Tales of the Jedi: Return of the Sith!

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Bewitched, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

Heh, you make me curious. I'll go and check :D

EDIT: Well, I didn't expect that! Nice one ;)

2. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

I'm gonna wait for more peeps to come online before we continue. I'll check back in after an hour or so. :)

3. Macaberz

Sure thing. I gonna get something to eat, I am watching SW:Ep3 (the worst I've gathered...) as we speak.

4. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

Was it a coincidence that its on TV or have you actively found it to watch? Because if so you should really start with episodes 4, 5 & 6. These original three really make you fall in love with the series.

Return of the Jedi (epi. 6) is on british TV currently :D

5. Macaberz

I have actively found it to watch. I knew there are different viewing orders possible and I also know the prequels are considered to be worse than the originals, so I am making my way through 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 in that order, with that knowledge in the back of my mind.

6. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

I love EP3, ha ha... I love Clone Wars more, Phantom Menace was kind of boring for like the entire middle part because of the little kid and his dusty homeworld. But yeah, the last one was AWESOME for me.

7. Macaberz

Funny you should say that, I liked little Anakin quite a bit. I felt the podrace dragged on for too long though...

Personally, I think Ep3 is a hidden lecture on how not to write dialogue. Oddly enough, the movie is still enjoyable.

8. Fan7asticMrFox

In my opinion 4, 5, 6 are awesome (five especially) - 1 is alright (I love it for Darth Maul), 2 is terrible and 3 is in between. You will love it when you get to the originals, but it will be funny how you interpret it considering when I watched it, I saw 4,5 and 6 first. Whereas you have seen 1,2 and 3 first. Interesting :D

9. Macaberz

The only disadvantage with my viewing order is that the graphics become better at first, then worse. I can look past (someone please tell me if it's past or passed, I've been trying to avoid this word for ages now) that, but I am quite a fan of CGI, having tinkered with it myself in the past ( <- this one I am sure of).

10. Fan7asticMrFox

There's too much CGI in the newer films - I wished Lucas had used models like he did in the first films, they looked fantastic. Or maybe just a little less than he did, the ships were nice in the new ones tbh.

Also I have redone my post with some edits! :D

11. Macaberz

Yes, well I agree the CGI in Ep 2 was overkill as in, if they'd done less CGI they could've put more effort into blending real action with the CGI, it all looked quite pasted in to me. Ep 3 is much better in that regard, especially in terms of space battles.

I've edited my reply as well. I am having a bit of trouble imagining where the corridor, the temple and the location of the whisper and the black ship are all located though...

I am thinking that the corridor has windows to the sides. One window got blasted out so the ship is hovering either to the left or right of the corridor. Then the whisper would be located at the end of the corridor, either on a pad outside or just in the corridor itself. So then there was a hole blasted into the wall and Sevren ended up hanging from the edge, then falling etc...right?

12. Macaberz

Sorry for the double post but seriously, 5 minutes into SW:Ep 4 and it's already infinitely better than the prequels. As for viewing order, I am liking the chronological order so far because I know much more about Darth Vader when he boards that ship, it gives good context.

13. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

had to read like crazy to catch up, omg... gone for one day and you guys get busy as bees!

Either way, i have a feeling Taura is at a distinct advantage here. Bounty hunter's ships aren't made for Tauntaun's to play on!

14. Snowmantheory

Snowmantheory New Member

Episode IV might possibly be my favorite. VI probably topped it.

15. Snowmantheory

Snowmantheory New Member

We don't have lightsabers yet, correct?

16. Macaberz

I think we do have. Serven has one, and I've granted Asa one as well...so yea, I think its safe to say that we do.
    [MENTION=40233]Keitsumah[/MENTION], this is Taura's chance to save Asa and prove him wrong, though I can imagine she wouldn't really want to save him :)

17. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

You guys...how did you come up with a bunch of mercenaries ont he bounty hunter ship, lol?? There's only one pilot, he's the one mannign the contorls and everything in the cockpit, there isn't any one else with him. A "pink-cladded metallic armor frozan" and the ship is dodging and dipping...? I don't know where this is all coming from...but I guess I can work with it.

