The Fall of Terrafel

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Forgotten_Memories, Jun 24, 2011.

1. losthawken

losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

"I can get us to the train, if you're willing to follow."

The horrible attempt at dwarvish confirmed the figure's race. Broggen was somewhat conflicted over the joy of hearing his beloved mother tongue again, but so poorly spoken the mouth of the dirty rodent. He looked down the alleyway then back at the girl. He felt uneasy trusting the cloaked Skittari, but the guards were getting nearer, sorting the humans onto the first trains and rounding up the 'others'.

Perhaps it would be best to see how this thing played out. The short dwarf looked up at the lovely red-head, "C'mon Dearee' we can't stay out here. Just keep on steady-like and I'll keep your back."

Broggen turned back to the rat, and gave him a grimacing nod in the direction of the alley.

2. yellowm&M

yellowm&M Contributor Contributor

I know...you might find my methods of communication a little jarring, I assure you I mean no harm. As a matter of fact, miss I would see the wound tended to...I'm afraid the beasts in the sky have almost as great a sense of smell as myself. I suggest you follow me, Chits. I can help the two of you go unnoticed to the train.

The voice spoke again and this time the dwarf too noticed the creature that was speaking to them. He hesitated for a moment then glanced at Ilayda before walking over towards the creature, still holding onto her sash so that she followed him. She had seen a hint of worry in his expression as he had glanced at her and she wondered if she looked as badly as she felt. The pain she had hidden, but now her head was starting to feel light and her vision was swimming a bit. All her concentration was in putting one foot in front of the other without falling over.

“What help do you offer Fluffy, and this time you better use your tongue unless you want me to cut it out.”

"I can get us to the train, if you're willing to follow."

Ilayda looked at the alleyway the rat man was pointing down. It looked dark and creepy and not a very pleasant place to be. Not to mention the creature didn't seem all that trustworthy. However behind her she could hear the paniced screams, the shouting guards, and the unmistakable sounds of non-humans being denied safety and rights. The longer they stood here the closer the guards got to noticing them.

"C'mon Dearee' we can't stay out here. Just keep on steady-like and I'll keep your back."

The dwarf seemed to being thinking the same way as her and his support helped. she gave him a weak smile then looked at the rat before taking a step towards the alley.

3. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

"Get back!" Dalia shouted. The brazier's chains broke off, and it came rolling straight at them like a rogue boulder on a mountain pass, still aflame, and at an incredible speed.

Golful'gar had little time to think as the giant metal torch rolled toward them. The people in front of him dodged out of the way -one being pulled by the blind-folded Elf. Not being as fast as the others, he could only drop his pick, throw up his hands, and brace for the impact.

The torch collided with him with an incredible force, pushing him back several feet. He yelled in pain, as the burning hot metal and flames seared his hands and arms, and put his weight against the thing, stopping it in its place. He leaped back, and fell to his knees.

"Moi 'ands!" He grunted, rising to his feet once more, holding out his charred palms. He knew the torch was only the beginning of their problems.

4. Brandogg12

Brandogg12 Member

"Foolish human are you ok?" He asked.

“I’m fine, and thank you, sir. I am in your debt,” Noveen got up quickly and brushed off the dirt and ash that clung to her clothing. She rubbed the back of her neck and felt grime stuck to it.

She must have looked horrendous.

Her eyes were nearly swollen shut by the radiating light and the warmth of the cauldron, and her arm was still festering from the bite of the demon earlier. She tried to lick her lips but her tongue was dry and instead she only got a taste of bitter and sweet soot.

"Moi 'ands!" He grunted, rising to his feet once more, holding out his charred palms. He knew the torch was only the beginning of their problems.

She looked over to the peculiar half-giant and immediately felt gratitude towards him- his seemingly ignorant exterior was perhaps a biased judgment. He meant well and knew his limits, obviously.

His massive hands were blistered and seemed to be trying to spit out the heat- as they looked to already be shedding the layers of his burned epidermis. The look on his face was one stern and severe, but she couldn’t help but smiling. His size seemed to make everything funny.

“You just saved our lives you big oaf!” Noveen said cheerfully and held up her arms. She was still loopy, “Now let me have a look at those hams that you call hands! I have just the thing,” she reached into one of her pockets and lurched towards the indomitable Golful'gar.

