots, and lots of time to prepare!