Tags:
  1. DREWSKY

DREWSKY Member

27yo Chess Player

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by DREWSKY, Sep 6, 2020.

Hello!

Brand spanking new to learning how to write as an adult. Main goals are to improve grammar, sentence structure, and building an overall style.. As I'm improving with typing speed there is more of a desire to learn how to write well and express ideas in a better way.

Chess and food science are huge passions.

Seven Crowns and Steve Rivers like this.
  2. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Oh yeah! Nothing like creative writing to help build typing speed. I so had that happen to me. One of the good side-effects of being a writer.

Do you write about chess and/or food science? Or have you got other things you want to write about? What kind of stories do you read?

3. Samlet

Samlet Active Member

Welcome to a fellow Chess devotee!

Tell me, are you more partial to Florence, or Svetlana? I met them both One Night in Bangkok so I feel I know them well. Sadly, as a 27yo, you may not understand...

I had a friend with great typing speed - Werty Uiop, lovely chap.:D

4. Steve Rivers

Steve Rivers Contributor Contributor

Food science huh. Does that mean you've taken a bucket into your kitchen full of liquid nitrogen and dipped something in it? hehe :D

Welcome to the forums.

Cave Troll likes this.
  5. Kyle Phoenix

Kyle Phoenix Active Member

Welcome to the forums Drewsky. I hope you enjoy your time here and feel free to make yourself at home. :)

DREWSKY likes this.
  6. DREWSKY

DREWSKY Member

Sometimes write about games and stuff happening around Colorado for a local chess email newsletter. Not really anything too crazy. Haven't read a ton of pure fiction stories in a long long time.

Haha. Sounds like fun. Love reading about how the food industry works. Mainly looking at commercialized farming right now and also how nutrition affects the body/health. Research on aging is also something really cool to jump into.

Steve Rivers likes this.