Question [Solved] Thread removed

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by OurJud, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Aaron DC

Aaron DC Contributor Contributor

Like I said. Completely irrelevant.

2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Then I don't understand your post.

Wouldn't be the first time I didn't understand someone's post.

3. dreamersky1212

dreamersky1212 Active Member

:bigfrown: I was totally one of the newbies that didn't read the rules before posting my first chapter. After it was taken down, I learned quickly enough. I wasn't mad about it. That's what I get for not reading the rules....ahh the fine print. :blech::confuzled::dead: But now I know and I hope I have been better at the whole working with everyone in the forum thing. I was just a little quick to the draw...:supercute::supercheeky:

KaTrian and jannert like this.
  4. GingerCoffee

I don't think most new members do it on purpose, a few maybe, but not most.

jannert likes this.
  5. Hubardo

Hubardo Contributor Contributor

I'm a mod on another forum and I have mad respect for other forum mods. It's a headache sometimes, and people direct a lot of hostility toward you for trying to maintain basic order. Most people don't realize how much work it is. Thanks WF staff for existing.

KaTrian, PiP, Komposten and 1 other person like this.
  6. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Yes, I think that's what happens most of the time. If the enthusiastic newbie's post gets taken down and the mods explain why, and the newbie sticks around ...then they're welcome and totally forgiven for missing the fine print. However, ones who take the hump when they're reminded to respect the rules ...well, cheerio.

All of us here have been through the same process. Nobody gets a free ride.

7. Sifunkle

Sifunkle Dis Member

That's not what Lewdog's clown midget erotica led me to believe... :supercheeky:

It is a bit of a shame that good critiques go to waste. I suppose there could be a hidden 'Pending' forum or something where they could be stored until requirements are met, but the admin would be crazy, and the staff here already work darn hard to keep such a tight ship (thanks guys!).

So I suppose that leaves the "tut and ignore" approach to gun-jumpers. There's hardly a shortage of options in the Workshop if you fancy some critiquin'...

Lemex, jannert and GingerCoffee like this.
  8. GingerCoffee

I like that idea.

9. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

I use a film forum that doesn't employ a single mod, and it's an absolute pleasure.

10. PiP

PiP Contributor Contributor

I'll second that! Being a mod is often a thankless task and they certainly have my respect.

So there are no rules? Sounds like a potential bitchfest to me.

I like the idea of offering critique before expecting crit on your own work. Although I notice in the poetry forum the members who post do not always offer crit.

11. OurJud

Well there you go. It sounds like a potential bitchfest, and I'm here to tell you it isn't - not in the slightest. We're all adult there, you see, and know how to conduct ourselves. We don't need prefects roaming the corridors.

12. PiP

PiP Contributor Contributor

So you have no debates, no flamewars, no one posting obscene messages, no trolls, no sock puppets, no advertising/spam, etc?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  13. OurJud

We certainly don't suffer with obscene messages, and we're very lucky with advertising and spam, too.

No real trolls, but of course we have debates - sometimes heated - but is that not what forums are for? Flamewars and fallings out, very occasionally, but such is life.

The point I'm trying to make is that we don't have mods strolling around in their little-Hitler uniforms all the time, spouting the rules and deleting threads. Any problems and we sort them out ourselves.

That said, this is not the same forum. I like it here and I'm perfectly willing to go along with the rules, so long as I feel they're justified.

14. Hubardo

Hubardo Contributor Contributor

That's nice. Mine is video games. We get lots and lots of spam, trolling and flaming. If we went the anarcho-forum route I doubt our fans/community would get much out of it. Also makes it easy for us to compile reports to submit to the devs, not having to sift through toxic arguments and verbal abuse.

Haven't thought what this forum would be like with no mods or rules but I personally probably would have left a long time ago if some of the more bigoted views expressed here were allowed to go to their full extremes. Maybe others would love this 'freedom' proposed and feel 'oppressed' by mods. I think that's eye rollingly silly but to each her own.

jannert and PiP like this.