Virus: Biohazard

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Raven, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bick

Bick New Member

There was a momentary awkward pause as everyone looked at each other.

“Bloody hell!” I yelled, “Let’s get in the damn safehouse!” I quickly thrust the door open. As everyone piled in. I soon followed only to notice my crossbow was still in the car. I cursed under my breath, and ran to the car. I opened the door, grabbing my bow, and going into the back to get my extra arrows. I suddenly heard a shot go right past my head and the cry and thud of a person behind me.

I turned around, and groaned as I saw the remainder of one of the beasts.

“Thanks.” I muttered, grabbing my extra arrows. I quickly ran for the safehouse and slammed the door shut, locking it’s bolts.

“What are we going to do?” I heard one of them say, “They’ll have this place surrounded soon.”

“This place won’t be safe long if they all attack it.” Someone else said. I quickly looked through the boxes, trying to find my extra arrows, ignoring them. I needed them if I was to survive this. I quickly came up my box of extra arrows and picked it up tossing it to the middle of the room.

“I have a friend with a Helicopter who stayed near here just in case something happened.” I said, and everyone looked at me, “I’ll call him now.”

I quickly grabbed my phone and held in the 1 key. His number dialed and I put the phone to my ear.

“Brauchen du mich?” his dark, German voice asked.
    (Do you need me?)

“Ja.” I muttered, “Danke Brock.” I said hanging up the phone.
    (Yes.) (Thanks Brock.)

“I’ll be here in a few minutes.” I said with a crooked smile. I quickly sat down on my box of arrows, awkwardly rocking back and forth as I heard the noise of the beasts outside.

2. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

I tapped my foot impatiently.

“For goodness sake get in already will you?” I said to Kim and Charlie who were bickering constantly. “Charlie, get inside, Kim, go in front with Brock.” Charlie smiled gleefully. Kim looked happy, but Aaron looked a little disgruntled at this arrangement. I waited for all of them to get in, and then got in at the last myself. So the copter rose and we were taking off.

“So,” Charlie turned to us, “How did you people manage to get into this situation anyways?”

I looked at Aaron, and he looked at me. I started explaining. Right from the start. Everything except why I was involved.

3. Iulia

Iulia New Member

Mikel De'Rojan. 26. Brown hair, blue eyes - scar on left wrist. He was to be at a certain pub tonight, and I needed the money - I needed it bad. Going out at night was a ridiculous risk, and I wasn't sure it was worth it. I stood at the door, paused in mid-step and fully armed with my gun and knife.
    "Daddy? Where are you going?" Sh**. I turned around and bent down to look Cathleen in the eye. She was developing a bit of a French accent, but still rolled her "r"s like the Scot she was.
    "I thought you were asleep," I said, not knowing what else to tell her. She shook her head.
    "I couldn't." she mumbled, flatly.
    "Listen - I want you to lock up the doors. I have to go out for a little while. Try to sleep - if someone comes to the door, go to your room. Lay flat on the floor and lock that door too."
    "What if it's you?" she asked, with a small grin.
    "I have a key, I won't knock or break in. Okay?" Cathleen looked horrified. She hated being left alone, but there was no one I could trust to take care of her. I could starve to death for all I cared, but my daughter was getting more and more slender and I had to provide for her. Otherwise, I was incompetant and nothing.

4. Oasis Writer

Oasis Writer Contributor Contributor

I listened to her story. It was weird seeing her again after so long. When everyone was killed in my life, I joined the army for a while, but it didn't last long. I was always a loner. It was weird being with a group again.

I interrupted her story when I heard a noise.

"I'll be back." I said, grabbing my rifle and walking outwards toward a window.

I looked out of the plates of metal and saw nothing. It was about dark. Extremely dangerous time. I sighed. Today didn't go well. We were really reckless.

5. Bick

Bick New Member

We were on the top floor of a building, Brock had already managed to secure it. He was a good friend, heartless bastard or not. He grabbed my shoulder, his face like stone, emotionless as usual.

“Holsteiner und Brot.” He said, handing me a bagged wonderbread and
    (Holsteiner[very popular German sausage] and bread.)
    a large german sausage.

