Tales of Exzalia, death of magic.

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Exzalia, Oct 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Emery Rose

"Can't be sure your only here for the job now huh Miss Apple?" Pip said, showing a remarkable amount of guts to stand up to the bounty hunter, "Just so you know; I've dealt with your type before and don't think I won't keep my eye on you -so who hired you for my head?"

A small smile crept over Emery's lips when Pip stood up for herself in front of the infamous bounty hunter. Miss Apple, as Pip had called her, reminded her a bit of her old self. The uncaring, selfish, miserable little brat she used to be; wanting everything for herself, no matter the situation of others. This poor women hadn't learned yet.

"Pip, stop. Threats will get us nowhere," Emery spoke softly, "Besides, I've never seen her in my life, despite how famous she is supposed to be. And, she doesn't seem like the type to be after us, dear." Emery thought her brothers probably would give in to such a woman, but it was better to assume the latter.

Gracefully she stepped in front of Pip, giving Eris a hard stare. "Let's get a few things straight here, Miss. This Well of Darkness that we're being asked to go after, almost led us to our deaths. Riches aren't even worth the pay for getting it and the weak would receive their reward on their grave. Last time I almost died twice, helped kill a hundred mages, a priest, a lunatic woman, a necromancer, a dragon, and fought a merciless Queen who still lives to see the light of day. So, if I were you, I wouldn't take this job offer so lightly."

2. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

Half elves plight

"Um yes of course you will all be rewarded handsomely." Nesvi said sheepishly. She then turned to Lebry, "your theory and my own are similar, but standing here talking will solve nothing." Nesvi took out a map of known Exzalia and placed it on the table.
    "Currently the well of darkness is with Tess no? This will make finding it harder because now it is on the move. My sources say they have spotted him in Lore north of underwood. The fastest route by land is going through Grove but even then you may not make it in time." Nesvi then pointed to the oceans, "There is an even faster route through the sea, go west towards Caldon home of the scorch fiends, there is a ship waiting for you at one of their docks." She paused, "I must warn you, Exzalia's seas are dangerous many ships are lost there Please be careful.

Pyria's eyes grew large she looked around shyly at all the staring faces, she wanted to just curl up and hide. "heh your crazy, I like you." Another uncastable approached them, he seemed friendly but before Pyria could get to know him another approached them.
    The heavy footfalls sounded, Pyria was first to pick them up do to her hearing. She turned to see an Estalian delegate approaching. Pyria felt a strange sensation as he drew closer, she knew him from somewhere, but where?

"Two uncastables and a half breed, inside the Damirian royal palace. That incompetent queen is way too kind to filth like you." he spat at Pyra his flem landing on her shoe. Then stood back smiling, if she were smart she would say nothing, they all did. Half breeds knew better than to talk back to a delegate, especially one from Estal. Normally Pyria would let him have his way.

"A fat slob of ass is let into the Damirian palace. That incompetent queen is too kind to filth like you." she said mimicking his voice.

Bolstered by the mans pep talk she insulted him right back. Then smiled smugly to herself as she observed his reaction. Her smile smug soon faded as she realized what she had done. The man was steaming, his face turned murderous.
    "What did you say mutt?"
    "Nothing."
    Pyria turned to leave hoping he would leave her alone. The man grabbed her pointed ear as she turned to leave and yanked her back, she felt if her ear was being torn off.

The wanderer had seen enough, he wasn't going to let a grown man harm a defenseless young girl because of her race. But she signaled him not to intervene. If anything happened here it would only make things worse for the uncastables, worse for all of them, and any half elves still living in Estal. Sometimes you have to let what happens happen.

"I said what did you say!" He yelled.

"I said nothing sir." Pyria replied trying to stay calm. She gazed into his eye's, yes she had seen him before, but where?

He chuckled with satisfaction. "That's right mutt, know who your masters are." he let go of her ear. Pyria sighed in relief, had he been that much meaner he could of had her arrested, she closed her eyes and thanked the Goddess, then just to be safe she said thankyou to God as well. After she opened her eyes she noticed the delegate was staring at her funny. Calmly he said.
    "You're very exotic looking, even by half elf standards. Yes...very beautiful."

"Um...thanks? I'm going now."
    "I didn't say you could go mutt." He sneered. Pyrias patients was getting thin, her human emotions were starting to get the better of her.
    "Keep it together Pyria. Mom would never lose her cool."

She turned back around "yes sir?" She said trying not to sound annoyed.
    "I like how you obey, now stand still will you?"
    Pyria sneered in her heart, mustering all the self control she could she gritted her teeth saying.
    "Yes sir." Now leave me alone you fat piece of ass, you no good hog, you mother was a troll and your father is Nox himself!

