The Old Kingdom: Darkness Rising (Discussion)

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Erik-the-Enchanter!, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    Oh snap, I think I misread. It's too much to edit, so as of right now, Vetala is in the basement with one hand caught in the ceiling. Joe should probably get on a stool or something to hit her, lol.

I was waiting for someone who sent me a template to post first, but I'll post in about an hour if she doesn't show up.

Silent Lion likes this.
  2. Lone Vista

Lone Vista Active Member

Works for me! I'll edit to have them stand on something now.

3. Skye Walker

Skye Walker Banned

Ah, Sorry about that. This is my first writingforums RP, so I'm not really sure how this is supposed to go. I thought I needed some form of approval to post the character sheet XD

Do I need to post the character sheet here, or do I need to post something in the actual role-play?

4. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Here

5. Skye Walker

Skye Walker Banned

Right, thanks. Here she is:

Name: Nixie "Nyx" Asano
    Appearance: Average height, about 5'6. Incredibly skinny, almost no curves and a basically flat chest. Ethnically Japanese, with almond-shaped eyes, olive skin, and slender, dark eyebrows. Natural black hair, which she regularly bleaches and dyes so that it's almost platinum/silver in color. Shaved on the right side. Oval-shaped face, rounded nose, and full lips, and a small silver piercing right underneath her bottom lip. Wears a plain-coloured tee, dark jeans, and ratty sneakers.
    Spells List:
    1. Gift of the Sky: She can manipulate electricity, to an extent. It mostly depends on the weather, though. For example, on nice, cloudless days, she can only conjure up enough to charge up a phone. On a stormy day, however, she can pull enough out of the air to cause a school-wide black-out, certainly enough to kill someone.
    2. Duplicate: She can create matter out of thin air, as long as she's touching what she wants to duplicate. This only applies to small to medium-sized things, though, and the larger the object she's duplicating, the more the ability drains her. The largest item she can duplicate would be about the size and mass of a small wardrobe. Also, she can change the molecular structure of the object, as long as it's similar. For example, if given a chunk of carbon, she can duplicate that into a chunk of diamond. However, this requires intense concentration, which is one thing she doesn't have.
    3. Hyperfocus: This is more to help her as a person than anything else. Since she has ADD, it's sometimes hard for her to focus hard enough to follow through with more complicated spells. This spell just allows her to, as the name says, hyperfocus on one thing at a time. This isn't always useful, though, as the spell lasts about an hour, and in the heat of battle, it's good to be aware of everything that's going on... she may or may not have thought this spell through.
    Personality: In one word? Theatrical. She's very loud, flirts with everyone, and has a lot of trouble being serious and handling anyone's emotions. Has a real temper. Really fucking sarcastic. She also holds a grudge pretty well, is always ready to fight someone/something. "I'm skinny and bitter. Skinnical. Don't anyone tell me otherwise."
    Favorite Subject: Anything art. Theater, writing, visual arts... pretty much everything except for dancing. She has good balance but is surprisingly uncoordinated when it comes to that.
    Other: When she was younger, her parents bought her a violin, and she loved it. She practiced all the time, until she got so annoyed with a passage that she threw the instrument across the room. It broke. Her parents didn't buy her another violin.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    Silent Lion and Lone Vista like this.
  6. Silent Lion

Silent Lion Active Member

Love it! Andreas is gonna have a ball

Skye Walker likes this.
  7. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Alright, I'm gonna label her as Crazy Asia (*wink* Icarus *wink*)

AnonyMouse likes this.
  8. gibble410

gibble410 Contributor Contributor

Add one more to your list @Domino355

Ill read up tomorrow and post then

9. gibble410

gibble410 Contributor Contributor

Name: Tourmaline Quinzel

Appearance: A height of 5'4, thin and agile, with a bright smile and blue eyes. Bouncy blonde hair that hangs in curls around her shoulder, and she usually has a watch on her wrist.