I probably won't post for an hour. My show True Blood is coming on, I can't miss any Eric Northman action. :)

18. Macaberz

I think 'imagination' is the answer. Technically you are right of course, you only mentioned him, I just assumed there were more because well, one guy...we can't all pound on one guy at the same time. I think we need a bit of cannon fodder. I'd be more than willing to edit of course...but I would have to edit quite a bit back, and most of the others would have to do that too. If it's just one guy then there hardly can be a hail of bullets. As for the ship dipping, well that's just physics, if a who-knows-how-many pound Tauntaun jumps atop of any ship that isn't the size of the deathstar, it's sure to dip.

I am sorry if my imagination got in the way of what you had planned, but I think things like these are to be expected. With almost any RP the players will fill in the blanks, if you leave any. That's one of the reasons why GM'ing an RP can be hard, people will draw outside of the outlines unless you are very, very specific about what those outlines are. It's also the reason why I haven't started a game myself yet, because I am afraid the players won't adapt to the world as I imagine it.

In my mind, you have two options when GM'ing:

Strict GM:
    + You lead the players through a very specific plot.
    - The players won't have much freedom within the universe.
    - Everyone depends on you. The minute you log of, the game stalls. This can drag progress down to such a sluggish rate that the RP simply dies. (I've had that happen to me on another forum).
    - Most posts will just be reactions to whatever event you present to the players, there will be less character interaction because the players are busy reacting to your character/events all the time.

Lenient GM:
    + The players have imaginative freedom within the universe.
    + Player's can continue the game within the confines of a certain, GM'd event without the GM being online.
    + There will be more player vs player interaction.
    - There will be unexpected events that may distract from the plot. This too can lead to a game stalling and, in the long run, dying.

The strict GM method can work, I've done it before. But if I am being honest, I don't think it will work for this game if you are online 'every other day'. I am not complaining about your activity, not at all. But if you are going for a strictly moderated game then, once again, everyone depends upon you all the time. I ran a game somewhere else, left for two days and was unable to revive the game afterwards, you are constantly needed because everyone is reacting to you, not to each other.

Most RP's here are simply run the lenient way, I am not saying that therefore you should just live with it, you are the GM, it's your game, but I do think it's a proven formula; if you catch my drift.

And just so you know, I am not trying to complain or whatever, I really enjoy this game. I'd just like to get a clear picture of what you expect me, as a player to do, because I don't want to get in the way of whatever you are plotting.

EDIT: I just finished Ep 3. Some of the dialogue was horrible (please never use 'younglings' again) which is a waste because the 'Order 66' segment came as a shocker to me. That part really made me realize how strong Star Wars is plot-wise (even though there are still gaps). I never realized I cared so much for the Jedi until all that shit happened, holy ****.

19. Texan Gandhi

Texan Gandhi New Member

I had thought the ship was more along the lines of a gunship rather than a fighter or a bomber, though both regardless of era in Starwars always tend to have missiles. I think that assumption came more after the other guys said there was something to the insides of the ship, though.

It would be nice to understand exactly what we're dealing with though. Anyhows, I'ms justs goings witsh yall's leads fors nows.

20. Macaberz

I was thinking of a gunship/cruiser as well. My mind is buzzing with all kinds of plans now...I'll have to wait and see how this all pans out though.
    [MENTION=54064]Bewitched[/MENTION] would you mind if I added Asa's master as a secondary character? He won't have a character sheet but I am going to need him to deepen Asa's backstory.

21. Keitsumah

hated to get gory but my writer side got the best of me. it also was a good point to bring across that though Taura is nice and all, she is not harmless. (and adds a bit more darkness to her heart...)

22. Macaberz

I think its good that you did.

23. Keitsumah

lol. Asa has to give her some respect at least now -don't think he'll ever snicker at her again.

24. Macaberz

No? You don't think he'll snicker at her? Go and see for yourself ;)

You still have much to learn young padawa- Okay that's a bit too corny, but he won't change his mind in a flash either.

25. Keitsumah

ehhh true. but at least i think he'll know better than to piss her off (if that ever happens)