1. Playingpandora

Playingpandora New Member

Title for my new races

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Playingpandora, Feb 5, 2017.

Alright, normally I use the terms angels and demons in my story, but I think I need a new name. In my story, rather than being naysayers and accepters of gods, demons and angels are a lot different. they're beings who split from the same original race. Back back back in the day there were titans, and the race that split to become angels and demons were worried about the titans. Some decided to slay these gentle giants and create items from their powers, growing stronger on their own while using the remains of titans as weapons, like monster hunter, the ones I normally refer to as angels. Demons didn't want to see the race die off so they accepted the titans, combining with their power and spirit and accepting them in, they housed the titans inside of their bodies and became demons. I need to change the names though. any suggestions?

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Perhaps look back through the genesis of the modern concepts of angels and demons. A quick study will show you that the modern vision of the lovely robed quasi-fairies we think of today as angels is a very modern concept, relatively speaking. For instance, cherubim, which we incorrectly think of as the fat little baby angels of renaissance art, began as fierce creatures that would fit much more into the mold of what we call a demon today. For your beings that you are currently calling demons, the Elohim also feel like a nice fit. Different genesis, but the idea of a hybrid is innate to them.

Simpson17866 likes this.
  3. Playingpandora

Playingpandora New Member

thanks