5. Forgotten_Memories

Forgotten_Memories Active Member

Crown Square:

The half giant stopped the boulder at risk of injury. As Noveen tended to his burnt hands and arms, a dark smoke lingered among the wreckage.

"Very impressive," a strangely echoed voice from within the smoke broke the silence, "now it may be wise to step out of our way."

Two dark-hooded figures emerged from the smoke, a man from the left side of the gate, and a woman from the right.

Dalia immediately ran forward at the man, fists at the ready. But before she could reach him he lashed out his arms, transforming them into what looked like sinewy shadows. With one shadow-y ligament he grabbed her arm, and with the other her leg. He then tossed her aside, straight into Noveen and the half giant.

The woman threw forward a blast of shadow energy, aimed directly at Na, who took the hit full-on. He flew backwards, simultaneously conjuring a gust of wind below him in attempt to break his fall.

By now the smoke had almost cleared, and it was apparent that a third figure stood in-between the other two. But unlike the others, he remained calm. From where she was laying, Dalia could see beneath his hood, and the terrible orange eyes that pulsated there. This was the man from the airship, and that could only mean one thing. She quickly peered at his hands, where he so blatantly held and displayed a necklace with what appeared to be a pure white gemstone. They were too late.

The man in the middle raised his empty hand to the sky. "Now the world shall know evil," he said, and brought the same hand back down.

From what the group could tell, the sky began to shake, and it seemed to be rippling from the gaping rift that had been opened at the beginning of the attack on the city. Then the three figures before them suddenly all disappeared into the shadows by their feet.

"We need to get out of here!" Dalia shouted, getting up, one of her arms terribly scratched from how she had fallen. Only, it felt like there was no where to go. For once, she had no means of escape. As others looked at her for instructions, all she could do was turn her head to the sky, where the unimaginable was happening.

Long, finger-like features emerged on either side of the rift, pulling it apart, wider and wider. More spectre demons flew out, their blades whirring around their ghostly bodies, and then what appeared to be a giant head with a white mask - its eyes were large slits, and its mouth a gaping hole. The fingers belonged to this creature, as it used them to push itself further out of the rift. With one final push it threw its arms out from the hole in the sky and slithered down to the streets of Termir like a snake with a never-ending body.

Noble's Train Station:

Just as Broggen and Ilayda were about to follow the Skittari into the alleyway, the sky began to shake. It was odd to think of the sky shaking, but there was no other explanation for it. The crowds looked up in commotion for the source of the disturbance, and began to shout and further panic as more spectres flew from the rift, and a horrific creature slithered out of it.

The creature landed somewhere in the trade quarter, but was still visible among the buildings, especially as its body ran all the way back to the rift - a dark line occupying the sky. The crowds began to hear strange sucking noises, as the rooftops of buildings began to be drawn in the general direction of the new demon.

Soon the guards at the station became overwhelmed by the spectres, as the demons began targeting the ones on higher ground. Demon hounds emerged from the alley the Skittari was going to lead Broggen and Ilayda through, and in fact, more and more demons began to congregate around the train station. Screams filled the air, as well as bodies being dragged by the spectres. They were being caged in, and the giant demon was also making its way in their direction. The only way to go was north, towards Crown Square.

6. losthawken

“Beards of my Fathers!” Broggen gasped as he witnessed the descent of the unholy monster. But there was no time to gape, the demon hordes were closing in on them. Hearing a mortal shriek from above Broggen looked up just in time to dodge a savagely slashed body as it plummeted from the skies.

“Move! Move! Move” the dwarf bellowed as he charged down the alley. But his feet stopped short as two massive hell-hounds emerged from the darkness ahead. Acrid drool dripped from their mouths as their eyeless antennae twitched to and fro searching out their next victim. A second later the beasts charging them.

The dwarf reached his hand behind him and loosed his battle axe. In a single fluid motion swung the axe up cleaving the left jaw of one of the creatures as it leapt upon him. Continuing the motion upward and around his head he buried his blade into the shoulder of the second. A blow to the head from his throwing hatchet finished the beast.

