The Not Happy Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cogito, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

From what I've been told, they stay in your system for more than a week.

2. Lewdog

I don't know if you are male or female to give you any help with that. :rofl:

3. AlVic

AlVic Member

Play on words?

4. PensiveQuill

PensiveQuill Senior Member

Not intentionally.

5. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

You can see arse crack over an 8ft fence? You must be awfully tall! :D

6. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

So totally totally furious at the way the entire news media has lined up behind the Westminster government to misrepresent (a weasel word if ever there was one!) the aims and facts behind the Scottish referendum campaign. It's just unreal. If we do manage to win this fight tomorrow, it will be entirely down to the hard work people have been doing on the ground and on social media. This isn't just my opinion. Check out this article from The Guardian (an English-based newspaper) entitled: How The Media Shafted The People of Scotland. This is how democracy dies. The feed of information gets choked off and directed by the people in power. http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/sep/16/media-shafted-people-scotland-journalists

7. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

People are not allowed to be informed and decide on the facts. Instead the people that own the microphones control the message.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
    jannert likes this.
  8. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

I've seen this in operation many times before, but NEVER to this extent, and to an entire nation of people who want nothing more than to be responsible for their own affairs. If this was happening in another country, the UK would deplore it. It's truly gone beyond repair.

And the fundamental question is being ignored. If we are a nation of scroungers and totally dependent on the handouts from Westminster THEN WHY ARE THEY GOING TO SUCH LENGTHS TO HANG ON TO US??? Especially the Tories, who stand to gain if Labour loses its Scottish votes. You think they'd be doing everything they can to get rid of us. You think they'd be helping us pack.

I only hope the Scottish people are smart enough to think this one through.

9. Lae

Lae Contributor Contributor

I'm not happy at how this whole thing has gone, little i can do to change it though.

As much as ive seen in the news, and what ive seen on the tv, websites etc i am a little dubious as to this "we're innocent, the English media hate us" line i see peddled. Im sure that is the case on a few occasions, maybe even a regular occurrence but when ive seen videos of yes campaigners shoving and screaming at the no guys i cant help but think there is no smoke without fire. I'm sure the No guys have done bad things too but the yes stuff is far to aggressive for my liking.

If people are scared to voice their opinion then the votes shouldn't stand.

10. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Cracked.com has had a serious chunk of depressing articles lately. Not that I don't mind reading the information within, but damned, they're depressing.

11. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

The shelf on my antique display cabinet collapsed and smashed to pieces my most treasured antique cake plates. Pre WWI Austrian porcelain, gold, purple, blackberries, my mother just gave it to me after I begged her for 20 years...:cry:

12. Link the Writer

Oh s***...Oh dear God...

<hugs you tightly>

I'm so, so sorry to hear this. :cry: We've truly lost something today. Historical...pre-WWI Austrian cake plates...

So sorry to hear this. :(

jazzabel likes this.
  13. AlVic

AlVic Member

Heh

14. AlVic

AlVic Member

*coughs on literally everyone and everything on the site* I'm sick

15. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

Aw, thank you Link, I needed it! [​IMG]

16. edamame

edamame Contributor Contributor

More bad driving lessons. The last one wasn't so bad but this recent one I ended up crying again. I didn't complain because I realized I was frustrated, but then my instructor said it was affecting him and he couldn't teach me. He told me not to come to my next lesson.

When I said if he didn't want to teach me I would go to the office, ask for my money back and go to another school, he backtracked and said he could teach me if I only didn't cry.

I was considering getting extra lessons, but not anymore. I have three lessons left. Hope I can stick through it. I'm sort of resigned to letting myself have maybe half a year to learn to drive and to maybe take more lessons at a slower pace. I learned to ride a bike as an adult, I skydived out of a plane, so I know I can do this. I'd rather pay someone who believed this too instead of working against me.

17. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

I just spent about three or four days helping my roommate clean out our shop to make room for exercise equipment. He's gotten onto a fitness kick (I approve of this) but we had to put in a lot of money to buy the equipment, so I hoped he'd get good use out of it. It was all delivered and set up yesterday and everything was good.

Today, he worked out with it for the first time, and he injured his elbow.

Fuck. BIG fuck. :mad:

18. PensiveQuill

@edamame,

Your instructor sounds like an arse. Perhaps from the school of...I've taught everyone else except you to drive using my completely rigid and non-sensical instructions. The fact that you haven't learnt to drive despite me means I'm not going to teach you.

For what it's worth I hated driving lessons too. Which is why I bought a motorbike so I didn't have to sit next to some self-important prick twaddle on about clutches and 3 point turns. I did eventually get my car license but continue to ride bikes because I don't fancy old age.

edamame likes this.
  19. PensiveQuill

Post 25yrs, you really can't rely on not getting injured exercising. Every time I take up yoga again I pull a hamstring.

20. Lewdog

What exactly are you having problems with? Is it parking? Have you tried getting some trash cans and setting them up in an empty parking lot and practicing on your own where you might not have all the pressure? Do you just get real nervous when you are around other cars? Are you always nervous?

edamame likes this.
  21. Lewdog

That sucks, but make him still use the equipment and exercise his legs. :agreed:

22. Link the Writer

Here's an advice I've stuck to whenever I exercise.
    + Go easy on yourself. Don't let ego get in the way and you hurt yourself. If you find a dull aching that's not a workout ache, cease and desist the workout immediately. You want to help your body, not ruin it. If you find yourself doing a new technique, go slow. Your body isn't going to like it if you force it to a position it's not used to.

Other tips:
    + If you're on an equipment, again, go slow. Feel the rhythm of it first before you go all out.

+ Keep going. Even if you do hurt yourself, wait until that limb is healed and keep going.

@Lewdog - Sometimes it's just the driving teacher. If the student is spending more time worrying about not pissing off the teacher and not on the driving itself, mistakes will happen.

23. edamame

@Lewdog - I do not have a car so the only practice I can get is during the lessons. If I could practice on my own, I would.

@PensiveQuill - Thanks! *hugs*

24. edamame

If he hasn't been exercising in a while, he should start with light exercise first like taking long strolls or lifting very light weights. I'm so sorry he got injured. =(

25. Wyr

Wyr Active Member

@edamame
    Not sure where you are from, but do they issue learner's permits there? When I was learning to drive I didn't take a single class, I just got a learner's permit and my mom took me to empty parking lots. If they are available in your area I would get a friend or family member to lend you a car and teach you to do it and forget the classes all together. Having someone you know and trust giving you instructions can make all the difference in the world- I didn't have a single hiccup when it was my mom with me, but the first time I tried driving on a highway my step-dad insisted on going and he and he criticized and berated me to the point where I had to slam on the breaks and pull off onto the shoulder because I just couldn't take it anymore. It was the first and last time I ever drove with him.

edamame likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.