The not happy thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Carmina, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carmina

Carmina Contributor Contributor

I feel sorry for the cows that get turned into gelatin

2. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

They always told me it was horses hooves. Hm. That magazine thing is kind of gross though.

3. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

Hats off to our bovine friends. I had a feeling it would be them, pigs, or horses. Thanks for wrecking my day, Emily. Now I'm unhappy because of you. :(

j/k, though it is kind of sad.

4. Xeno

Xeno Mad and Bitey Contributor

I'm nervous for our performance tomorrow.

5. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

Day Three: PAIN.

I've had a migrane since Sunday morning, and I've had much more than the 'recommended daily dose' of Excedrin Migrane today (Recommended: 2 tablets; Mercurial: 6 tablets). I dont think it's wise for me to take any more, considering I'm 4'11" and about 105 pounds. :p The last time, I had eight tablets in one day and my body started shaking. :eek:

So I'll just have to suck it up, or go find the ibuprofen... --And after looking, lovely. No Tylenol, ibuprofen, no nothing.

OuchOuchOuchOuch. :(

6. NaCl

NaCl Contributor Contributor

Merc,

See a doctor. There are many possible casues and treatments for migraine. My wife has been hospitalized for migraines so I've lived "with" them for over 36 years. She now takes medications that prevent the onset, as once they take hold, they are difficult to stop. Her "preventive" meds are almost 100% successful and she is a much happier person now.

7. Mercurial

Thank you, NaCl. I've been thinking about seeing my doctor all day today... It was really hard to keep myself from crying all day today --it hurt so bad. :( I realy do like my doctor, but I have a sort of irrational fear of going to the doctor. I'll get over it if it continues on by tomorrow. --There's no sense in my fretting about it now, anyway, because we're snowed in. :eek:

If it doesnt alleviate by tomorrow, I'll use my snow day to either schedule an appointment with my doc or at least visit MedCheck. My mom has been hospitalized for migranes as well, so perhaps it's genetic or hereditary? I dont have a clue about migranes, to be honest...

8. Carmina

My boss talked to me about "something to work on" which means a professional failing. It isn't something I really know how to fix either. If I don't know how to do something, I don't react or do anything right away because I need to think what to do next. The people asking me the question or asking me to do something assume I am not going any farther with it (even if I am just taking some time to look something up or process or ask someone else who would know more than I). If I ask my boss what the next step is...she says I am having her do my job. What am I supposed to do if I don't know something, but get in trouble if I ask?

9. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Because last night Sir Snores-a-lot forced me into the other room! :(

10. NaCl

NaCl Contributor Contributor

Fix the problem....clothes pin or super glue! LOL

11. Carmina

Get him a C-pap machine. Worked wonders for several men I know. You look like a dork wearing it, but you (both) will sleep better.

12. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Yeah, I've seen it. It always brings to mind the image of the bio-mechanical pilot of the crashed ship in the original Alien movie.

[​IMG]

13. Mercurial

My life, cubed. The room directly next to mine and the room directly below mine both house sleepers who can be heard from the garage. :eek:
    And then, my boxer puppy sleeps with me, and she has quite an obnoxious snore as well.

I either sleep with earplugs or my iPod earbuds, and I go to bed about two hours earlier than everyone else does, too, to try and combat it.

I wish you the best, brother! :p

14. yellowm&M

yellowm&M Contributor Contributor

I'm ridiculously overly tired...to the point if I hadn't spent the period forcing myself to stay awake and sort of pay attention I actually would have fallen asleep....

though compared to the other issues in here mine is stupid :p

15. Kitbug

Kitbug New Member

All my (total of three) friends think I'm being stupid because I'm going to go talk to someone who back-stabbed me and told me I was useless once before. But I can't help it, and I wish they'd support me. =(

16. SonnehLee

Are we talking about a guy?

17. Carmina

Men cause so many problems...but gosh if they aren't nice to have sometimes. I am laying odds that my husband hasn't done his Honey-do list.

18. Kitbug

Kitbug New Member

No, actually. So hooray for that. We're talking about the woman who bought a horse and said he was mine in technicality, even though she owned him, who then decided that I wasn't doing a good enough job so she took him away from me. Though, the horse was male and I love him, so in a way it's about a guy.

But my friends think I'm nuts cause they think she'll just hurt me again. And she might, but I love that horse as much as people love other people. So I have to try if she'll give me a chance. =(

19. SonnehLee

:( I actually have to go to school today.

20. zorell

zorell New Member

I am unhappy because I found out why it's so hard for me too review regularly; it's because, nine times out of ten, one of two things happens :
    1)I get ignored, no matter how thorough the critique. The creator seems to acknowledge everybody but me, thank everybody but me.
    2)The creator never looks at the thread again, so it's like "How'd this help you? And, if you didn't want help, WTF post it in a workshop:(?"

And, I've posted my last work here, not that I'm leaving, but I have enough of being ignored in RL, I'm not logging in to get ignored too.

I guess I am quite unhappy:( I'll get over it soon enough:)

21. Carmina

As I thought. Hunny did nothing all day yesterday but fart around on the computer. All I asked was that he wipe down the kitchen counters. Is that too much to ask?

22. SonnehLee

I did that stupid thing again where I type something up at school and can't open it when I get home because I don't have microsoft 07. Berghlsmurffen.

23. Carmina

I got scammed. Months ago this Business Supply company called asking if we wanted some toner at the previous years price. They had all our info and made it sound like we were getting a reorder... not like we were new customers. So, I ordered a toner. They just sent us 4 more unsolicited and are charging us $1,8000. When I called to ask them to confirm the order date and number, they said they had no record of the date I ordered these 4 toners. They only had the shipping date.I don't remember ordering 4 toners. If they have no record of me calling..I'm thinking I didn't call. Now, I have to get them to take the darn things back. But, of course, when I called back this afternoon...I go the voicemail. So I get to yell at them tomorrow.

24. SonnehLee

I'm unhappy because a certain ten year old took the $17 I had in my change bucket. And because I didn't have my change bucket, I couldn't get food this morning. :mad:

25. Carmina

It is Friday, but my weekend it totally booked up with theater activities. I will have hardly any time to spend with my Hunny or my doggies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.