1. ToBeInspired

ToBeInspired Contributing Member

That Excited Just Submitted Feeling

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by ToBeInspired, Aug 25, 2016.

Does anyone else get that feeling, when you've just finished a piece you're proud of, of slightly anxious excitement when you've just submitted a piece of work?

I know it's just basically a form of impatience, but when I post something I'm proud of I want to people to see it as soon as possible. I'll hang around, refreshing the page, waiting for alerts. It stops after a bit of time, caffeine addiction doesn't help, but I still do it.

Hadn't thought of it much, because I don't post a lot of works. I normally post poems on here, but I posted a short story called "The Cold Ones" not too long ago. I popped it out from an idea I had a while back and my caffeine overdose allowed me to finish it in a day. I got quite a few responses and kept pushing off editing it. Call it laziness or lack of inspiration, but I finally got around to it today. I kept the core of it, but took feedback (something I also don't do often) and applied it to the piece. Now, I'm more of a write 10,000 pages in one sitting and MAYBE edit it further down the road. I'm more likely to just start a new piece, though. Since my main focus is novels, this short story is good for me.

Thanks everyone for the feedback, I think I reached a new area in my writing. Though, I came up with a unique plot idea and now I want to make it a series :p.

Refresh.

Sack-a-Doo! likes this.
  2. izzybot

izzybot Human Disaster Contributor

I mostly just get terrified :D Good for you being excited, honestly.

Sack-a-Doo! likes this.
  3. Sack-a-Doo!

Sack-a-Doo! Contributing Member Contributor

I have had that feeling. I've learned to fear it, though. This may not apply to you, but for me, it usually comes before dashed hopes, a critique that causes me to crash-n-burn. But like I said, this likely doesn't apply to you.

Numbness upon completion is the best reaction I could wish for... so I'm not distracted from getting on with the next story.

4. EdFromNY

EdFromNY Hope to improve with age Supporter Contributor

Yep. It usually lasts until I get the rejection notice.

Sack-a-Doo! likes this.
  5. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man Contest Administrator Contributor

Impatience and obsessively refreshing my inbox, yes. But not excitement or fear or anything, just... a burning desire to have an answer one way or another. I hate waiting

I really hate waiting.