“Danke meine Freunde.” I said, patting his cheek as he went to his
    (Thanks friend.)

bunk in the far corner. His English was poor and his social skills were lacking, but all the same he was my friend. I pitied his lonesomeness, but I smiled and came to the group.

“Bread and some german sausage.” I said with a half smile, setting it on top of my box in the middle of the room. Hungry eyes looked my way, and Aaron began to cut the sausage into thick slices.

“Dinner is served.” He said. I smiled, taking two slices of the bread and putting the sausage in between. I greedily took a bite, the greasy but flavorful sausage melting into my mouth.

6. Neha

I looked disgustingly at the sausage.

"Kim?" I said.

"Yeah, Aina?"

"You got canned tomatoes right?" I asked

"Yup," she answered.

"Gimme sum of it, and the bread."

"Why?" she looked confused.

"I'm a vegetarian."

7. Bick

Bick New Member

I quickly got up, the sandwich still in my hand. I gently shook the closed-eyed Brock, waking him from his sleep.

"Hat gekonnt Tomaten?" I asked, and he gave a grunt as he lifted himself up.
    (Canned Tomatoes?)

"Nicht." he said, "Ein Kuchen?"
    (No.) (A cake?)

"Ja! Das ist super!" I said with a smile, as he went to his bunk, and picked up a foil
    (Yes, that's great!)

wrapped cake, and handed it to me. I quickly walked over, and handed Aina the cake.

"No tomatoes, but here's some cake," I said, "Sorry."

8. Neha

I crinkled my nose, "It'll have to do I guess."

We all at in silence, all mulling over our own problems.

The room was in silence fifteen minutes later too, even though everyone had finished eating.

I sighed, "It's getting monotonous I guess, after all the excitement. We should really go off to sleep."

No-one protested. Everyone moved to their bunks except Kim and me. We took the sleeping bags and spread them on the floor. I switched off the light and got into the sleeping bag. Soon i found myself slipping off to sleep. The last thing I remembered was thud.

9. thelastblueberry

thelastblueberry New Member

In my imagination. Not always a good thing...
    Charlie sat in a corner and watched as everyone ate. When she was offered some sausage she waved it away. She wasn't interested in food right now. She stared at Aina shamelessly, a small smile curving the edges of her mouth. Her green eyes glimmered with some secret only she seemed to know.

After their silent meal Aina suggested getting some shut eye. Everyone agreed. Charlie watched them lie down and make themselves comfortable, never taking her eyes away from Aina. After a while everyones breathing bcame slower and deeper as they entered the land of dreams.

Charlie got up and tiptoed carefully over to Aina and then noisily plopped down on the ground next to her. She rested her elbows on her knees and leaned over Aina to get a better look at her face. Aina's eyes flashed open and blinked a few times, looking startled.

10. Kratos

Kratos New Member

Wow. That was unexpected.

Usually I work alone, but I needed these guys. It was a bunch of chicks anyway, apart from a guy. I realized that charging into a group of monsters with just a katana wasn't the wisest thing to do, but hell, it looked sweet.

Well, I was lying in an apartment with all these people. Most, like me, were pretending to sleep; either from fear of those creatures coming back or from distrust of the others. Me, it was the distrust. I don't really like people at all. They just slow you down and let you down. You let them into your life, and they ruin it.

I took a deep breath and leapt up. Two girls stared at me with distrust. None of these people had even spoke to me before.

"Don't worry. I'm going to scout the area."

They stared at me, amazed that I could speak English. Well, I could. Japanese, English, Chinese, French, Arabic, you name it. I made it my specialty to learn languages. The only problem was that I didn't really care what people said.

I headed out the door, gun in my left hand and my right resting on the hilt of my sword. There was no sign of the monsters that I could see immediately. The city just looked dead.

Suddenly, I realized my mistake. I had never fought these creatures before...and I was out at night.

"Man am I stupid..."

They were coming...

11. Bick

Bick New Member

I sighed as the boy walked out the door and I quickly grabbed my gun.

“If you hear yelling, then you’ll need to come.” I mumbled. Whether they heard me or not, I didn’t care. I patted my gun in it’s place, and took my crossbow in my hand. The sleep metal felt good in my hands. I quickly slung my arrow carrier over my shoulder, filling it as much as I could with extra arrows.