She thought this while shutting her eyes trying to ignore him, then she experienced something she never saw coming.

The man, felt her crotch.

*BAM!*

Pyria fed him the fastest meanest fire bolt she ever weaved, her magic made more powerful do to her being a half breed, she sent the Delegate sailing through the air and crashing on a table, his weight smashed it breaking expensive looking artifacts. All this amidst a blast that sounded throughout the palace. She had done it so quickly she didn't even have time to think of the results of her actions.
    She just assaulted a delegate, she would be put in jail. No executed! Panic gripped her, she bolted down the hallways a distant voice yelling.

"Get that mutt! And bring her to me alive!"

3. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

Lebreus

After carefully checking that Lebraia wasn't near them on that moment. Lebry decided to remove his cloak, revealing his face... Although mature it still maintained the spark of young on it. The black hair was no longer tied into a ponytail, but it only reached his shoulders now, his blue eyes shone as always did, his skin was pale and crossed by a big scar on his lef cheek, probably done by Bangel. Perhaps the most funny detail was a mustache over his superior lip.

He asked something that anyone could had though.

"Traveling through the seas using a ship, couldn't you facilitate us a wind seer? it would be the best I think?. I know that there are some who wants to erradicate the uncastables, but besides those we don't have enemies, and they don't know us... we're famous, but known is different. Only Magnolia can identify us at most."

4. Exzalia

"Windseers went exstinct in Damiruu a year ago. Didn't you know?" Nesvi said sadly.
    The others gave her blank stares.
    "You mean you didn't know? I'm sorry you had to learn it from me, but 5 years ago there numbers plummeted, no one knows why. I heard some still live in Lore though...if you don't mind, I really don't want to talk about it. My own wind seer passed away during the time their numbers plummeted, to this day it's cries haunt me."

A small bang sounded off somewhere.

"Hmm...I didn't know they were doing magic practice already." Nesvi mused

5. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Will

"Hmm...I didn't know they were doing magic practice already."

"That sounded like it came from inside," Will said, hand on his sword. "Stay here your majesty." He said to the young queen and then dashed out of the room. Just then, Pyria ran past, a troupe of guards after her and a fat Estalian dignitary with scorch marks lying in a pile of broken finery. Crap.

"Get that mutt! And bring her to me alive!"

Will had to pick a side, and quick. Pyria, or the Estalians. He picked Pyria. Jumping in front of the guards, he said, "Whoa! I'm sure this is all just a big mis..." On of them took a swing at him. "Alright then." He said calmly as he grabbed the mans arm and punched him in the face. Another came at Will, but he kicked the guard in the knee and then uppercut him onto his back.

"Pyria, find your mom!" Will shouted while blocking another swing and jabbing another guard in the throat hard enough to put him on his knees coughing. This is not going to end well...

6. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

Crumpet

Faint sounds of explosions seeped through the door. "That's it," Crumpet declared and stood up from his chair, straightened his collar, and marched back out, throwing the door open- and nearly off the hinge. "SHUT UP OUT THERE!" Yet even as he yelled, several guards charged a young halfling. Reaching out, he neatly clotheslined the nearest guard before picking him back up and throwing him towards his peers. "Is this what we're doing? Bullying little girls?" He growled and let loose a sinister grin. "Okay then, who wants to get eaten first?"

7. Kademee

Kademee New Member

Avani Reed (Health: 100%) (Level 5)

Avani walked into the room, William at her side. He made his rounds of introductions while she stayed silent. And then the fight exploded at the door, with Will in the middle of it. "You bring us all together and three freaking seconds, we're in trouble again." I wonder what 'll blow up when Tess finally gets his but over here. Avani crossed her arms and sort of cocked an eyebrow in a disapproving way. Then a little girl was running through the mass of guards and Will was yelling something about mothers. I feel like I don't even know these people, it's been so long. Goodness... She didn't step in to help Will though, even though she knew she could. Instead, she just fiddled with her ice caster spell. It started glowing in her hands, spewing from her fingertips. And then... it "accidentally" exploded, flying towards the group Will was fighting. "Oops." Avani said, in a soft monotone and slightly sarcastic voice. "Ahem! Can we stop fighting already?! We just got here!"

8. lixAxil

Alba

The dark elf was running with all her strenghts from some pursuers. What was the reason? Does it matter? She just decided to help her escape

"Hey... over here!!!" Exclaimed a voice at the same time that a hand waved pointing Pyria to notice it.

The tall girl dressed in red called Alba was hiding behind some tall statues that casually were placed as ornament on the building.