Broggen wiped the spatter of black blood from his brow. More scratching and heavy breaths drew his attention back down the alley. There a horde of fel beasts were emerging, filling the alley in a seething mob of murderous flesh as they approached even climbing mysteriously along the vertical walls of the dark passage.

“Back! Back! Back!” he shouted as he charged past his new traveling companions.

“C’mon girlie,” he shouted pulling at the red-headed girls sash again. “Move or I’ll carry you myself!”

As the group began to move Broggen hastily reloaded his hefty pistols. It would take every trick he knew to get out of this city in one piece. He only hoped that the others didn’t force him to leave them behind.

7. Brandogg12

Brandogg12 Member

The man in the middle raised his empty hand to the sky. "Now the world shall know evil," he said, and brought the same hand back down.

Who the…” Noveen whispered as her jaw dropped.

He then tossed her aside, straight into Noveen and the half giant.

Dalia’s torso and flailing legs were the last thing she had witnessed before tasting coppery-iron blood as it spilled from her mouth poured from her split lips, worsened from her quickening heart; it secreted like a mastiff’s salivary glands upon sniffing a meal.

It was not the taste of blood that shocked her; instead, it was the taste of a wholly mistake and a result of her inattentiveness. She should have known that the fiery projectile was going to be the least of their worries.

The ground began to shake, and the sky began to tremble and buckle beneath the might of the demonic presence. The tendrils of darkness seemed to creep from the new spawns and tug at the strings of her mind and of her and woke her up. Her cheeks began to redden and she began to think of her weapons, and how it would feel to sink her blades into exposed flesh.

A demon that was an exact replica of the one she had dismembered near Claric’s shop seemed to hobble over to her, fixated to the gaping wound on her forearm. Its massive mouth tore open and its tiny razors and small body seemed to flourish, as they both danced nimbly in the veil of mist.

Before it was close enough to leap, Noveen already managed to predict its move. She knew it was going to pounce, and before it had done so, she pulled out her two pistols and cocked back the hammers. She was proud that they were already loaded. As she felt the heat of its mouth and saw her reflection in its small, unwelcoming eyes, she fired. It divided down its center, almost surgically, and splashed blood on her and those around her.

"We need to get out of here!"

As she wiped blood from her face, reloaded her pistols, and looked around the square as the violence ensued, her eyes drifted to a massive slit-eyed, white mask that had forced its way through the portal. It didn’t look happy.

“Yes, lets,” she moaned to no one in particular.

"Everyone?" she called out.

8. sidtvicious

sidtvicious Contributor Contributor

Inferno, office 752. Take a right turn at the wat
    Demon hounds emerged from the alley the Skittari was going to lead Broggen and Ilayda through, and in fact, more and more demons began to congregate around the train station.

Eenzthk ran forward, tossing the steel ring toward one of the hounds blocking his way. The object opened, extending itself wide enough to reach around the demon's head, then tightened and continued to tighten. The fearful rat ran forward the scent of demonic magic and fresh elven blood in his nose. A gurgling cry followed by a slow hiss, accompanied the tightening rings eventual decapitation of the beast.

In a single fluid motion swung the axe up cleaving the left jaw of one of the creatures as it leapt upon him. Continuing the motion upward and around his head he buried his blade into the shoulder of the second. A blow to the head from his throwing hatchet finished the beast. Eenzthk thought for moment and realized he'd chosen his possible allies well, if nothing else and then with much indecision decided to speak to their minds again.

Quick friends, and try not to kill too many of them. Best not to identify yourself as a threat.

He ran with grace, no longer concealing his rodent appearance, down the alleyway.

9. yellowm&M

Beards of my Fathers!”

Ilayda's mouth fell open as she too looked up at the sky which literally appeared to be shaking and ripping apart above their heads. Demons and hideous creatures began to surround them as screams, the worst yet, filled the air creating a symphony of chaos and horror.

“Move! Move! Move”

A body fell from the sky, mangled and bloody. It made Ilayda's stomach churn and she felt a scream build up in her throat, but pure terror rendered it silent. Demonic hounds just like that ones she had fought back at the inn were closing in on them from all sides and she pulled her knife from her satchel, ready to defend herself. However blood loss had made her weak, and she could feel the knife shaking in her hand.

