4. 3 times a day.

5. More than 3 times a day.

6. Other (it varies)

7. Once every couple of days

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

What is your usual bathing routine?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Wreybies, Dec 28, 2014.

My uncle is visiting for the holidays. He's a funny, outspoken fellah. I like him a lot. :) He made mention to me today about having OCD related to bathing. He asked me (in Spanish), "Man, how many times a day do you bathe? You must spend a fortune on soap. They have medication for that kind of thing."

I bathe in the morning because I don't feel awake without a bath. I bathe before bed because I just cannot get comfortable to fall asleep with the day's sweat on me. If the day is really warm (remember, I work from home) I'll take a midday rinse just to freshen up.

Is that excessive? :unsure:

What's your usual routine?

2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

You left out a choice for 'other' as in, my routine varies. ;)

It's not the same, I can see these poll results unlike in the other two threads. Are you by chance using the default options in the poll?

3. Wreybies

I added "Other (it varies)" ;)

Since I can edit polls to a degree that others can't, I'm running through the variables as the poll runs its life. When I first made the poll, the situation you mentioned also happened to me. I voted and the poll kinda' closed up, like closing a dropdown menu, and when I refreshed the screen it seemed to let me vote again as though I had never voted. I voted the same option again, same thing happened. I went in and clicked the option to allow answers to be seen and there was my vote, already cast but only once, not twice, even though with that choice un-clicked, it had looked as if my vote was never cast.

4. ChickenFreak

ChickenFreak Contributor Contributor

You've left out any option for less than once a day. :) The old "bathe once a week whether I need it or not" frequency is no doubt well out of style, but I think it's not that unusual for people to bathe only every second day or so.

I think that three times a day is unusually frequent, but I wouldn't call it excessive. I assume that you're not always saying, "I can't do that tonight/tomorrow; I wouldn't have time to bathe." It took my mother a good three hours to finish her bathing and dressing ritual; that's what I'd call OCD.

If you're just jumping in the bath/shower for a few minutes, I don't see it as any stranger than having three cups of tea a day or brushing your teeth after every meal.

Wreybies likes this.
  5. Chinspinner

Chinspinner Contributor Contributor

Why do you ask? Is there a smell coming from this post or something?

Wreybies likes this.
  6. Wreybies

LOL :-D Well, the conversation with my uncle really did come up this afternoon and I'm also running a small test on the polling function via this poll since there seems to be a glitch occuring.

[​IMG]

7. Wreybies

Correct. :agreed: My showers are quick (no more than 10 min, usually more like 5 min) unless I'm shaving. I have a full, very heavy beard so the shower is the best place for me to shave without irritating the skin on my face.

8. Jack Asher

Jack Asher Banned Contributor

Once I get some AOBiome I plan on never showering again, save for after camping trips and vigorous sex.

Okon likes this.
  9. Wyr

Wyr Active Member

It used to be I would bathe once a day, every morning. Well, technically, it was at evening, but I worked nights so that was when I got up.

Once I moved to Brasil, that got tossed. I started bathing at night because I just felt icky climbing into bed all sweaty from the day, and leaving my hair wet helped keep me cool long enough to fall asleep, which was nearly impossible otherwise. Seriously, last summer was hellishly hot even at night. I also picked up the habit from my husband of taking what they call "cat baths" here on the days that are really bad, which is just hopping in the shower and rinsing off from the neck down, just to refresh. Unfortunately, along with the heat we are in one of the worst droughts in the last 70 years, so in order to conserve water I've had to cut back to every other day or so. :meh:

10. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

I shower just about every day for less than ten minutes each time. There are times, though, when I feel a bit icky due to the weather (humidity) or manual labor, and I'll shower two or even three times in one day. I absolutely hate feeling filthy, so I shower a lot.

My roomie doesn't shower very often, but when he does, he does it royally. He loves taking showers that are at least three hours long. He has back problems, and the hot water eases the pain. He has a chair in his shower so he can sit down and enjoy the experience.

11. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

I need to bathe (or more accurately shower) once every day, in the morning, or I feel weird and utterly disgusting. It's honestly an obsession, and I can't even feel properly awake until I've had a shower, and sometimes, depending on how much sleep I've had, at least one cup of coffee or tea - usually coffee. Also, after exercising, coming home from a hike, or working a long shift, I'll also shower as soon as I feel the sweat on my body is too much.

One of the main reasons why I will never camp is because there isn't usually a shower in the areas my friends like to camp in. The other reason is it's hard explaining your location to a pizza delivery guy when your directions start with 'You know that field?'

Okon and Wreybies like this.
  12. Chinspinner

Chinspinner Contributor Contributor

I can't leave the house without a shower in the morning.

Lemex likes this.
  13. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

You and me both.

14. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

I show in the morning and at night. The former because I won't feel awake otherwise, and the latter because I don't want to get into bed with a day's worth of dirt on me.

15. Jack Asher

Hey! Lets all destroy out microbioms with chemicals that hurt and dry out our skin, just so that we smell pretty! Did none of you read the article?

Seriously, I'll bet some of you even use antibacterial soap.

daemon and Wreybies like this.
  16. Wreybies

Not me. The whole antibacterial fad/movement is going to be the death of us all. All it does it create stronger bacteria and human bodies less experienced in fighting them. Proper, normal exposure to the environment around us is part of creating a strong immune system.

obsidian_cicatrix likes this.
  17. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Right now it's very cold winter and we don't have internal heating, so practically like living the entire day long with a median temperature of 10 degrees Celsius. Still, I'm in the habit of a shower in the morning (sometimes evening if I oversleep or something), I used to bathe on alternate days until a few years back in winters but now I shower daily.

As for summer, especially if I'm working out, I usually shower twice a day. Thrice a day if the heat is just crazy and the AC isn't enough to cope with it.

However, I don't wash my hair daily, but on alternate days, regardless of how frequently I shower. My hair is quite sensitive and couldn't survive over-shampooing if it was all I could do.

18. 123456789

123456789 Contributor Contributor

@Wreybies , two is definitely not excessive. I'd recommend showering in the morning after workout, again after work, especially if it's a lab a hospital or a factory or a restaurant, after going to the beach or evening workout , and always right before bed, probably an average of three times a day.

19. Duchess-Yukine-Suoh

Duchess-Yukine-Suoh Girl #21 Contributor

I only bathe, I don't take showers if I can help it, and I only do it every other day. :)

20. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

My usual routine is once daily in the morning. But in the heat of summer, I often go for an evening shower so I'm not getting into bed covered in stale sweat.

If I lived in the tropics, twice a day would de riguer year 'round,

21. Okon

Okon Contributor Contributor

This time of year, I bathe after work, at about 12:30 'noon, so I can get up at 2am to go to work again. On my Friday nights I have a hot bath to ease sore muscles. I'm honestly too lazy to buy soap, so I just use shampoo.

@Jack Asher, that's quite interesting. Logically, it would help cut water usage, but I personally wouldn't be excited about experiencing showers less.

22. Jack Asher

A lot of the people using AO+ still take showers. They just don't use soap. Or shampoo. Or moisturizer. And their skin is so much more healthy.

23. Fitzroy Zeph

Fitzroy Zeph Contributor Contributor

I shower as soon as I get out bed, so once every 48 hours or so.

24. daemon

daemon Contributor Contributor

2-3 showers per week is more than enough for me. I shampoo my hair about once every 1-2 weeks.

Granted, my showers are long. They are a time to relax. And think.

25. ChickenFreak

ChickenFreak Contributor Contributor

I do bubble baths. I bring entertainment and refreshments. I once wrote a haiku:

Chips, murder, and steam.
    A book and a crinkly bag
    in the bathtub. Wrong?

obsidian_cicatrix likes this.