She screamed but with enough calc to make sure that only Pyria notice her, "Come here!!! hid here!! or they'll gonna get you"

At the same time, she tensed her whip in such a position that it would work as a perfect trap for anyone who cross through it, making them fall, a perfect line.

9. Warp Zone

Warp Zone New Member

William (Level: 5|Expertise: 0|Shield: 100%)

"Ahem! Can we stop fighting already?! We just got here!"

Once again, Avani is the only one with any common sense. Of course, Avani was the only person William could remember for more than a week, but he had forgotten that fact. He hastily added the battle to his journal, writing in a scrawl-like shorthand.

Day 8 of Month Primuna

Was called to delegation concerning growing number of Uncastables. Met some students I knew from fifteen years ago. Are apparently from stories Avani and Tess told me.

Crumpets: Insane, not much else to say

Will: Honest person who looks at this one elf a lot for no apparent reason. Possible example of "love"

(more will be added here when I get the chance)

Will, Crumpets, and some young half-breed elf got in a fight with an Estalian delegate, Avani attempts to stop it

William tucked the journal back into his large coat-pockets, noticing a note he put on the back of it. He put little notes everywhere to remind himself of things.

DON'T LOSE WELL/LIFE

10. Exzalia

Pyria ran to the lady who was calling her and dashed passed her, skirting behind the woman in order to hide from the guards chasing her. An over weight man lumbered after them heaving heavily.
    "Get that...half breed..phew."
    He got to where Will was fighting as some of his guards dashed forward after Pyria. The man sat down, tired from his efforts. Nesvi walked out of looking cross.
    "What in Charon is going on her-"

Nesvi tripped on a guard who was lying in pain on the ground. Other guards jumping over her in a mad dash for Pyria.

11. lixAxil

Phew.... but things weren't over.

"Hey are you an uncastable? are they pursuing you for that? or there is another reason"

After that with a perfect accuracy the girl threw a knife against a window, the one shattered. The idea was to make the guards think that someone jumped through the window.

"I'm Alba by the way... and you are......?"

------------------------------------

Meanwhile, while a sudden disturbance started and several of his "allies" engaged into combat with some guards. Lebry lazily walked behind them while thinking.... What a pain..... sure when those guys appear trouble is assured.

One of the guards casually passed at the right of Lebry.
    Alternatives.

a) Ignore him
    b) Distract him
    c) Use an spell to attack him

But Lebry just lazily swinged his fist at his face with enough strenght to rend him unconscious.
    Option d) Rend him unconscious by "accident"

12. Exzalia

Pyria looked up, she was trembling from the encounter. Gulping she said "Pyria, and no there chasing me because Im a half elf as you can tell."
    Pyria looked at her curiously. "Are you an uncastable? You're the third one I have ever met." A few men jumped through the window thinking that's where Pyria fled. Others spotted Alba and attacked.

Pyria blasted one with a fire bolt, he flew through the window and and in the moat outside with a distant splash.
    "My mom, is going to murdure me." pyria moaned as she got ready to defend her self.

13. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

Crumpet

The guards seemed more interested in the halfling than in Crumpet. Damn, I'll have to try harder then, won't I? As they all made their mad charge at the girl, Crumpet snatched up the man with the most pompous uniform-- hopefully an officer-- and dragged him to the nearest window. The maddened man slowly realized that his rapidly moving legs were no longer contacting the floor and his tunnel vision slowly encompassed Crumpet. When his eyes finally focused, Crumpet beamed. "Dear sir, I was but observing your proceedings when I was suddenly struck with a burning curiosity which I now seek to sate." The man's face transitioned from one of rabid fury to that of utter puzzlement, causing Crumpet's face to further brighten. "Have you ever been defenestrated before?" With this, he swung the man back and threw him neatly out the window. "Well now you have!" Crumpet hollered after him. When Crumpet spun back around, he saw that the attention paid to him was still minimal. Pay attention to me dammit, I'm feeling adolescent today! Reaching out, he grabbed and dragged the now-nearest guard back to the window. The smile returned to Crumpet's face. "Sir, have you ever been defenestrated?"

1 person likes this.
  14. lixAxil

S*** this isn't good. Said Alba.
    She then draw with some perfect moves a rapier.... different to a blade. The rapier is made not to cut, but to pierce, this makes it in real a very unsatisfactory weapon in battle. Yet.... via training one could master its use. For some reason it was Alba's weapon of choice.

She got close to a guard, and approaching the different of height, she being shorter than the guard (despite being a tall teenager), Alba crouched and fired a fierce barrage of pierces with the rapier against the guard.