I quickly ran after the boy, and could all ready see the beasts surrounding the building. Most of them couldn’t be seen in the dark, but you could definitely smell them.

“God damnit.” I cursed under my breath. I quickly grabbed the boy and ran inside the building with him.

“We can’t fight them in the dark.” I hissed, “What do you suspect we do boy?”

12. Kratos

Kratos New Member

One of the girls, Kim, I think, grabbed me and forced me back inside.

“We can’t fight them in the dark,” she hissed, “What do you suspect we do boy?”

"First off, I'm older than you are. About what we're gonna do...we're gonna blast their brains out, what else?

She gaped and looked at me strangely. I guess she'd never heard someone talk to her like that.

I unsheathed my blade. "Let me at these guys. I'll carve 'em up like sushi."

I chuckled. "See there? I made a joke. I'm Japanese, sushi?"

She didn't answer.

I shrugged. "Fine, ignore me."

She still gaped.

"Hey, you ok?"

She pointed behind me and raised her weapon. I spun around and came face to face with the largest horde of monsters I had ever seen.

"Oh shi-"

13. milove

milove New Member

I aimed my sights at the nearest creature next to me and fired my beloved revolver. There was a loud bang and the mindless being fell to the floor. Blood oozed for the bullet hole. I had killed an other infected human.
    An other one down, I thought slowly. I stared at the body with sadness. I could never stop thinking how they were human also. I think I'll call this one Lily.
    Feeling sentimental I picked a wild flower that was growing next to my boots. I then laid it on the corpse slowly.
    It was difficult, but we needed to find the cure no matter how many lives were lost.

14. Iulia

Iulia New Member

As I walked through the street, I kept my gun in my hand. The pub was only yards away, and I had already shot three of these vicious creatures. The light was on, but I could make out only one figure. I could see him - there he was. I didn't get much thrill out of my so-called job, but I saw the villain as bread on the table. So . . . close.

15. Iulia

Iulia New Member

There was a woman leaning over a corpse to my left, and I felt a sudden pang of sadness for her. She was setting a wildflower on it, remorse on her face. I cocked my head to the side, thinking this a trite strange, but as I pondered, another Infected came up behind her and raised arms above her head.
    "Look out!" I yelled, leaping at the creature with my knife raised. It fell to the ground and she looked up, shocked.

16. Bick

Bick New Member

He turned around and said something, but my attention was elsewhere. I stared at group of beasts in front of us. Surrounding us on all sides. My eyes went up and my heart raced as I took notice they were even atop the buildings. I slowly loaded the arrow onto the crossbow, not taking my eyes off of them.

“Oh shi-“ I heard him say as I snapped back into reality.

I shot one of the nearest in the chest, he fell to the ground without a noise. I quickly loaded another arrow, shooting another in the chest.

“Kommen sie hier!” I yelled instinctively. I cursed under my breath, I
    (Come here)
    hated the English language.

“We need help out here!” I screamed. Taking my handgun out, shooting at the on coming infected beasts. I frowned as the body of one brushed my boot. I always feared infection; that’s why I was here. I just worried we wouldn’t find one with the cure.

I heard the others come, and I went around trying to get to the other side. That’s when I noticed a man and a young lady on the other side of the monstrous group. They had weapons, and appeared to not be infected.

“Hey!” I yelled towards them. Suddenly one of the infected beasts jumped at me. I quickly fell to my side, shooting at it more then I needed to. I frowned as the last shot came out as a blank. I was out of bullets, they were inside the building on the other side.

“Sheiss.” I yelled, grabbing an arrow and equipping it to my crossbow.

17. Iulia

Iulia New Member

"What are you doing?" I called, as a girl shot wildly at an Infected coming at her. I hoped I didn't sound angry - I just thought it a shame to waste amo. I had heard her speak German and English, and was relieved not to have to speak French. The tone they put to their 'r's was one I couldn't manage, and I did not like the language anyway.

18. Bick

Bick New Member

I looked over at the people that I had worked my way towards.

“Hallo.” I muttered, shooting one of the infected that got to close to me. I shuddered, this was getting uncomfortable.