Before she could even move, though, the dwarf had pulled his battle axe out and smashed the jaw of one of the creatures while the rat man had thrown some device at a differnt hound that seemed to be choking it.

“Back! Back! Back!”

Quick friends, and try not to kill too many of them. Best not to identify yourself as a threat.

The words of echoed in her head again, adding to the din already around her. A tiny bit of relief surgered through her, this gave her a bit of an excuse not to fight. Ilayda felt sure that if she tried, she would find herself to weak to do any good. But she couldn't, wouldn't be labeled as a weakling. She hated being vulnerable and weak, it made it all too hard to be independent.

“C’mon girlie. Move or I’ll carry you myself!” the dwarf grabbed her sash again and began to pull her with him. She stumbled awkwardly behind hime, using all of her concentrationg to keep herself upright and moving down the alley.

10. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

Golful'gar winced as Dalia collided with him and Noveen. Everything was happening a bit too fast for Golfu'gar, he couldn't quite follow what was going on. He saw several cloaked figures, the middle moving his hand toward the ground.

"Now the world shall know evil," The hooded figure grinned.

The sky began to convulse then. Clouds were torn away, and long tendril fingers began weaving their way through an ever growing rift in the sky.

Golful'gar felt something dripping on him, and looked down to see Dalia bleeding from her arms.

"You al'roight?" He asked gruffly, noticing that the hooded figures had vanished.

"We need to get out of here!" Dalia said, leaping to her feet.

"But ya brough' us 'ere." Golful'gar said, rising unsteadily to his feet, "I though' you 'ad a plan, di'n' ya? Wha' were dose thin's? Wa's goin' on?"

11. Forgotten_Memories

“Yes, lets,”

"Everyone?"

"But ya brough' us 'ere I though' you 'ad a plan, di'n' ya? Wha' were dose thin's? Wa's goin' on?"

Dalia looked at the giant, she had nothing to say. What could she possibly tell them? That those people - if you could call them that - were disciples of an ancient evil, hellbent on destroying the world and calling forth demons from some lesser plane in order to do so? Considering the circumstances, the group probably would've believed her.

"My plan ended when they got away," she pointed where the three hooded figures were standing only moments ago, extending her left arm; her right still ached from the fall.

She then looked towards where the giant King demon had landed. So powerful, she thought, and asked herself the same question the giant had asked - who were these people? The King demon was very close now, and looked like it was coming straight for them, destroying everything in its path with a massive sucking wind. They didn't have much time.

As she prepared to motion for everyone to move out somehow, Dalia's eyes caught sight of something unexpected. From one of the alleyways on the south side of the garden came three figures - Broggen, the dwarvish airship pilot, carrying a supposedly injured half-elf woman in his arms, and what appeared to be a Skittari elder was following close behind. They were being chased by four demon hounds.

Dalia set her eyes on the group in the distance and curled her fists around her sharp-edged knuckledusters. They had to get to safety, but they might as well save whoever else they could. She charged, still aware of the pain in her right arm, but the adrenaline would take care of that.

12. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Na' didn't need to look to know the demon king had landed, he could feel the magic radiating from him. It had a familiar feel of Sykis and evil. Across the garden he could see a dwarf carrying an elf and a Skittari persued by demon hounds. The black haired girl was charging towards them unaware of the demon king's arm moving to grab her.

"Oh no you don't." Na' muttered running towards him. He drew level with the girl and stopped. Feet firmly planted in the ground he started drawing in breath, the demons hand getting ever closer. Lungs fit to burst he closed his eyes, concentrating. And released the air becoming flames as it left his mouth. The pillar of fire ripped into the hand, its descent halted. It didn't halt for long or seem to damage the demon in any way. Instead the demon changed his attention from the girl to Na'.

"Well at least that'll by her some time." He thought as he was snatched into the air by a giant hand. Feeling his ribs cracking he sunk his teeth in...and was promptly thrown to the flow in a heap, the ground cracking around him.

13. Forgotten_Memories

Dalia didn't see it coming until it was too late. The demon King's sinewy arm had stretched from the buildings beyond, and was making its way straight towards her, scissor-like fingers outstretched, their tips sharp as swords. She was about to dive away, losing the momentum she'd built up with the charge, when a great blast of fire hit the demon's hand. It changed its direction.