------------------------

Lebry still with a lazy attitude, this time walked and found a guard in front of him. Of course he wasn't the original target, still the guard charged at him, because he saw how he knocked down the other guard.

Options

a) Make a flinch
    b) Beg for mercy
    c) Attack with an spell
    d) Attack with a fist.

And then Lebry put his both hands over the guard's shoulder and headbutted him about three times, enough to rend him uncoscious.

e) Headbutt him to death (or unconsciousness)

15. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

River Hoya: Hell hath no fury like a mother whose daughter is in danger

A sick feeling suddenly rose in the pit of River's stomach. She looked towards the door and seconds later heard the sound of a faint explosion. Pyria! Everyone rushed out the door, Will being the first. By the time River got out of the room guards were already beginning to swarm the hallways. She caught sight of her daughter sprinting away from a fat man and persuing guards, but couldn't get close with all the other soldiers in the way.

She spun with a dangerous grace and beauty through the ranks of the soldiers responding to the explosion, delivering incappacitating and yet non-lethal blows to soldiers left and right. The guard daring to chase after her daughter fell in an unconscious heap after having a dagger hilt strike his temple. Finally, she caught up to Pyria who was pinned in corner. Stepping in front of Pyria she charged one hand with wind eather and cast it at the nearby soldiers. When they went flying River pulled her bow off her back and notched an arrow. Her features dared anyone else to get close.

16. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    Eris

One moment Eris was being confronted by two thorny hearted girls, and the next they were all having fisticuffs with the guards. Apparently they wanted some halfling elf girl. Eris didnt understand everyones willingness to protect Pyria--or was this some kind of test? Never one to be outdone, Eris decided to jump in to the brawl.

Eris shoved her way past River, who was guarding Pyria, and said, "Watch and learn, chump..." She confronted the nearest guard and used Luring to control him. Her golden brown skin glowed softly, her hair shined and her cape flew open to expose her revealing dress. The guard was dumbstruck, he was young and passionate--he never stood a chance. "Hey, lover boy, mind attacking your friendsies for me?", Eris enquired sweetly.

The guard nodded vigorously and turned on his mates, causing chaos and confusion among them . Eris flashed River a brilliant ultra-white smile and said, "And thats how its done."

17. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

Crumpet

The guard nodded vigorously and turned on his mates, causing a pile up of thrashing bodies. Eris flashed River a brilliant ultra-white smile and said, "And thats how its done."
    Crumpet frowned and turned to the newcomer. "False. You require more Vespene Class." With this, he picked up the a-bit-too-desperate guard and one of his more stubborn looking mates, dragged them to his all-too-familiar-window, and threw them neatly into the expanse of not-in-the-palace. "THAT," he corrected, "is how it's done."

18. Love to Write

River Hoya

River threw up a barrier of earth in front of Crumpet and Eris. It lasted only a few seconds but it was long enough to get them to stop their killing spree. "ENOUGH! The last thing we need is the blood of Royal guards on our hands. Enough damage has been done. We need to leave while we can."

19. Exzalia

Toren, delegate of Estal

"Stand down!" Nesvi ordered finally getting up from her fall. Everyone stoped surprised by the young queen's voice. Nesvi stormed up to the delegate.

"Toren! What in Charon is going on?"

"That little mutt assaulted me! it was an attempt on my life! I demand recompense!" Nesvi looked at Pyria and River.

"I,I only did that because he-" she stopped herself. Saying what happened in front of everyone was too embaressing for her. even so River could easily tell Pyria was shaken, badly. She held her arm and stood behind River as if she were a mightyshied.

"that half breed needs to be punished! Attacking a delegate, the savage Nesvi arrest her or I will not be pleased!." Nesvi's seemed unsure of what to do, her inexperience showing.

"I, um..." she said trying to make the right decision

20. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    Eris

"THAT", he corrected, "is how its done."

"Thats how you cause a scene actually", Eris replied. "Think about the startled denizens who will look outside and be surprised to see its raining guards." Eris paused to confront an approaching guard. He raised a longsword and Eris simply thrust out her hand, palm out. She used Vine Grapple and a corded green tendril shot from her hand and wrapped aroung the guards throat. Eris's vine crshed his windpipe and he collapsed.

Eris gave smirked. "Every one says water your plants", she remarked, "but they always forget to say what happens when you don't."

"ENOUGH! The last thing we need is the blood of royal guards on our hands....We need to leave while we can"

Eris sighed and bounced her apple in her hand. "You are no fun, Snail-trail", she said, and then a woman started shrieking and Pyria started looking chastised. Eris stepped up and said, "Can't you let her go? Isn't it bad enough shes a halfer?..."

21. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Emery Rose

Emery sighed as she watched the fist fighting, yelling, cutting, throwing, and magic that had begun. She decided to not get involved like the rest; she agreed wholeheartedly with Avani and William. It had only been moments and a fight had occurred, although with them together she knew it had to happen sometime.

Emery gave Pip a serious look of warning, not wanting her to get into a mess bigger than the one River's daughter had. After her telepathic mother skill, she turned to William. On looks, he hadn't changed a whole lot over the years. Poor guy seemed to not remember much though. A faint crash made Emery gaze back towards the chaos...maybe not remembering wouldn't be so bad.

She smiled warmly, trying to ignore the awkwardness. "William, it has been awhile! I'm Emery, and it's probably best that you don't remember who I used to be. I was not such a nice person. But, I'm different now, which I expect most of us are. Well, maybe not..." Her words trailed off as more shouting drowned her voice.

22. Exzalia

"Your words reek of lies. My daughter wouldn't have attacked without good reason. Speak honestly...what were you doing before she "assulted" you." River demanded still holding a hand of wind eather. Her voice was low and her eyes flashed dangerously.

"damn elves, thhat girl insulted me while I was minding my own biuness. so I confronted her, then she attacked me."

"Liar! I did no such thing, you...you." Pyria again had a hard time finishing her sentence, it was as if it were too painful to say. Toren smiled in delight.

"See! she has no defense, GUILTY! Nesvi are you going to let your guest be assaulted by half breeds in your own palace?"

"I'm sure it's just a miss understanding." Nesvi said trying to be diplomatic.

"She's a danger! like all have elfs and uncastables are a danger. Nesvi if you let this slide, Estal will no longer hold Damiruu in good favour. And you are in no situation to be loseing allies girl."

River noticed the way Pyria attempted to defend herself. She was still reliving whatever moment had happened and River was becoming more and more sure what that was. She turned her attention back to the fat delegate. "You know there are laws against touching young girls. I'm sure if we ask around we'll find a witness telling us what you did." She paused, "And if I find out you did touch her...in any way...there will be no place in Exzalia where you will be able to hide from my wrath." She guestered her dagger pointedly to his reproductive organs, erasing any confusion of what she planned to do.
    River knew she couldn't count on the young queen's help. The child needed her allies. River could only hope that this piece of filth would take the message clearly and run away.

"What? be careful who you accuse elf! Nesvi!" Nesvi was silent, she was thinking hard and mumbling to herself, finally she said.

"The half elf committed the crime in my country, she will be dealt with here."

"You laws are too laxed against the halflings." Toren hissed.

"We will do a intense investigation on the events, including calling in a mind mage." Nesvi continued to speak ignoring his protests. That last line shut Toren up. Mind mages could read memories.

"Humph! I have no time for this, but mark me Girl you will regret this!" Toren said hissing at Pyria. With that he finally left his mass swaying as he strolled away.

Nesvi put her hand to her head, she seemed beyond distraught. "What have I done? Now the Esatlians will...and for a half br.." Nesvi bit her lip on that last word.

"Father, I keep messing things up. I'm not ready for this." She mumbled.

23. Exzalia

Several guards lay hurting on the ground. Both steam and the wanderer had taken to defending Pyria, After dispatching countess gaurds men the two, concerned about the little one followed her. On the way, they passed the delegate that had treated her in such an un wholesome way. They would no doubt have choice words.

24. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

Crumpet

Nesvi put her hand to her head, she seemed beyond distraught. "What have I done? Now the Esatlians will...and for a half br.." Nesvi bit her lip on that last word.

"Father, I keep messing things up. I'm not ready for this." She mumbled.

Crumpet strode up to the young queen's side. "Oh, sure you are. I mean seriously, Estal's not that big of a threat. I heard that a bunch of school kids killed a high priest and a small army of Estalians 15 years ago. Over halflings too, funny as it is." Crumpet grinned and nudged Will, though the action overstepped its intended function and sent the smaller human reeling. "Besides, you stood up for what you believed in. That's something a leader should do. Something we all need to do." Crumpet's tone seemed almost somber, but the brief lapse in cheap humor was soon sealed. "Unless you're Barfy. Then you just do whatever it takes to impress elf girls." Though the rest of his face displayed goofiness, his eyes pierced solemnly into hers.

25. Love to Write

River Hoya

River breathed a deep sigh of releif and sheathed her dagger, as the sorry excuse for a man turned away. Turning to Pyria she lay her hands on her shoudlers and looked her intently in the eyes. "Are you hurt at all?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.