“We have a helicopter over there.” I said pointing to the very top of the building where the vehicle sat, “We can get out of here with our group.” I waited for a response as I kept my guard.

19. Iulia

Iulia New Member

"Thanks, but I've got work to do." I replied, flashing a half-hearted version of my crooked smirk.

20. Kratos

Kratos New Member

The chopper came down, but I ignored it. I slashed an infected, cutting its arm off. I turned and blasted the next one in the head with a bullet.

"Get on the chopper!" called one of the girls, cupping her hands to sound louder.

More Infected crawled around me, admitedly more than I could handle. I climbed up the ladder, taking a few shots now and then.

As we all crammed in the copter, I managed a smile. "Oh, by the way, my name's Roku."

21. Iulia

Iulia New Member

I had in mind to simply dash into the pub, kill Mikel, collect the reward and be done with it. Then I could get home to Cathleen and buy food in the morning. Unfortunatley, the Infected were coming at us like ants on a lump of sugar, so I had no choice but to give into being dragged into the copter.
    "Kale," I mumbled in response.

22. Neha

I woke up with a start. That girl, Charlie, was staring down at me. And she'd gotten to close for my comfort, but it felt like someone had drugged me. The boy with the katana got up and moved towards the door.

To my surprise, Kim followed him. I would’ve too, but I was too drowsy.

Then it all started going wrong, i could hear all sorts of sounds outside the room. Everyone in the room was scrambling for the door. I tried pulling myself up, but found no strength. Next moment I found myself being pulled to my feet and supported out of the door. Charlie. It was her.

“Don’t worry, Aina, Charlie will take good care of you.” She said. She led us to an onclove besides the building. I was really drowsy. I wondered if Brock had mixed something in the cake. I’d been the only one to eat it. And I was the only one feeling like I was right now. I started falling back to sleep. Next moment, someone jerked me very rudely and I found myself being carried to the copter. I was bundled in next to Kim, and Charlie came after me. She clasped my hand tightly and I put my head on her shoulder. It felt so nice to be with Charlie again. No, this wasn’t my Charlie. But it felt like she was, like she’d come back from the dead. I heard the boy with the katana introduce himself as Roku. Then I started slipping from the seat in between. I hadn’t tied the belt. I grasped Charlie’s hand tighter, but continued slipping.

And then I passed out.

23. thelastblueberry

thelastblueberry New Member

In my imagination. Not always a good thing...
    Aina didn't seem like her usual self. Charlie didn't liek it.It had been five years since she had lst seen her riend alive. AShe grabbed Charlie and tried shaking eh awake. Whent hat didn't work she suppoted her towards the helicopter. Charlie was dying to get a shot at the nasty beasties, but she needed to help Aina first.

"Don't worry Aina, Charlie will take good care of you."

They climbed into the helicopter, Charlie guiding Aina the whole way. She felt the urge to hold onto Aina's hand, as if Aina would simply dissapear unless they kept some kind of physical connection. She felt AIna's headbob and then slwoly fall onto her shoulder. Charlie placed her arm around her and stroked Aina's hair.

"Don't leave Charlie again ok? Just sleep." She began humming a lullaby no one had ever heard before as the heicopter took flight.

24. Kratos

Kratos New Member

One of the girls was singing the other one a lullaby. It must've been some American one, 'cause I'd never heard it. It was a strange contrast; a lullaby in a forlorn, death-ridden city crawling with zombie mutants.

No one spoke; we were all tired and uncomfortably crammed into the chopper. Things had happened so fast that I wasn't sure who was who, or even where we were. But I knew my mission. The people of this world needed protection against the Infected, so I would be the man for the job. I usually work for money, but I'm not really sure that money is really worth anything with these Infected around. I guess I was in it for fun; and possibly pleasure, if I saved the right woman.

"Anybody know where we're heading?" I asked.

25. Iulia

Iulia New Member

I was grateful - I really was. They had, after all, possibly saved my life, but on the other hand, I was annoyed.
    "I um . . ." I began, unsure of how to explain myself. "Thank you," I started over, hoping to appeal to them. "Listen, I need to get out of here. W-what I mean is, I need to get home." The others looked at me a bit strangely, but I waited for a reply before speaking again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.