1. assassin

assassin New Member

>_> ah yeah, gidday.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by assassin, Oct 30, 2007.

:-D title says it all, don't it?

Both my reading and writing preferances are fantasy (sometimes with a splash of sci fi, but not too much) and well, to be honest, I just like to get opinions on what I've done.

Yes, some of you may've seen me somewhere before. I troll for new forums like crazy ;)

2. Funny Bunny

Funny Bunny New Member

well welcome. Lots of SF and Fantasy fans here.

3. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

There are lots of SF and Fantasy lovers here whom I'm sure will be happy to give your stuff a look over. If you have any questions for us don't hesitate to ask. Happy writing.

If you are interested then we run a short story contest which you'd be more than welcome to join in on. See this link for details

Short Story Contest (12) - Theme: Halloween - Writing Forums

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

G'day assassin, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

As is true with gifts, so too with reviews - 'tis better to give than to receive. :)

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners.

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room on this site, therefore, is a true workshop, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work. See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

5. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Welcome here, another sci-fi - enough ALREADY! Lol, just ranting. Anyways, enjoy yourself here and keep checking in with us.

6. assassin

assassin New Member

Wow, welcomed I have been.

Funny Bunny - Lots of sci-fi and fantasy fans here you say? Then I shall be right at home. lol

Gannon - Contests hmm ... not much of a short story writing kinda person having only written one (8500 words counts as a short story, doesn't it?), but I'll pop on over.

Cognito - While I love a good game from time to time, I thought I'd throw myself into the review room early and I have consequently met with the review system already. Quite canny you lot are, making me read things so late at night and actually say something. No more sneaky phantom reading for me then, huh. :) But everyone loves gifts too, so who am I to say no?

anthraxx - Not sci-fi: fantasy with sci-fi touches. There's a difference, at least for me. ;)

7. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Hello and welcome to the forum I hope you have a great time here with all of us and I look forward to seeing your work around the boards.
    Torana

8. assassin

assassin New Member

HI :D. It's strange how I kinda do feel welcomed here, must be the difference in getting more involved than the other forums. Or maybe it's the lack of people bashing other people's works. Hmm ... don't tell me, I'll figure it out. :)

9. Bluemouth

Bluemouth Contributor Contributor

Yeah, this site has some really genuine people that actually want to help other writers. It's the best writing site I've been on.

10. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Well that is great to hear then. Glad you feel welcome here. And nah it ain't strange at all....but there are some of us here that are very strange so beware!!! :eek:

11. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

(Yeah... beware of Torana... she's... *whispers* strange!)

Welcome to the forum :) Glad to see you're feeling very welcome and settling in alright.

12. trailer trash

trailer trash New Member

Dear Writer,

Welcome to one of the fastest growing writers forums on the web. I’m sure if you hang around long enough you’ll begin to make new friends and enjoy becoming a participating member of the writersforum.org. I am sure that you as a new member will bring something unique and valuable to the forum, as well as find it an interesting and wonderful place to explore and learn more about the wonderful world of writing.

I have been away for awhile myself, and unfortunately have not been able to keep up with greeting the large influx of new members personally. Please forgive; except my sincerest and belated welcome to the forum.

Cordially yours,

Trailer Trash

PS: Sorry about the canned welcome, but there are just so many new members that it would be an awesome task to send persona greetings to everyone.