The Not Happy Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cogito, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

I use Chrome on my Mac. I had so much trouble with Flash I keep it disabled most of the time.

I have found that sometimes when a video won't play, it will play on another site. Don't ask me why because I have no clue. And when I was having trouble I have also opened up Safari instead of Chrome. It's very easy to switch between the two, no different than opening up a tab.

I also never update Adobe Reader. When the Icon comes on (about every other day it seems) I just say no. That's bound to be an issue for me eventually but so far it hasn't been.

2. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

Maybe you could try to set Youtube to use the HTML5 player instead of Flash Player? Since HTML5 is browser-dependent rather than plugin-dependent it should work perfectly fine.
    Here's a link to a page where you both can see if it's supported and where you also find a button to set the browser to use it: https://www.youtube.com/html5
    In case something goes terribly wrong you can return to the same page and press "Use default player" to return to flash player.

3. SwampDog

SwampDog Senior Member

I'm concerned about the massive erosion of natural and inalienable human rights, and e.g. the perverse law that criminalises possession of the means to exercise those rights (I can defend myself, but not possess the means to do so.)

So instead of going for a walk and thinking about something upbuilding - like writing - I'm a television interviewer hammering weak and spineless politicians with logic they can't defend against.

Grrr!

4. edamame

edamame Contributor Contributor

My driving instructor destroyed my confidence last week and I couldn't recover during today's lesson. I feel as if I've reversed almost all the progress I've made. Have another driver's license road test next week. Don't think I'll pass. Don't know how to get my confidence back.

5. GingerCoffee

A follow up, I was dusting and found a dog food stash in a small vase on a bottom shelf. I also found a nest in a closet, but no dog food stash in there that I can find. The nest was made out of the chewed off cuff of my heavy sheep skin mittens. :mad: Damn those buggers are destructive.

jannert likes this.
  6. Bjørnar Munkerud

Bjørnar Munkerud Senior Member

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-30473983

Hostage situation in Sydney right now.

However serious this is, it's clearly not a good thing.

7. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Argh. I'm stuck in Calhoun, Georgia, trying to make some equipment work that I didn't build and isn't my responsibility. My client really appreciates my efforts (it says in his emails) but he won't send us someone whose responsibility this equipment actually IS. (Argh!) We're not experts on this stuff, but somehow, we have to make it work. I hate being put in this situation. I should have been home last Friday and I have no idea when I might get a chance to get out of here.

Calhoun, GA is pretty much a cultural wasteland. We keep looking for someplace to have dinner, but this has to be the world capital of fast-food joints. The most exotic and interesting food you can get here is a choice between Arby's and KFC. Pretty much. There's also Taco Bell if you feel adventurous. This is a good place to drink yourself to death in.

jannert likes this.
  8. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

@minstrel That sucks. Do you have any extra time to kill? If you're super bored with the town, just huddle up in your hotel room and bury yourself in writing. :D Though I'm not sure if that'd then bore your partner to death... Maybe you could try to write together like T and I. :D

9. Boger

Boger Senior Member

I'm out of eraser tape in my typewriter found in the street. It works perfectly fine, but I don't know where to go now.

10. GingerCoffee

Buy whiteout and erase by hand.
    Look in the thrift stores.
    Put an ad in the 'wanted' section of Craig's list.

11. SocksFox

SocksFox Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2024 Contest Winner 2023

My only day off this week and I'm stuck home sick. With the Holiday season in full swing I don't dare call in tomorrow. On a brighter note, Rue seems happy to have me home, he's asleep in my lap, seemingly dead to the world.

12. GingerCoffee

Been selling tons of stuff on EBay and now I have a game I shipped Priority Mail on the 6th and it appears to be lost in the system. Bummer. It's not like I have another unopened Spiderman Monopoly I can ship to the buyer to replace it. Very upsetting, they need it by Christmas for a gift.

13. Boger

Boger Senior Member

Are you so courteous to buy another one and have it ship to their address? I don't know if that counts as courteous.

14. GingerCoffee

I would but I don't know where to buy it, and it would get there too late. Better to give the buyer a refund and enough for her to buy a new one locally if one can be found. And yes, I go out of my way to fix things even if it's not my fault. I'm going to the PO tomorrow to inquire about the lost item. I hope it can be found.

15. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

There's a catchy song that's been in my head for a few days. It won't go away. Damn it!

16. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

A couple of lively young cats should do the trick. Seriously. They do keep mice at bay. Mice can be SO destructive. I've only lived in one house (briefly) where they were a problem, but I remember one of my roommates got her chest of drawers chewed through, because she had a stash of peanut butter in a plastic tupperware container inside. And yes, they chewed through the tupperware as well.

GingerCoffee likes this.
  17. Komposten

We don't have any mice in our house at all. At least not until the cats bring them in... :wtf:

GingerCoffee likes this.
  18. GingerCoffee

I have two dogs that would not do well with cats.

19. Link the Writer

I'm thankful I don't have cats who bring in hunt and plop them at my feet, then expect me to do something with them. My cat just snoozes all day. :D

GingerCoffee likes this.
  20. Komposten

Plop them at your feet? Nah, more like hunt them around all over the place until they are dead. Then toss them around some more.
    Once we came home to find mouse entrails scattered all over the carpet (and let me tell you, you don't want to have mouse bowels dried up on your carpet) . Another time there was blood spattered everywhere; a few days later we could still find streaks of blood we had missed...

21. Link the Writer

Wow, cats are vicious little bastards. o__O

22. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

Oh my gawd it was you that I bought that monopoly game from? :eek:

23. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

My cat is inside cat. She'll hunt the hell out of a shoe string though.

Okon likes this.
  24. GingerCoffee

Wrong state @Lewdog. It was being shipped to CA. Maybe there is a ring of postal workers stealing Spiderman themed games. ;)

25. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

I'm not too sure how well I did on two of my four finals, so hopefully I'll get those grades back and be able to plan next semester's classes around any potential retakes I have to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.