The buildings on the far side - from where Broggen and the rest had just come - were ripped from their places with a disgusting lurching sound, and proceeded to whirl in the air and into the demon's gaping mouth beyond. Its face was haunting - void of emotion, set to killing, or in fact, feeding itself.

Dalia rushed past the others, and diving straight into the first hound she could see, unaware if she had any backup at that point. She slammed into the beast, bladed fist cutting across its face and dismembering one of its sensory antennas. They tumbled for a moment, the beast trying to throw her off, but she held onto its sickly mane. And then she was atop it. As the demon thrust its claws half-blindly into the air, Dalia cut at its throat with both blades, and a large spray of black blood hit her face. The dog went limp, but now the other three were encircling her, and the air suddenly became dryer as a sucking wind came from her right side. This wasn't a good place to be.

14. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

Golful'gar ran a hand through his hair feverishly, as Dalia and the blindfolded elf ran off to fight the new enemies. This was all too quick for him. Both Dalia, and the elf, were biting off more than they could chew. They needed help, but who could he help without endangering the other?

He picked up his pickaxe from the ground with his heavily burnt hands, and swung it upon his shoulder. The great demon was a great distance away yet, the hounds would be on the way.

"Dis is too much." He grumbled, and began to lumber hurriedly to where Dalia was surrounded by three hounds.

The great demon was sucking in air, and the suction was hastening Golful'gar's journey to the alley. He built up his momentum, faster and faster; then with a roar he swung his pick, cleaving straight through the front hound. Losing his balance, and still moving rather quickly, he collapsed atop the second hound, crushing it. He felt its claws penetrate into his stomach, and cried out. He tried to move to face the last hound, but was caught by the barbed claws of the hound beneath him, holding him in place. Every movement was agony. The last hound crept closer, and the demon behind moved closer as well; ever sucking at the air, as if to swallow life itself.

15. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Na' heaved himself up his rib cracking. He looked around to see the giant charging to the girls aid. Slicing the first hound in half he lost his balance and fell onto the second hound, crushing it instantly. Wondering why he hadn't gotten up Na' realised the hounds claws were hooked into his belly. Screams of agony drifted over. He stood, bones complaining, cursing his age.

"I'm getting to old for this." He said setting off for the giant. The wind swept him along reaching the giant in minutes. Dagger in hand he went to work servering the barbs from the giants stomach, those which he couldn't cut he pulled out.

"Sorry big guy." He muttered wrenching another barb out. Behind he could hear the demons vaccum sucking in everything.

"I hope you've got some sort of plan." He shouted over to the girl.

16. sidtvicious

Eenzthk let two more of the runed rings fly, if they didn't kill the beasts they would at least incapacitate and by him some time. In the distance his one good eye caught sight of several figures, one hulking and clearly demonic. The others of a more interesting variety.

He turned towards his new found comrades, the dwarf carrying the injured elf was having a slight amount of trouble keeping up. Slowing his pace to fall back to the dwarf, he rummaged in his pocket before unearthing what appeared to be a large turnip runes inscribed with several odd markings he held it out to the dwarf and gestured with the other towards his own mouth.

It will make you go faster. Once we get out of the line of fire...I can help the bleeding elf.

17. Forgotten_Memories

There was one more hound left after the giant practically risked his life to slay two. The beast lashed towards her, swinging its tail as if it were a whip. Dalia ducked to avoid the first attack, but as the beast recoiled, it swiftly swept its tail beneath her legs, causing her to tumble over backwards, cracking her shoulders against the floor. It rearer and leapt forward, claws at the ready, when it was struck by an arrow, two, three, all down the middle of its face. It staggered backwards, and then a golden mechanoid forced its way past Dalia, smashing a giant fist into the brute. The hound toppled over itself, fading into the black ash all the demons seemed to disappear in.

Dalia spun around, still on the floor, unconcealed hair whipping wildly in the air from the strength of the vacuum, the king demon ever advancing. Her saviours had been the dark elf from the ship, Kilth was his name, and Clairc's creation. The elf was already notching another arrow, all senses working at detecting his target.

