Yummy as a kid. Blech today.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Wreybies, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Lavarian

Lavarian Contributor Contributor

That actually sounds pretty good.
    Sounds like it could use some meat though...

2. Lydia

Lydia Contributor Contributor

That sounds good! :D

Oh, and I know another one. Mascarpone with chocolate spread. Sounds delicious, yes, but every time I think about it I also realize how much fat that contains... but I don't mind it in tiramisu, so I'm just weird. :p

3. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

The dipping french fries thing? Back when I ate at Wendy's, I would dip both my french fries and my chicken nuggets in my frosty. I would still do it today, if I ate fast food.

Same here. The funny thing about me, though, is that people get really upset that I'm not picky. There are lots of things that I'm not supposed to eat, but I hate making cooking things or ordering things difficult for people, so I just pick out what I can't eat. Joel makes fun of me for it.

That sounds delicious, actually.

I didn't do this, but my uncle, who loves ketchup, once put ketchup in his ice cream. He said it didn't taste very good, but I guess his mom said "you love ketchup so much, I'll bet you would even eat it on ice cream!" So he did. *shudder*

4. Lavarian

Lavarian Contributor Contributor

Well, it's better that than being picky any day. Some people FREAK-THE-F***-OUT because there's a piece of lettuce touching their food. A coworker of mine won't touch any veggies at all and it's actually kind of embarassing eating somewhere with him. He seriously freaks out- as if the vegetable were poison.

5. Lydia

Lydia Contributor Contributor

My sister once made me eat chocolate with goats cheese. It was disgusting.

6. garmar69

garmar69 Contributor Contributor

I used to like head cheese and braunschweiger. Still like braunschweiger if it's sliced thin on a ham sandwich, but head cheese...do not want. Also used to love cold fried chicken and I can't stomach it any more for some reason.

7. Aconite

Aconite New Member

I'm told, supposedly, that I used to like beets when I was very little. I have no idea how. The taste and texture both revolt me.

Also, ranch dressing, but that's less of a horrified reaction and more of a 'blech, how bland and fatty and worthless' reaction.

8. Dante Dases

Dante Dases Contributor Contributor

Peanut butter and curry. Not at the same time (as some of you were thinking).

I used to really like peanut butter, but I suddenly went off it when I was about 11 and haven't had any since. And when it comes to curry, I used to have loads of it when I was a kid. These days, I never have any because I just don't like it (meaning I often skip the house trips to the curry shop in favour of going up the road for some fish and chips).

9. JTheGreat

JTheGreat New Member

I used to heat up cheese in the microwave and eat it with a fork o_O. LOL, one time I accidently heated it up on high and it burnt and stuck to the bowl.

That reminds me of a time I accidently microwaved my dinner with the fork on the plate. NO ONE TOLD ME YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO DO THAT D:. Nothing exploded or melted, thankfully.

10. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Macaroni and cheese. Used to love it, now it's disgusting. The only kind I like is the shape ones--Toy Story, Scooby Doo, etc. Those are the only kind I like.

Grilled cheese. I used to eat that as a kid all the time, and now I can't stand it. I still eat grilled peanut butter sandwiches though. Those are good. :)

11. Ashleigh

Ashleigh Contributor Contributor

In the comfort of my stubborn little mind.
    When I was little, my favourite thing to have for dinner was...

[​IMG]

Sausage and beanies! :D

The thought of that stodge as a meal now is kind of icky, but i'm not convinced i'd dislike eating it, lolol.

12. hiddennovelist

I used to eat that, too! Also, I used to heat up beans like that and eat them with potato chips. I did it in front of Joel once a year or so ago, and he was horrified.

13. Arvik

Arvik New Member

I used to like grilled cheese, but now the only cheese I'll eat is on pizza (go figure).

Also: molasses. I remember just eating it raw, not too much at a time, but still. Of course, I haven't tried it raw for a while... I may very well still like it! ;)

14. LadyLazarus

LadyLazarus New Member

Microwaved marshmallow sandwiches. Literally marshmallow between two bits of bread, put in the microwave for 1:30. Ick.

15. TerraIncognita

TerraIncognita Aggressively Nice Person Contributor

LOL my sister hate peeps ever since she got sick eating them one time as a kid. So of course I felt the need to buy a shirt that says "chillin' with my peeps" and has a peep on it. ;)

I can't think of anything at the moment.. I'm sure it will come to me though. lol

16. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

Oh man, i'd forgotten that stuff. Used to have it on toasties all the time. Would prob still like it, but...i used to be broke and its all i could afford!

I used to like Mayo and tuna. Two craps, making an ultimate vomit-fest now.

17. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

I used to eat the eye of a fish.

Yup, I'm a vegetarian. But someone said eating a fish's eye makes you intelligent(the Bengalis are verrry intelligent and all they have is fish). So had the eye as often as I could. It was tasty I think. But eeww, now I just want to puke when I think about it.

18. hiddennovelist

Haha I have one that says "peep show" with a couple peeps standing there in bras and panties. My family thought it was very inappropriate.

19. JessaNova

JessaNova New Member

Hahaha! Are you serious?! I didn't know other people did that.
    Sometimes we'd put it in the toaster, put butter on it and then cinnamon and sugar. That actually still sounds good...

By the way, why haven't you posted in The Golden Orb? I've been waiting for some sort of response from somebody.