The Upgrade

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Daniel, Sep 7, 2011.

1. aimi_aiko

aimi_aiko New Member

I would like to point out a recent issue I have experienced that may be because of the new upgrade...

When logging in, it took multiple tries before I finally logged in successfully. When I tried logging in the first few times, it logged me out and treated it like I had not tried logging in at all. It said the normal message it usually gives after logging in, giving me the redirecting message, but once the page loaded back up, I was not logged in. I had to do this several more times, then I finally got in.

2. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

On pretty much every occasion since the upgrade, when I log in it shows me an error message, but does actually log me in.

Also, it doesn't seem to remember me, when I check the "Remember Me" box.

3. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

Weird...I haven't had any problems logging me in, and it hasn't logged me out again since I checked the "remember me" box.

4. the1

the1 Active Member

To possibly rectify this issue I would clear my browser's cache and see if that works. You can also try and clear your cookies.

5. the1

the1 Active Member

Well that is obviously the perogative of each of the individual forum owners. Daniel has already said he is working on changing from the default theme. If other forum administrators wish to keep the generic vB 4 design than that is their ill conceived decision.

6. Islander

Islander Contributor Contributor

I like the new design better, and think the muted colours are very easy on the eyes, so I hope we'll be able to choose layout scheme.

7. Radrook

Radrook Banned Contributor

What happened to the report an infraction icon?
    What happened to the easily accessible blog statistics at page bottom?

I don't find this as user friendly as the other one.

8. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

The report post icon is now on the bottom border of the post. It is the rightmost icon of the left hand group.

9. the1

the1 Active Member

I think some people perceive the new software to be less user-friendly simply because they are more accustomed to the old design. Give it a bit of time, I'm sure you will find the new software can do everything the old one can do plus more. ;)

10. Radrook

Thanks for the advice.

11. Radrook

Thanx for trying to help Cogito.
    I still can't see it but maybe in a few days I'll get the hang of it.
    Everything else I can see just fine.
    Maybe its not showing on my screen and my computer is at fault.

12. J.P.Clyde

J.P.Clyde Prince of Melancholy Contributor

It may be easy on your eyes, but it isn't easy on me. The lighter colors really hurt my eyes. And trust me I have my computer screen brightness at a moderate length of lighting. I haven't been on WF, just because of the fact that I'm not able to see very well.

13. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

one problem i've been having here lately, is my post reply text 'moving' when i'm trying to edit it... makes it hard to go to a place in it and fix/add something, 'cause it 'slips' away from where i want to place my cursor...

it's not happening anywhere else, so i can't see it being a prob with my computer... anyone else having this problem?

14. Cogito

I have seen it, but I believe it is because the longer pages (twenty posts per page instead of ten) take longer to completely load and render.

15. Sarah G

Sarah G New Member

Yeah I have been having this problem too. Mainly when I want to send a Pm, apart from that I'm getting used to the design now:)

16. Jayyy1014

Jayyy1014 Jerrica Contributor

Agreed, it's the reason for my lack of being on here as well. Lighter colors are hard on my eyes.

17. J.P.Clyde

I didn't want to say anything to sound like a whiner or a complainer. But I'm glad we're going back to normal colours. Because this weirds my eyes out. I see funny colored dots on the screen. And my eyes do weird things with the muted colors. I need something bolder to be able to fill in my eyes.

18. jnk1296

jnk1296 Member

Wow. There really are a lot of people who don't like the new theme, aren't there? I mean, I'm all for going back to the older theme, because this one is just lacking, but I'm not having any eye problems. Maybe it's my monitor? Meh, it's not my place to judge.

19. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Yeah, J.P.Clyde, if you're having such serious eye problems, I'd suggest seeing an optician, because I don't think that a colour scheme should be having such a drastic effect on your eyesight.

20. J.P.Clyde

Thank you. Because there aren't people with eye disorders or other forms of disorders such as dyslexia or anything of the sort. Just like people don't get colds and flus.

Also people aren't sensitive to certain colors and lights.

*rollseyes*

21. Not the Admin

Not the Admin Banned

Uh, even MORE reason to go see an eye doctor?

22. J.P.Clyde

I have. I do.I wear glasses, but am also very photosensitive. Certain lighter colors trigger my eyes, the way they are triggering them. I find these comments slightly insulting in the sense that people don't seem to think that I don't go see an eye doctor. I already know of my problems. I'm making a statement of how the lighter color is affecting my eyes, I was not here to complain nor start a fight.

However, comments with unhelpful advice as if I am some lumbering brick who has no thought process to see doctors is ridiculous.

23. Not the Admin

Not the Admin Banned

I really don't think 'go see an eye-doctor' is unhelpful advice, but that's your opinion. I also did not mean to insult you in any way, but you are requesting that Dan change the entire theme of the website to conform to your standards, and yours alone.

24. J.P.Clyde

Several other people have stated how the theme has affected their eyes as well. It isn't just me. All I said was I was glad we were going back to the normal theme or a semi version of the normal theme because my eyes cannot handle this theme. I was putting my two cents in the way others have so that way Daniel can make some considerations.

Or should we stop considerations then? Stop parking for the handicap. Stop making handicap seats for them on the bus. Stop making wheelchairs all together, either they walk or they don't, but they need to conform to the society.

25. Cogito

Hey folks, not everyone has perfect eyesight, and telling them to see an eye doctor is insensitive at best. So please cool it with comments like that.