Broggen's group had joined with the others as he lay the injured half-elf girl down, some tending to her while Bella and the heavily armored girl were fending off several demonic bunnies. Clairc was waving his arms around, remote in hand, as if to motion for retreat. Dalia looked at the giant next to her, bleeding on the cobblestones, the Elementalist knelt beside him.

"I hope you've got some sort of plan, girl!" He shouted, louder than the wind.

Elementalists weren't the most trustworthy bunch, but they did have their uses. "We move back! You carry the giant, I'll distract the big fucker!" And with that she set to her task - there had been enough hiding.

Dalia rose to her feet and closed her eyes, her trench coat blowing about her. She raised two fingers to her forehead, and then threw her hand to the side. As if there were mirrors, six copies of her spread out in a half circle. They were still for a moment, and then all assumed a fighting stance and dispersed to cover the most ground. The real Dalia turned around and ran back to the group.

18. losthawken

It will make you go faster. Once we get out of the line of fire...I can help the bleeding elf.

Broggen grabbed the strange vegetable. He recognized it as some variety of tuber that grew in the southlands. The runes were very strange but he didn’t have time to look closely at them.

The rat gestured for him to eat. Normally, Broggen would refuse any such ‘help’ from a stranger but in this case he had little choice. He could have run twenty more miles carrying five failing maidens, but his dwarvish legs were not a swift as the demon hounds behind him.

‘One death for another,’ he reminded himself solemnly.

Taking a bite his sense immediately rejected the potent bitterness of the coarse fruit, but the sharp spice seemed to flow straight from his burning tongue to his feet. His body began to move almost of its own accord. He wasn’t sure he could stop moving now if he wanted. Picking up speed he spun full circle to volley a shot at the beasts behind them.

Suddenly the coursing sound of rushing air that had been ever growing as they ran came to the dwarf’s attention. A moment later the buildings to his right crumbled and were sucked away into the insatiable belly of the Demon King. Bob’s eyes widened in horror.

“The damn hounds have been herding us right to him!” he shouted.

But there beneath the beast was a familiar sight. Dalia and the crew that had left behind were fighting for their lives. Without thought Broggen ran toward them. The demon hounds were quickly dispatched as they passed the Dalia and the team with her. Broggen continued on and ducked behind a pile of rubble to set down the injured half elf.

“Some rescue this terned out to be.”

Broggen tapped the girls face gently, “C’mon Deary, this isn’t the time or place. Hurry up Scruffy, put yer magic root-cellar to work!”

"We move back! You carry the giant, I'll distract the big fucker!"

Moving back to defend their position while the others worked on half-dead Halvsie Broggen saw the injured Dalia replicate herself six times over.

“Time’s up Scruffy!” he hollered over his shoulder as he dispatched an encroaching dustbunny in a burst of fluff and blood with his revolver.

19. yellowm&M

Black spots bloomed before Ilayda eyes, growing until they blocked out everything around her. Desperately she tried to keep going as the dwarf dragged her behind him, but finally she found her knees buckling and her head swimming as the world tilted. Hard ground met her body as she fell to the street. Dazed and disoriented she didnt know how long she lay there before strong arms scooped her up and she felt herself carried along. Colors faded in and out of her sight and weird screams and growls drifted into her head twisting and transforming in her mind, trapping her in a terrible nightmare.

She had no idea how long she was carried along, the hounds chasing her and her companions. But at some point a new noise joined the mess she was hearing: a weird whirling and sucking sound as if the wind was being swept away into a vacuum. Desperately Ilayda tried to see what it was, but in her weak and disoriented state she was unable to tell.

"The damn hounds have been herding us right to him!"

The yell sounded right next to her ear. The dwarf. Of course. It seemed as if he had made it his mission to protected her. Soon she would lose track of how many times he had saved her life.

"Some rescue this terned out to be." she felt her body shift as he spoke, the arms holding her being replaced by hard and broken ground. She tried to stand, sit, move but her body wouldn't cooperate; and still the black spots wouldn't leave her eyes. The dress pressed to her back was caked with warm and sticky blood. The dwarf tapped her face, trying to coax her back to true conciousness. "C'mon Deary, this isn't the time or place. Hurry up Scruffy, put yer magic root-cellar to work!"

