1. Bobby Burrows

Bobby Burrows Banned Contributor

A Biased Truth

Discussion in 'Research' started by Bobby Burrows, Dec 27, 2020.

I'm working on wracking my head around Holocene Era/Human Era adding exactly 10, 000 to the BC/AD or BCE/CE Gregorian calendar from the Holocene epoch, a watershed moment in our species' history - when we transitioned from hunter gatherers to settling down and agriculture, making 2021 12021 HE
    I wonder if it would be possible to ratify such notions as the year and the century; 269 years ago in 1751, Britain was late in adopting the current Gregorian calendar, as a result, in some 1752 calendar somewhere, 11 days are missing.

What is the root of the need, to say it's 2020 and not 12020?

I don't research to write a fiction, I want to open an investigative journalistic hunt to why, who, what, and when, and to offer an alternative, a fairer more unbiased recognition of the year, though I doubt we'd ever know any true year in any sense of the meaning 'true', but the Holocene Era or Human Era could be closer to the truth, and I argue, could be a more logical, more universal calendar to adopt.
    Are there any civilisations or people who live by a calendar other than Gregorian? Is there any truth to the rumour that in China, it's the year 8000?

Who are the powers that be whom govern the year at which we live our lives?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
  2. Naomasa298

Naomasa298 HP: 10/190 Status: Confused Contributor

TheBuddhist and Muslim calendars are different.

2020 is Buddhist year 2563 and Muslim year 1442 (the Muslim year runs from August to Aigust). It is also Hebrew year 5781.

The Buddhist calendar is used in Thailand, the Islamic one in many Middle Eastern countries, and the Hebrew one in Israel.

In Japan, it is Reiwa year 2.

Most of these countries also use the Gregorian calendar alongside their local calendars.