1. Scavenger

Scavenger New Member

30 Days of Night

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Scavenger, Oct 22, 2007.

This is mostly for Torana's benefit, since we seem to share a love of gore.

I saw this movie on Friday, right after a haunted house. It's pretty good as far as horror movies go, and I'd recommend it to anyone who likes vampires and is tired of cliche after cliche and horrible transylvanian accents (instead, they just scream at each other and grunt and ripe their voices out of their throats).

Also, the gore completely surpasses Saw at some parts. And there is no lack of it.

Nor is there a lack of creepy children trying to kill you. Why must there always be creepy children?!

Cheers.

2. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    Nice.
    I read the comic a few years ago and enjoyed it. So once I find it here I'll have to watch it. Hopefully I can see it in theatres.

3. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Awww so sweet :p

I haven't seen it yet but seeing as though you have said that it surpasses Saw at some parts then I will be sure to watch it. I'll have to go to the video store tonight and find out when they are getting it in.:p

I'll let you know what I think of it when I get to watch it hey. I'm not really into vampire movies though, but I love gore so I'll take a look at it

Thanks hehehe

Tor

4. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

It's out soon in Australia and I soooooo want to see it!

5. Torana

*cries* the video man where I live is stupid. He has got no idea about anything with the damn movies and he said he has no idea when this movie and Saw IV are going to be out and he has never heard of them and I am crazy!

*cries* stupid stupid man! *cries* stupid stupid man! *cries*

6. rml8607

rml8607 New Member

I read the comic last year and I just saw the movie on Saturday. Both are really good. The movie creeped me out, and I'm not easily scared. The vampires were awesome

7. Scavenger

Scavenger New Member

Aw, I'm sorry Torana, that you can't go see it soon. Theatres are out of the question, I'm assuming? Perhaps I'll send you a copy so you can see it sooner. :p

I haven't read the comic, but I'm tempted to go seek it out. Now if only I had any money left...:p

8. Torana

Yeah theatre's is out as I can't get a babysitter. I don't trust their father to have them so I just have to wait till it comes out....whenever that day is *cries*
    I'll let you mail me a copy though :p:p:D:D hehehehehhehehehehehehehehehehe

9. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

I saw a trailer for this yesterday, before Resident Evil Extinction. It looked quite good actually. I'll probably get it on DVD though. Anyone else like the look of I Am Legend?

10. rml8607

rml8607 New Member

I'm really excited for I Am Legend! I saw the trailer and I think that it's going to be badass. I just hope they don't change too much from the original story:)

11. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

I liked the look of the trailor for this too :) I hope to see it when it comes out :D

I am legend looks good, not read the book though.