No! As much as she hated depending on people, Ilayda would much rather be left in the care of the dwarf then in the hands of the rat man (after all, who else would Scruffy refer too?). Besides there was something strangely comforting about being with the dwarf, maybe it was the fact that she knew by this point that she could trust him to have her back....literally.

Suddenly the noise heightened, but the words blurred together into and incomprehensible puzzle. All she could hear was the voice of the dwarf, one of the humans they had split up with, and that hideous sucking noise. Ilayda pulled together all her will to clear her eyes and stand up. Briefly she was able to see the ruined street, the giant white monster that was the cause of most of the ruin, and the a large group of women who all looked strangely like the one human who had spoken. Seconds later the world turned black as her weakened body finally lost it's hold and she spiraled into unconsciousness.

20. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

"I hope you've got some sort of plan, girl!" The Elf shouted, as he freed Golful'gar from the hound's claws.

Golful'gar collapsed at once, bleeding onto the cobblestone street below.

"We move back! You carry the giant, I'll distract the big fucker!" Dalia said, with a clear tone of command.

"N-no, oi can cerry moiselve." Golful'gar gasped, trying to rise to his feet, while closing his fist upon the handle of his pickaxe. He staggered about like a drunk, then began shuffling out of the alley to where the rest of the group were fighting off odd bunny-like demons.

"Where's all dees beasties comin' from?" He mumbled, flailing his pick at the demons, and showering the others with blood.

With one particularly wild swing, he lost his balance, and fell to his knees; several bunnies quickly surrounding him.

"Moi 'ead 'urts so bad." He moaned, releasing his pick dizzily.

21. sidtvicious

Eenzthk clumsily shuffled behind the group making their stand. He looked at the elf as her eye's shifted from slits to closed. She was not going to make it much longer. He unsheathed his bone carved knife and squeaked in pain as he made a slit across his palm. His blood bordering on the color of a blackish/purple sludge.

His eyes darted to the dwarf, who had hollered something at him in the same rough tongue as earlier while gesturing to the dropped elf. When, I start convulsing. Do me the favor of not letting me become a beast's next meal.

This may hurt a bit. He spoke to the elf's mind, with no response. She was unconscious. He had to act quickly. Muttering something in Skittari, he tapped a series of scarred runes across his stomach and placed his open wound on that of the elf.

Eenzthk ears rang as his body wretched in pain. He could feel the pulse in his hand drawing the pain, poison, and death from the elf. The energy entering his own body. His teeth began to chatter, and muscles spasmed, his mouth letting horrid screeching sounds escape him as he gagged and cursed. After a short time, his legs finally gave out, but he kept his hand on the elf's wound. A deep ache filled his chest as his palm began to convulse softly, his own wound beginning to inhale in a leech-like manner. By now, the elf should feel something. He thought as foam began to form around the corners of his muzzle. His palm still spasming against her back, her wound began to close.

22. Forgotten_Memories

She ran as fast as she could across the gardens, the pain in her arm and shoulders now taking its toll, constant throbbing pain. The illusions behind her ran this way and that, evading the king demon's sweeps and attacks. Every now and then it would hit one, and the clone would vanish in mid air, but at least her distraction was working for the moment. She reached the others, all converged by the fountain and halted brazier, its flame now blazing cosily, almost like that of a fireplace, but the scene was far from homely.

"Moi 'ead 'urts so bad." The half-giant wailed, surrounded by the furry demons. He was turning a pale colour, blood oozing from his torso in a pool beneath him.

Dalia's foot crunched against the back of one of the rabid demons, causing it to fly over the giant, whereupon it was shot by an arrow. Broggen let loose one more blast, and blew another away, and the half elf girl who had threatened Dalia before ran in slashing with a long blade. The furballs were dispatched of and Dalia knelt over the giant, pressing her hands against his torso. They had to do something quick.

The skitarri that had joined them was tending to the injured girl, and he was beginning to shake rather profusely. "Somebody stop him!" she shouted over the chaos, then looked back at her clones. Only two left.

"I have a plan." Dalia turned back to see Clairc the shopkeeper kneeling down beside her, his golden droid standing guard behind. "But I need everyone to get some cover." He looked up, straight at the castle, its gates still hanging open, hauntingly inviting. "In there would probably be best."

