The Not Happy Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cogito, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

Today has been awful. :( I just want to curl up in a ball and die. It's been awful since I woke up this morning. And I don't even want to keep going. But I will. And I have to.

2. Solaris

Solaris Active Member

Why was it so awful? =/

3. Lavarian

Lavarian Contributor Contributor

I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

4. SonnehLee

Holy CRAP, that is an AWESOME idea!!

5. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Depends what it's a shot of :p

6. Lavarian

Man...One of our South Missouri telcos is down today. Both internet and video for all customers, so the phone queues are lighting up. Thank God Nascar isn't on- else we'd have real problems.

7. Tessie

Tessie Contributor Contributor

Hey, there's nothing like a fireball. It always clears my sinuses. Glad I could offer something that I know really helps. :)

8. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

Thanks, guys. I'm sorry about coming off perhaps a bit melodramatic... I have recently been put on a new medicine, and I don't think it's right for me. Not only is it not doing what it should be doing, but it's actually making my symptoms worse. Thus, my moods have kind of been all over the place, and I've been extremely impulsive. I posted when I was feeling particularly low. Although that's not to say I feel all that much better now...

I felt angry because people seemed more concerned with the anticipated death of an old man, weather, and snotty noses than someone who was literally breaking down. Of course it is no one's obligation to comfort or take care of me, especially when the likely response from me is probably going to be resistant at best. And because of this, I know how self-centered and snobby I must sound. Please understand, I've been having a tough time as it is dealing with some challenging and life-changing events (referenced, albeit vaguely, in a previous post), but the medicine is just making me feel ten times worse.

Anyway, after this post I'm going to go crawl back into the woodwork and be quiet for a while. :redface:

I am incredibly upset and anxious about it. :( I am planning on talking to someone who might be able to help in a few days. I also, finally have a small but strong support system of one behind me, and I think she is all I will need for this issue, or at least all I want for now.

Thank you. :)

9. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

Sounds like a fun-filled day...

I hope things improve, Merc, I really do. *hugs*

10. Tessie

Tessie Contributor Contributor

Yeah, Merc, we all hope it turns out okay. :)

11. Celia.

Celia. New Member

crapola. my burrito came out chewy :(

12. Lavarian

Whoa. That just sounds really gross.

13. hiddennovelist

Indeed it does. Eep!

I don't know if it's because of the cold, because of how often I've been knitting recently, or something else, but I've had really bad pains in my right hand for the past week or so. Wah. Make it stop!

14. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Merc, I hope things get better soon darl. *hugs*

I feel for you. I get pain in my wrists all the time, I need and op to fix my problem, but I'm avoiding it because I'm so terrified of having operations myself, that I simply can't get it fixed. I can deal with the pain, I just simply try and ignore it as much as I can and when it gets too much I rest my wrists a while. I'm such a chicken. :(

15. SonnehLee

These last two days have been awful. :( I barely slept last night, and the only sleep I got was marked with some of the worst nightmares I've had in a while. I can't handle things right now.

16. hiddennovelist

I don't blame you for being a chicken about getting an operation, I would be nervous too! :( You probably should go in, though...you can do it! We'll help you be brave if you want us to. ;)

God, I'm sorry, Em. :( I regularly have crazy nightmares, and it can be pretty crappy, so I really feel for you. I hope you get some better sleep tonight! And get a chance to relax!

17. Celia.

Celia. New Member

believe me, it was.

18. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

It's ok, I don't mind being a chicken LOL! I can deal with it till I'm too old and frail to have an op I think :p
    *hugs* Poor darlen. I hope that you have had a day of rest then and are able to get a better sleep tonight. Try to just block things out for an hour or so. I know it's hard, but it will help if you can do it. Otherwise, just know I'm thinking of you and sending you lots of support and loving hugs.

19. Unit7

Unit7 Contributor Contributor

I hope whatever you are going through has a wonderful ending. :)

It's ok to sound self centered when you are feeling really down. The way I see it sometimes you just want someone to acknowledge you. Its never fun feeling invisible when you are feeling like crap. You hope that someone, anyone, can shed some light in those dark times(oh how I love my cheesy/cliche phrases!) But when everyone elses problems seem so trivial, it can be rather devestating to feel invisible. Gives a foul feeling that you just don't matter enough.

Not sure if any of that made sense. But I think I have an idea as to how you feel. A small glimpse only. I don't persume to know exactly how you feel. But I have had similar moments to these and I know from experience it just sucks.

Again I hope that whatever you are dealing with will be something you conquer and you see good happy days once more real soon. :)

20. SonnehLee

Thanks Tor... I did that this afternoon and just kind of let myself breathe for a while. I was able to sleep last night (I took meds to make sure of it..) and so today should be better. *hugs!*

21. natsuki

natsuki Active Member

I had submitted a short story some months ago and received my first rejection today...
    The editor did say the story was enjoyable, but I don't know if that's their standard response...

I was expecting it, but even so, I'm a little down right now.

22. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Look on the bright side. It means you're really an active, submitting author now. And it's just the first step towards acceptance.

23. Eunoia

Eunoia Contributor Contributor

Bah, I can't seem to get into writing this darn essay. It's due in on Monday and worth 45% of the module and it's scary. I'm really worried about it and I can't even get into the swing of it. It's frustrating.

24. Corbyn

Corbyn Lost in my own head Supporter Contributor

Just glad to know there is someone you talk to. Hopefully you can get to speak with that person before you get to feeling low again. I hope things get better for you.

I had that problem with my research paper. I wound up just writing through it. It wasn't my best paper by far but at least I got it done and turned in.

25. Celia.

Celia. New Member

GAH! I have to go to my umpteenth doctors appointment for them to adjust my thyroid meds. Will this ever end?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.