Spells List:
    Cats Claws:
    When using this spell, sharp, pointed claws grow from her fingernails. They can cut through steel and flesh easily. When bored in class she might use this spell and then tap on the desk loudly to annoy teachers.
    Cat Attributes: Once she uses this spell, it lasts for roughly 10-60 minutes. It grants her advanced gymnast skills, surges of adrenaline, increased focus and surprising strength.
    Rubixs Cube: Accessing this magic let's her solve any puzzle, unlock any lock, figure out any problem, and give the correct answer to riddles.

Personality:Tourmaline appears very sweet and charming, but can be very mean and cutthroat when provoked. She is especially proficient in magic having to deal with hand-to-hand combat, and she sometimes might skip a class. She smiles a lot and is very nice in small ways, such as holding the door for people or sharing her lunch with them when they forget theirs.

Favorite Subject: Art and P.E, art because she enjoys expressing emotions through drawing and paint, and P.E because she can easily win at almost any game and surpass any competitor in a race

Other: she reads comic books, (mainly Catwoman), has three brothers, (all graduated), and her parents are divorced. She never sees her dad, and lives full time with her mom.

10. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Nice Goldilocks Catwoman?

11. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one picking up on those vibes. :p I miss Kami. I hope Icarus comes back someday, maybe as a sequel or reboot or something. It had so much potential. :(

12. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Or just as a continuation of the original rp.

13. Skye Walker

Skye Walker Banned

I was confused until I looked her up. Wow XD

Every good RP has to have a nice, murder-y Asian girl, right?

14. Skye Walker

Skye Walker Banned

Alright, I hope that post was okay. Tell me if I missed anything, or messed anything up.

..did I mention that Nyx doesn't think anything through? I feel like she's about to fuck some stuff up, big time. Whoops. Also, I don't think I mentioned this in the CT, she's got a pottymouth. I don't think it's unwarranted here, though. :p

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  15. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

I guess I didn't think it through when I made Trisana blow up the floor. I didn't realize I might hurt Joe...my bad, lol.

16. Lone Vista

Lone Vista Active Member

Hey no worries! I'm totally fine with running with this, plus it's no fun if I just make the guy invulnerable. ^^

17. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

Ok, hehe. :p

18. Lone Vista

Lone Vista Active Member

@Erik-the-Enchanter! quick question for the GM: is Derrick a spell caster?

19. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Nah, he's just a kid. :/

20. Lone Vista

Lone Vista Active Member

Cool, thanks! Just wanted to know if he'd be part of the evacuation effort.

21. Skye Walker

Skye Walker Banned

Alright, I'm in the middle of writing my post. I was gonna post this morning, but then shopping came up and I had to leave for three hours, and now I'm back. So, expect a post within the next thirty minutes. :)

Edit: I had to adjust for Erik's post. I'm a liar. Whoooops.

22. Skye Walker

Skye Walker Banned

Alright, posted. Sorry my posts are so long, I'm going to work on shortening them from now on. Now that I'm with the rest of the group, I don't think that's going to be a problem, though.

Alternate title for Nyx's post: Nyx fucks everything up.

I left what happened to Vetala open-ended, so, uh, have fun, I guess?

Edit: For some reason my writing hasn't been very good for the past week, so I apologize if it's trash.

23. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    It's really good, no probs. Half the time, I think my writing is Sugar Honey Ice Tea. Lmao. :D

24. Skye Walker

Skye Walker Banned

Yeah, well, it felt sort of random and disconnected, I guess. That's something that will hopefully clear up in time for Nyx to wake up, though XD

She's probably gonna be sleeping for a while, though. Gotta work on that stamina, amirite? :p

25. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

I'm having the same problem. It's been difficult getting into character. I don't usually write younger characters, which is probably why Samara seems like the most mature of the class (which is intentional, but I feel like I'm walking a fine line between 'mature for a teenager' and 'grown woman in a teenager's body'). :|

I think we'll get better at this once everyone relaxes and has a chance to interract casually. That's when their individual personalities will shine, IMO.