23. Brandogg12

Brandogg12 Member

With the joining of an eccentric rat man, an obnoxious dwarf, and yet another doll-faced deadweight, this parody of a party was something that could easily be written in children’s books. Except in this story, the demons began to become something that was overwhelming and frightful instead of an exciting challenge with a happy ending, Noveen thought.

She had witnessed a turn of events that displayed that she could perhaps depend on others- the hairy midgets (or so she called them) had been made quick work of by the pure strength of the half-giant, the might of the stout dwarf, and adroitness of Dalia.

If it had not been for the paralysis she had experienced for what felt like hours, along with the disheartening feeling the ash and sudden darkness instilled she would have tried to help;the whistling and shrilling of the massive, masked spectator as it tore buildings from their foundations was oppressive to the point that she wanted to give up.

"I have a plan," Dalia said as she tried to herd the flock to the next abattoir only because the blades of this one were too dull for her. Yet, Noveen felt it was not Dalia’s fault nor her intention. She was trying her best and her best was better that nothing at all.

"In there would probably be best." Without a doubt it would, Noveen thought. The castle seemed strongly rooted into the ground, and it looked heavy and thick. Even if it was not a godsend, it would give them time to regroup and think of a way out of this mess. Those clones would not last forever.

With a face on fire and a pain in her chest like she had never felt in her life, she managed to shake her head and shout, “Yes, let us get away from all of this, if even for a moment.”

24. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

"In there would probably be best." Na' heard the halfling say. The majority of the group was huddled around giant who lay on the floor bleeding. The rest were heading for the castle gates. Sprawled out on the ground there was no way the massive giant could be carried, then Na' had a thought. Arms wide he started feeling around, looking, searching for it. And there it was.

Rain!

The first few drops started hitting him before he'd even used his magic, at least his job would be easier. He sent out small waves of magic to the rain making it grow. It was like throwing oil on a fire. Lighning roared as the storm grew, a little more than he had intended but that couldn't be helped and besides the lightning should clear the flying demons off.

Slowly he called the rain down, letting it build infront of the giant, he would need quite a bit to carry him all the way to the castle. A sizable wall of water had built up now, Na' could feel it pressing against his hold.

"Hold on to the giant." He cried over the storm. Crouching down with the giant he let the wall go. Breath held the wave swept them away. Crashing through the castle gates they were deposited on the floor in a small wet heap. Na' got to his feet wringing his robe out.

"Well that went well."

25. losthawken

When, I start convulsing. Do me the favor of not letting me become a beast's next meal.

The rat’s now familar voice spoke into Broggen’s mind once again. He wasn’t sure he would ever get used to that, but there was nothing to be done about at the moment. It was raining now, but despite it all a well aimed shot from his pistol dropped a swooping terror from the sky. Its myriad of blades clanged on the cobblestone when it hit the street with a gaping hole in its head. Water mingled with its black blood and ran down the street.

A piercing animal screech drew Broggen’s attention back to the Skittari and the half elf. It was a frightening scene; the rat writhed in pain beside the body of the girl. Intense fear welled up inside of the dwarf, what in the name of his fathers was going on? Could the rat really be trusted?

"Somebody stop him!" Dalia shouted. The dwarf looked to see her gesturing for the others to take cover in the castle. Looking back he was shocked to see soft tender pink filling the lovely cheeks of the efl-girl instead of the pallid green he had only ever seen.

“Hurrry it up Scruffy, we’ll have more cover in there!” he pointed toward the open castle gate, not even sure if the rodent could hear him in its trance.

Just then a rush of water caught Broggen’s short legs from behind and swept him off his feet. The giant sloshed past led by another stranger. Water carried Broggen half way to the gate, leaving the girl and the rat behind. The dwarf started to rise before realizing that he was in the open and exposed. Several specters swarmed him forcing him to run. He swung his axe and cleaved one, flying beast. Two more attacked and grabbed hold of his weapon, lifting him into the air. A blast from his pistol killed on and scared the other.

Broggen dropped to the ground not far from the castle gate. He was on his feet in a flash and darted through the gate and found himself next to the soggy unconscious giant, and the elementalist.