Writer's Romance

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Nilfiry, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Daniel I Russell

Daniel I Russell Active Member

In Stephen King's The Regulators, a writer states that when I you tll a woman you're a writer, it's a fast track ticket into her pants. Not true I'm afraid! Although, maybe when your books are in every shop in the world...

I agree with Torana. I've met the love of my life on another writing forum (and we couldn't be happier! Right?).

2. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

awwww! So sweet! <I'm going to vanish under that rock so no one can see me blush now...>

3. Gone Wishing

Gone Wishing New Member

Romance as a result of wrinting? Not for me, I'm afraid. :p

More often than not, upon telling someone that I'm a writer, I'll either get a "that's nice, dear" reaction or they'll feign interest because they think it shows how much they care...or something. :rolleyes:

Using my (supposed) skills as a writer has been known to come in handy every so often, once the romance has already begun. lol. :p

4. Still Life

Still Life Active Member

Add in a few more people, a Disney Land, and a Japanese market and you'll have me there in an hour.

5. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

People: We've got plenty. The entire valley is one continuous sheet of suburbs broken up into cities by arbitrary lines.

Japanese market: I would be extremely suprised if we don't have one. It's not a very racially diverse area, (White people, hispanics, and island people for the most part) but it's got a suprising range of cultural influences from many different countries.

Disneyland: You got me there, all we've got is Lagoon, and I'm pretty sure it's about five or ten levels of coolness below Disneyland.

6. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

no, only because i was incredibly sexy in my old life...

no clue what that means...

but i did write my lovers into my fiction a lot of the time... would've been silly to let all that great stuff go to waste!

1 person likes this.
  7. Nilfiry

Nilfiry Senior Member

"Because you write" refers to your hobby/profession of writing, and "or of your writing" means because of something you wrote.

8. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Yes, unfortunately. In college there was this guy in my creative writing class who was very interested in my writing.

We started hanging out and discussing writing and so on and so forth. He was brilliant and I had stars in my eyes.

But within a few months he turned into someone else, some sort of jealous stalking monster who called me on the phone twenty five times a day to see where I was and who I was talking to and what time I went to the bathroom and... well you get the drift.

Anyway, the night I finally had the guts to break things off with him, he followed me out to my car screaming that he'd never really been interested in my writing in the first place and the truth was that he thought everything I wrote sucked and I might as well give up and get a job in retail.

I learned a lot that day!:)

9. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

You know, if I weren't a writer, I would never have met Daniel I Russell, so I guess you could say that it was because of us both being writers int he horror genre that drew us together and formed our feelings (love) for each other in a sense. If I wasn't a horror writer, I'd never of joined the forum I did, where I met Dan, and we'd both be miserable and still searching for that one person we are meant to be with. Neither has to search anymore though. So yeah, writiing helped me meet the one I love. (god that sounds so damn cheesy and unlike me lol.... Loaf you Dan!)

10. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I love you, Maia! :D I wish I knew you IRL. :p

11. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

we might've heated up the landscape, wrey-baby!